What do you feel has been missing in gaming?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They've made much worse games than Sekiro, lol. I think you just put it on the lower end scale with a bit of an unfair expectation of them with it, in that it plays like an stealth-action game more than their action-RPG offerings that you favor. I say that cuz I've remember your complaints being about build types and such and it being more "1-dimensional" in comparison to their souls games. But that's cuz it literally is an steatlh-action game and not an RPG, just that their combat mechanics lean into their rpg side. It plays more like an hack n slash action game, with stealth added in rather than action rpg. Being that's surely intentional, I don't see that being a much of a fair comparison to their Souls/borne games.
Well I’m just talking about the “Souls-like” games they’ve made.

Build variety is a huge reason that I like the souls games, I felt both bloodborne and Sekiro lost something in their focus on one build/style of play.

I enjoyed the stealth and grappling hook stuff in sekiro, but ultimately it still played like a Dark souls game, just with less variety in challenge and player options.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Creativity

Open World games are overdone, there's no such thing has open world, the game progression is still linear

Breath of the Wild was the closest to a true open world game and it was bare bones in that regard,

Open world games need to be open world in all aspects not just free roam it's old, Red Dead and GTA all that shyt is garbage

Games need to go back to stages and levels, for one it will maximize the graphics and performance make environments more interactive and detailed, and also tell a more immersive narrative

New genres of games are needed, time to innovate a different style we haven't seen yet

Hybrids of games, Nier did this well going from side scrolling, to top down shooter, etc

But it's game on NES called Flying Warriors, which is still unlike any other game, it was an RPG, side scrolling platform, a fighting game, and a turn based RPG all in one

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Padding in JRPGs. Games don't require NRG hax or endless hours of grinding anymore and I'm glad. If anyone remembers trying to fuse in Persona 3 or Strange Journey to get the correct skills on a demon...

:francis:

Hours could be wasted doing stuff like that.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Pretty much sports games without the dev dedicating everything to fantasy modes.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
More arena brawlers

grBY8G.gif