What Does It Mean To “Protect” Women?

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
"there are not enough social repercussions for abuse"
@Black Magisterialness how much info do you have on black ipv, proxy, bi-directional violence?
Do you see any correlation with the higher male/male murder rate compared to whites, latinos, asians higher numbers of vulnerable population (women, children, elderly) abuse and murder?
What are your feelings on black female lesbian abuse rate numbers being similar to straight couples?

AkilinaArina

All Star
Daps
I think the voice of the corniest set of black men (black ppl in general) is given the biggest platform on the internet (because in real life their opinions don't matter) so in a sense on the internet it seems as though there's a gender war happening between black men and women with many of the black male voices being c00ns who would jump on a sledgehammer to avoid speaking up for black women and are oftentimes the strongest opposing voices to bw some even encourage non black ppl to chime in the fukkery (namely tommy sotomayor). This happens on the other side of the coin as well with black female swirlers especially. In real life though any time that I've been in trouble or even regular distress (lost, being annoyed by someone or needing some kind of help) black men especially older black men have came to my aide. Every boyfriend that I ever had just never was a punk or a dummy so feeling protected was always there emotionally, physically and financially.

Daps
I'll protect my mother to the death, and I don't particularly LIKE my momma. She my momma, tho'. She used to put juice in my sippy cup. :to:

That all being said, I will admit that I've heard sooooo many sistas talk about they don't need a man for shyt, etc. etc. that I actually started to see black women as a part of the black community but APART from the black community, as oxymoronic as that may sound. To this day, I still see black women as 'strong and independent'. Whether it's true or not ain't the point. The put up such a good ass fuss about it, I eventually bought it.

I remember around 09 or 10, I was leaving a BP gas station, and these two big, bull wrassling white boys were barking on this sista. Never figured out what for. She swung at one of the dudes, and he pushed her onto the hood of the car. I felt bad for not doing anything about it, but I did stick around to see how it ended.

I guess my point is, for me to put myself in harm's way for a random black woman, I will probably have to be forced into action. Like, my feet will just start moving on their own.

I got dreams to accomplish. Potentially getting my skull cracked by two Brian Urlacher looking ofays is not good for my future. :francis:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
None of that stuff is coddling. If you aren't in a relationship where your woman isn't doing that for you then its a toxic relationship. Besides physical protection...but hell I've seen chicks buss another chicks ass because they know their man isn't going to hit a woman who was out of line.

The fact you think its coddling lets me know you are deficient in at least one of these areas. Not even trying to be funny or fish for daps.
That shyt you kicking sounds like pandering for daps shyt online. Not this post but the other one. Also just because someone doesn't agree with you don't mean they are deficient in an area. Nice way to make yourself seem like you're all knowing when no one is. You don't know that cat just we don't know you. Why can't someone just disagree? Hell I got all them things you listed and think its bullshyt mainly because that stuff is common sense that most people do without thinking. After we get that out the way it gets us back to the point of this protect women shyt is bullshyt said by stupid women and their simps.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
"there are not enough social repercussions for abuse"
@Black Magisterialness how much info do you have on black ipv, proxy, bi-directional violence?
Do you see any correlation with the higher male/male murder rate compared to whites, latinos, asians higher numbers of vulnerable population (women, children, elderly) abuse and murder?
What are your feelings on black female lesbian abuse rate numbers being similar to straight couples?

There aren't enough social repercussions for abuse regardless of race. The fact Briss Brown, Johnny Depp and others can even have careers is crazy to me personally. Its one thing to be a account manager and do the shyt...its another to be in the public eye and do so.

@Black Magisterialness if black women are marrying more inside the race, who are they marrying? Who is ASKING THEM for their hand in marriage?
I'm curious...are those black men?
:jbhmm:

Black men. But Black men also marry OUTSIDE the race more than black women are.
  • 4.6% of married Black American women and 10.8% of married Black American men had a non-Black spouse. 8.5% of married Black men and 3.9% of married Black women had a White spouse. 0.2% of married Black women were married to Asian American men, representing the least prevalent marital combination.

ItzRailT

All Star
Daps
Basically it means protect them from their shytty decisions in men they like and pick, they want a upstanding brother to risk his life defending her from some bum she attracted to.

We don't do no captain save a hoe bullshyt round here captain break a bytch word to 8Ball

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
That shyt you kicking sounds like pandering for daps shyt online. Not this post but the other one. Also just because someone doesn't agree with you don't mean they are deficient in an area. Nice way to make yourself seem like you're all knowing when no one is. You don't know that cat just we don't know you. Why can't someone just disagree? Hell I got all them things you listed and think its bullshyt mainly because that stuff is common sense that most people do without thinking. After we get that out the way it gets us back to the point of this protect women shyt is bullshyt said by stupid women and their simps.

