What Does It Mean To “Protect” Women?

Lesfilles

Pro
Daps
When you watch other races take care of their own, even strangers of their own race they will protect and look out for.

If a random cac woman screams near a black man, a flood of cacs will come flying out of the shadows like Indiana Jones looking for treasure at skull island.

I think it's more than just this.

It's not thinking that BW are automatically strong because they are black and don't need help. I've seen dudes on public transportation let BW stand only for a WW to get on and have them offer their seat. It's bad enough that AM, LM and WM ain't going to help out a BW but to see BM by-passing giving common courtesy to BW is disappointing.

Why do WW, LW, hell, sometimes even AW feel comfortable coming for BW or mocking them? If a BW came for a WW, a slew of WM, and even LM and AM will be there to dog her out; people come at BW all the time and no-one says or does anything. As soon as the BW reacts, she's angry and aggressive. Why do people always have something to say about them in general, be it a dismissal or an insult? Then wonder why BW seek validation in every-little thing.....

Just defend them when people come after them like every other race defends their own.

Why is it that when something happens to BW, people make excuses or reasons why she deserved to have it happen to her. Why can't there just be pure outrage like every-time a black man glances in a white woman's direction, even if she spoke to him first. Why do Arab corner store owners and the like feel comfortable soliciting BW as if they are common prostitutes? Protect them against things like that.

Why is it when BW do things it's quickly labeled ghetto and ratchet but when a chick with the last name Medina or Hernandez or Choi or Goldberg does it, it's 'cool' and 'trendy'.....stop hyping those imitators up.

Protect them and their contributions to the culture.... protect them as collective group of women. Do you need to be swinging on every dude that says something out of pocket? No, but the bottom line is, no man should feel comfortable coming for BW in your presence as a BM...it isn't that hard to comprehend.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
When you watch other races take care of their own, even strangers of their own race they will protect and look out for.

If a random cac woman screams near a black man, a flood of cacs will come flying out of the shadows like Indiana Jones looking for treasure at skull island.
Stop sucking other races dikks fakkit

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I have a question for the viewing audience and viewers at home. Does self proclaimed independence supersede patriarchal action? If not, why?
I'm confused. When you say patriarchal action are you tying blk men acting on behalf of blk women as patriarchal action. That in and of itself is one of the major issues when people view life through a gendered lens: namely you start viewing necessary human actions in divided terms. Defending one of you own when they are getting hurt isn't a patriarchal action. Helping someone of the opposite sex isn't a patriarchal action. I've literally seen dogs in the street help other dogs.

I've encountered this mentality in a lot of current generations of men. Calling out the flaws of having men solely in power to the detriment of women has been interpreted by men as an attack wholesale on their manhood.
So you will hear men say stuff like "Oh I don't hold doors for women b/c you wanted equality bytch!"
Lmao!

But they are operating from the assumption that the only reason you do things for the opposite sex is b/c they are operating from a place of weakness. That is one of the key flaws of patriarchy: this idea that humane behavior from man to woman is contingent upon whether he can control her or not.

Divorce doing the right thing from concepts of gender roles. To be honest, I look at anybody sideways when we even frame this question in terms of what men do for women.

Take gender out of the equation. When I hold the door open for a blk man (and let it close for a white one) I'm not thinking about gender. If I see a blk person man, woman, or child being hurt, I'm not thinking about gender fights online or whether these people would have submitted to me in other circumstances.

I'm acting b/c it's the right thing to do. And our men AND women need to do the same.
My perception of someone's Independence has nothing to do with me having common sense and realizing that strong people can be vulnerable as well.

I hope this isn't the mentality behind this phenomenon.

Now if said blk person male or female lived their lives hating blk people, or is acting a plumb ass fool and we KNOW they wrong, then nah I don't encourage any blk male or female to endanger their lives. Protection is a two-way street.

I don't agree that protection is tied to gender roles b/c in my community let some shyt pop off and
everybody coming for your ass. However, I do reserve the right as a female to address any blk female who put themselves in a bad place trying to emulate some shyt they saw on Love and Hip Hop. If you expect blk men to protect you, I just feel like it's common sense that you act in a way that will protect him and I don't mean adding ur lil T-Rex weak ass wrists to the fight after you've started some shyt and got him fighting for you. No I mean obviating. A word people don't like. That means to anticipate and make unnecessary. Meaning as his woman you shouldn't be doing shyt that endangers his life ESPECIALLY knowing how law enforcement ain't on our side.

