What Does It Mean To “Protect” Women?

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
I'll give an example of when I worked in retail. White woman demanded a discount on a T-shirt. Black Cashier calmy explained that the item was not on sale. Ww proceeds to get loud and eventually cry. Cashier apologizes and tells ww that she can go to customer service and speak to a supervisor. Ww acts hysterical. Everyone is staring. Random white guy walks up to cashier and demands to know what is going on. Cashier tries to explain the situation as supervisor walks up to them. As they are talking, another white guy approaches and although he has no idea what is going on, he acts protective of the ww. She is in the wrong but even though the wm know that she is wrong, they still proceed to comfort her and stare at the cashier as if she has committed a crime.
They didn't care about the woman, they cared about an opportunity to fukk with somebody black.
If the cashier was a brolic tatface mophead, there would be nothing but cop calls. Cacs only jump bad
A.when armed
B.at women
C.when guaranteed a win
D.drunk
E.in numbers
Solipsism is an incurable disease.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
I'll give an example of when I worked in retail. White woman demanded a discount on a T-shirt. Black Cashier calmy explained that the item was not on sale. Ww proceeds to get loud and eventually cry. Cashier apologizes and tells ww that she can go to customer service and speak to a supervisor. Ww acts hysterical. Everyone is staring. Random white guy walks up to cashier and demands to know what is going on. Cashier tries to explain the situation as supervisor walks up to them. As they are talking, another white guy approaches and although he has no idea what is going on, he acts protective of the ww. She is in the wrong but even though the wm know that she is wrong, they still proceed to comfort her and stare at the cashier as if she has committed a crime.

:what:

Evil bytch.A grown ass woman crying over clothes and shyt

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Not to let them fend for themselves in the world.

If there's bills that need to be paid, I got that.
If there's tires need to be changed, I got that.
Fights need to be fought, that's me.
Lessons taught, right here.

Basic manhood shyt. You never leave your woman unprotected.

Unless this your family or wife you lost at life for doing any of that shyt

Daps
Reppin
White males are also the statistic leaders in murder, assault, and rape of the vulnerable (women, children, elderly). Percentage wise and per-capita...that means whites would lead if there were more black people than white people.
Meanwhile, a sizable percentage of black men are dead or in prison due to ipv proxy violence, aka a woman telling somebody she was disrespected, hurt, or scared, and :cape:led to a grave or bars.
These stories usually continue with those brothas' lives eternally altered, and hers continuing with impunity.
Stop gassing your daughters, and no...what you have between your legs and inside of y'all head isn't worth me risking my life unless we're related.
It used to be different but hey...so did a wide range of human behaviors.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I have a question for the viewing audience and viewers at home. Does self proclaimed independence supersede patriarchal action? If not, why?
giphy.gif

• Dap
Reactions: UG.

sunny80

All Star
Daps
It amazes me how much credit y'all give white men…

A woman crying (NOT yelling and cussing someone out) in public will generally draw a few men's attention to them, and some degree of comfort and concern.

THis idea of BM just waltzing by crying BW apathetically is BS.

The reality is, is that if random BM ever step in and show concern, the said BW assumes he is just trying to smash.

This is just an example that I've seen in person. Take from that what you will.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
@BaldingSoHard

you the bro so I will ask.you.

Absolutely not. "Independent" women make great allies, but only if they're really about their shyt. If they think having an instagram full of travel photos makes them independent, then hah.

But if they're taking care of themselves, handling their business, and doing it gracefully, then imagine what ya'll can do when you combine forces.

Daps
Reppin
From what I can tell this "protect" talk is simply an angle/framing used in an attempt to add weight/gravity/urgency(regardless of appropriateness) to an argument being made.:yeshrug:
I.E. People say it because it sounds heavier(more damning) than anything else they could think up:francis:

We are in a 400+ year old war.
Everyone...
  • children,
  • adults,
  • elders,
  • ancestors,
  • (wo)men
...is under fire.
I don't care if you have a multi billion dollar army you are going to take hits...
allied-combatants-killed-2.jpg

I don't care if you have a multi million dollar policing apparatus you are going to take hits...
50434C5B-813D-4527-8413-2D23C3AB5218.jpg

If you want to frame it as people not being protected ...well,ok. :yeshrug:
I frame it as we are dealing with the ramifications of the circumstance we've inherited.

• Transatlantic slave trade stopped(done)
  • Chattel Enslavement of Africans stopped(done)
  • Gain the ability to govern&police our own jurisdictions(done)
  • African Governmental Colonization stopped(done)
  • Rebuild economy(in progress)
  • Rebuild educational system(in progress)
  • Rebuild military institutions(in progress)
We have people out here doing the intergenerational rebuilding work. Then we got folks out here B.S.ing :ufdup: If you think your not going to get "touched" in an open war while simultaneously in the middle of a rebuilding effort your delusional :comeon:
Birthing vessels don't know any better, it's pure animal emotion.
"A collective herd member was hurt and the (our) male didn't hear the distress signal. I am personally offended and the primitive part of me feels betrayed. Time for bleating and tears." - birthing vessel

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Unless this your family or wife you lost at life for doing any of that shyt

I saw a chick struggling to handle her phone while balancing her purse at the frozen yogurt spot the other day.
I immediately jumped in and started raising her kids and paying her bills.

:rolleyes:

C'mon nikka what part of "your woman" did you not understand?

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Protect as a breh said has different meanings to some:

Making sure she's on the inside, when walking on the sidewalk.

Holding her hand when we move through crowds.

Complimenting her on her outfit, appearance, advice, cooking, accomplishments. I recall just saying something along the lines on saying "you did a good job replacing the bulbs in both bathrooms and cleaning out the toilet and tubs, it smells good, and dammit, she treated me like a King for the rest of that week :wow:

Ask her if she need any money for lunch or just any little tid-bits that she may need throughout the week.

Ask her to tell me how she feels about work, life, family, etc. giving her that lending ear.

Being firm and direct about decisions/discussions that cause for an authoritative stance.