He can disagree without insulting the point. Coddling would be if black women demanded that black men be SOLE providers or DEMAND that they be the SOLE source of security/joy etc. That's not the case...and again, if these are all points that people should be doing regardless then you have issues with the messenger and NOT the message. I'll ask then why do you have issue with the messengers if the message is common sense?

Why do the messengers have to say it if the message is common sense?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
He can disagree without insulting the point. Coddling would be if black women demanded that black men be SOLE providers or DEMAND that they be the SOLE source of security/joy etc. That's not the case...and again, if these are all points that people should be doing regardless then you have issues with the messenger and NOT the message. I'll ask then why do you have issue with the messengers if the message is common sense?

Why do the messengers have to say it if the message is common sense?
Bold is bullshyt because you can find that quite easily if you care to. I don't have a problem with nothing but stupid people trying to pass off basic shyt as deep. I just agree with dude that some folks not all seem to need all this shyt to function and that's little kid shyt to me. I don't need anyone to tell me how to navigate the world or that I look good. Are you kidding me? Stuff like that is dumb stuff I don't agree with. Messengers don't have to say shyt they don't want to but when you're kicking common sense as deep don't be surprised if folks call it out and or say stuff like the person you quoted said.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

nikka you just telling on yourself.

What kind of full grown, mentally mature adult needs any of that bullshyt you listed from a third party? If you cant provide that yourself you got no right call yourself an adult.

Most of our parents teach us self-sufficiency.

Apparently yours taught you to be a codependent man child

:mjlol:

1. Financial support is NOT dependency. Sorry, I refuse to date/marry a woman that can't carry her own weight. If EVERYONE is to be self-sufficient then so should women. why settle for a nice two-bedroom which I can afford by my lonely when the two of us can get a penthouse...that literally makes no sense.

2. Emotional support is NOT dependency. Sure breh, go deal with the death of your parents or the loss of a job or moving to a new city with no emotional support....stop thing emotions = crying. Sometimes you need someone to off-load stress to and if you don't then your ass needs EMOTIONAL SUPPORT.

3. This entire board is dedicated to black folks talking to other black folks about black shyt...if you don't have a spouse out here that can empathize with your plight as a black man then you out here losing.

4. That man standing on his own two, HYON bullshyt is for the birds ain't NO man out here do ANYTHING by himself.

You just told on yourself for not understanding the difference between being a goofball who things they can solve everything internally, and a mature adult that understands ain't shyt in this world you an do alone.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
I'll give an example of when I worked in retail. White woman demanded a discount on a T-shirt. Black Cashier calmy explained that the item was not on sale. Ww proceeds to get loud and eventually cry. Cashier apologizes and tells ww that she can go to customer service and speak to a supervisor. Ww acts hysterical. Everyone is staring. Random white guy walks up to cashier and demands to know what is going on. Cashier tries to explain the situation as supervisor walks up to them. As they are talking, another white guy approaches and although he has no idea what is going on, he acts protective of the ww. She is in the wrong but even though the wm know that she is wrong, they still proceed to comfort her and stare at the cashier as if she has committed a crime.
If the cashier was a black man that's not a bird chested dread head fakkit the p*ssy ass crackers would have never intervened. They only try that shyt on black women. All that protection shyt would have went out the window if the cashier was a nikka that looked like me.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Bold is bullshyt because you can find that quite easily if you care to. I don't have a problem with nothing but stupid people trying to pass off basic shyt as deep. I just agree with dude that some folks not all seem to need all this shyt to function and that's little kid shyt to me. I don't need anyone to tell me how to navigate the world or that I look good. Are you kidding me? Stuff like that is dumb stuff I don't agree with. Messengers don't have to say shyt they don't want to but when you're kicking common sense as deep don't be surprised if folks call it out and or say stuff like the person you quoted said.

Thats YOU...which is anecdotal as fukk. Evidence of young men running around this bytch needing mentors and fathers and families to positively reinforce them is rampant.

I work with the youth breh. You know how many kids walk around this bytch and don't know if their parent's love them or not? Don't know what a positive, healthy relationship looks like?

Just because YOU don't need the help doesn't mean others don't. Perhaps because I would with young black kids I see the damage of what NOT having these things does to young minds....

I don't need these things either...but I can EASILY see when someone does.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Thats YOU...which is anecdotal as fukk. Evidence of young men running around this bytch needing mentors and fathers and families to positively reinforce them is rampant.

I work with the youth breh. You know how many kids walk around this bytch and don't know if their parent's love them or not? Don't know what a positive, healthy relationship looks like?

Just because YOU don't need the help doesn't mean others don't. Perhaps because I would with young black kids I see the damage of what NOT having these things does to young minds....

I don't need these things either...but I can EASILY see when someone does.
Everything we kicking anecdotal so fukks your point? Another coli night working with the youth? This place is a fukking riot didn't know this was the youth helpline messagebaord. Every fukking thread like this a few nikkas work with the youth gtfoh.