I dunno it's a lot of sides to this, but if this is the type of shyt going down presently then I'm really disappointed in us.

sunny80

All Star
Daps
You've never seen a black man intervene on a black woman's behalf?

I've had an older black man intervene on my behalf when some guys surrounded me when I was out by myself one night. He protected me and made me feel safe. They scattered like roaches.

The only other times resulted in said men asking for my number but they don't count.

I've never actually seen bw get that type of "protection" treatment out in public by black men but I'm sure it happens. I've seen random African men come to the defense of bw a few times. I have definitely seen bm come to the defense of white women quite a few times and back in high school visibly mixed girls were always protected by black boys.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
I've had an older black man intervene on my behalf when some guys surrounded me when I was out by myself one night. He protected me and made me feel safe. They scattered like roaches.

The only other times resulted in said men asking for my number but they don't count.

I've never actually seen bw get that type of "protection" treatment out in public by black men but I'm sure it happens. I've seen random African men come to the defense of bw a few times. I have definitely seen bm come to the defense of white women quite a few times and back in high school visibly mixed girls were always protected by black boys.
Where are you from?

Daps
Reppin
I think it's more than just this.

It's not thinking that BW are automatically strong because they are black and don't need help. I've seen dudes on public transportation let BW stand only for a WW to get on and have them offer their seat. It's bad enough that AM, LM and WM ain't going to help out a BW but to see BM by-passing giving common courtesy to BW is disappointing.

Why do WW, LW, hell, sometimes even AW feel comfortable coming for BW or mocking them? If a BW came for a WW, a slew of WM, and even LM and AM will be there to dog her out; people come at BW all the time and no-one says or does anything. As soon as the BW reacts, she's angry and aggressive. Why do people always have something to say about them in general, be it a dismissal or an insult? Then wonder why BW seek validation in every-little thing.....

Just defend them when people come after them like every other race defends their own.

Why is it that when something happens to BW, people make excuses or reasons why she deserved to have it happen to her. Why can't there just be pure outrage like every-time a black man glances in a white woman's direction, even if she spoke to him first. Why do Arab corner store owners and the like feel comfortable soliciting BW as if they are common prostitutes? Protect them against things like that.

Why is it when BW do things it's quickly labeled ghetto and ratchet but when a chick with the last name Medina or Hernandez or Choi or Goldberg does it, it's 'cool' and 'trendy'.....stop hyping those imitators up.

Protect them and their contributions to the culture.... protect them as collective group of women. Do you need to be swinging on every dude that says something out of pocket? No, but the bottom line is, no man should feel comfortable coming for BW in your presence as a BM...it isn't that hard to comprehend.
You watch too many videos and not enough real life.
Where are you from? What type of neighborhood did you grow up in? Are you American?

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
the way i see it , not every one helps each other out

i see a few posts in here stating that white men or other men of other races help their women and that black men are the only ones that don't do nothing

when in reality its all based on what you see

lets go back to how white men treat white women,
the amount of times ive seen white men dog out their own women is a lot, but for someone thats never seen that side they will say "ALL white men protect their women no matter what they do" when that is far from the truth

i mean , just look for yourself, alot of white guys take the piss out of ugly/fat white women

men in general regardless of race from young children to adults treat women like shyt, some dont , some treat women the same way they do their own grandmothers, why people make it out to be that only black men do dirt is propaganda to me , at the end of the day its about what you've seen, and i know what i've seen with my own eyes.

any black woman saying black men dont protect, she most likely has father issues , wheres ya damn daddy at bih, even if the dad is around he probably didnt do anything, didn't giver her any jewels of life.

also , alot of black woman want to act out like white women, watch out for those types , sorry black queen but that white lady , the one that has a popping blog that you keep reading, her life is different to yours, you aint the same, stop it.

Lesfilles

Pro
Daps
You watch too many videos and not enough real life.
Where are you from? What type of neighborhood did you grow up in? Are you American?

I'm from the US. I grew up in the suburbs - pretty upper-class neighborhood. Sheltered but not unaware....

I've been out of the US for a while so I might be heavily influenced by what I see online. I won't discredit that as a factor.

Daps
Reppin
I'm from the US. I grew up in the suburbs - pretty upper-class neighborhood. Sheltered but not unaware....

I've been out of the US for a while so I might be heavily influenced by what I see online. I won't discredit that as a factor.
Thought so.
Thank you.
I've been out of the US for 3 years but I'm quite obviously not from or welcome in your natural habitat, figuratively speaking.