What do you feel has been missing in gaming?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
High quality AAA arcade games. fukk that GAAS bullshyt.

Where are the Burnouts, the SSXs, Motorstorms????? Wipeouts?? WTF?!

And then.. More games like TLOU 2 that push boundaries and take writing seriously. Where are the games with writing that can make you feel REAL emotion? Where are the Amazing scripts? Why is everything so fukking dude bro?This medium has potential to EASILY be the GOAT but its being massively under utilized.
I feel you, I haven’t played TLOU2 but TLOU literally made me buy a PS4 cause I played enough of it at my cousin’s to get hooked. Tell Tale’s The Walking Dead Season 1 was great too.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
The variety is there if you're really looking and the drops are more frequent than you'd think.

I think the middle tier games are definitely missing . Everything seems to be some AAA blockbuster, some Indy game that is 2D with 3d elements or a shooter. But with development cost rising were probably never getting games like dead to rights, Narc, Naughty bear Or Lolipop chainsaw. Even games like Fight Night and Power Stone have been left out for years.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think the middle tier games are definitely missing . Everything seems to be some AAA blockbuster, some Indy game that is 2D with 3d elements or a shooter. But with development cost rising were probably never getting games like dead to rights, Narc, Naughty bear Or Lolipop chainsaw. Even games like Fight Night and Power Stone have been left out for years.

Indies have filled the space for middle tier games and that's been a thing for like over a decade now. I suppose since they're often not released on major publishers, some gamers aren't aware of them in that capacity and/or don't count them, but that's definitely where they fall into place as. They release mass amounts of stellar games each year as well that definitely are of those sort of B-AA caliber of games and plenty that aren't just 2D styles like you mentioned there. You probably won't see certain IPs released for a while, considering that they're under big publishers that don't see the value of reviving them from a cost to profit standpoint tho.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Gaming overall is better than it has ever been and I'm from the NES era.
I regularly come across people who want to brow beat this gen claiming it lacks this that and the other. SOME critiques might be true to an extent, but I find most times people have just grown out of gaming and will do everything possible to avoid admitting it for whatever reason.

To answer the OP, I'd like to see a higher attention to detail.
(I don't need a game to be 4K 120fps. 4K 60fps should be standard and I don't care about ray-tracing.)
That being said, within 4K 60fps minimum parameters, I'd love more than anything to see more destructive environments. Every bullet should leave a hole, dent, etc on every object.
Every wall should be destructible. We should see shell casing on the ground. Cars should show various degrees of damage. I basically want the games we have right now, but with that type of detail. I want devs to stop chasing ray tracing and arbitrary fps numbers and focus on details.
Where are the games today doing details like this:

This is the type of stuff I want to be standard in every game.
I would think at least Sony with their SSD that was praised for it's potential to pull data a lightening speed to give us the ability to see and here [a million] pebbles would be able to handle the type of things I'm mentioning so I'm not looking for anything necessarily from the technology side; moreso from the dev side taking the time to implement this.

I agree, hands down and I'm from the NES era as well.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
And as far as modern world rpg's, I mean games that don't take place in medieval times. Everyone's excited for Elden Rings, Witcher 4, or Elder Scrolls, but I just can't vibe with those games at all. I need something set in a much more modern time. That new Harry Potter game that's going to take place in the late 1800s is really as far back as I'm willing to go.
Agree with this. Part of why Ioved Persona 5 so much
idk if I ever played an rpg that wasn’t [final] fantasy and fighting medieval creatures and shyt. Never played persona game.

What makes an rpg good to you two?

IslandG

All Star
Daps
- An excellent cricket game.
- A hand drawn 2D Mario game that’s a sequel to Super Mario World
- A remake of the three NES Ninja Gaiden games.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gaming overall is better than it has ever been and I'm from the NES era.
I regularly come across people who want to brow beat this gen claiming it lacks this that and the other. SOME critiques might be true to an extent, but I find most times people have just grown out of gaming and will do everything possible to avoid admitting it for whatever reason.

To answer the OP, I'd like to see a higher attention to detail.
(I don't need a game to be 4K 120fps. 4K 60fps should be standard and I don't care about ray-tracing.)
That being said, within 4K 60fps minimum parameters, I'd love more than anything to see more destructive environments. Every bullet should leave a hole, dent, etc on every object.
Every wall should be destructible. We should see shell casing on the ground. Cars should show various degrees of damage. I basically want the games we have right now, but with that type of detail. I want devs to stop chasing ray tracing and arbitrary fps numbers and focus on details.
Where are the games today doing details like this:

This is the type of stuff I want to be standard in every game.
I would think at least Sony with their SSD that was praised for it's potential to pull data at lightening speed to give us the ability to see and hear [a million] pebbles would be able to handle the type of things I'm mentioning so I'm not looking for anything necessarily from the technology side; moreso from the dev side taking the time to implement this.

i just realized they stop making Splinter Cell to focus on Assassins Creed.. They should release a Splinter Cell once every 5 years.