What did your father do for a living

Second question: do you think you achieved more than he has professionally?

• Yes :myman:

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Not yet....:ld:

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Man, i'm still a dependant on his tax return :heh:

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Nah....and i wont :wow:

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Its not possible, I am a trust fund kid; hate me now :umad:

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I never really knew my pops

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • shyt...i'm alive so that alone gives me the W :yeshrug:

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • osu sucks

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
He worked for the George Forestry Commision back in the seventies, now he works for my city's local water authority. He's getting eating. Nothing to brag about though

BrehMan

Old Avi from :hamster:
Daps
Reppin
See the Avi
He's currently a Operating Manager for a packaging material company. He's been working there since his early 20s when came up from the South; he's in his early 60s now and due to retire shortly. Started as an assembly worker and worked his way up. I'm close to what he makes and I'm sure I'll pass him in another 5 years.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Started out as a HS teacher/counselor and basketball coach. Then became a counselor and basketball coach at a JC. Ended as the head of counseling at another JC. He's retired now.

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
city planner, been working for housing & community development here most of my life. he's racked up 30+ years experience in the field (which typically requires a master's degree to enter, he was a few hours shy of getting his bachelor's), i think he's retiring this year once he hits 65. hope to see his salary in the next couple of years, i know he was doing much better at my age than than i'm doing now (and i have a degree, fml)

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
My step pop was an electrician and owned his own construction company.

My real pop was a writer, teacher, musician.

Ive got a little ways to go...but i have the foundation.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He's a Bishop of a church as has been in ministry for about 20 yrs.

Have I accomplished more thus far- no. Will I in a few years- yes.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The guy who pregnanted my birth mom? :pacspit: never met that bytch mafukka

My dad who adopted me who I think is the best man in the world just retired from UPS :salute:

Money wise? Working at AT&T, Chase and Verizon in those years yeah ive mad more money than them combined (they didnt make much.. UPS and moms was a secretary, but always made sure food was on the table and clothes on me m n my brother back and the bills was never late :salute: )

Success wise? They have everything to show for the money they made, cars were paid off but they recently just got a new car, house paid, fixed the house up over the years.. While ive made more money (on a year to year comparison), I dont have shyt to show for it, except I own a car and still owe on it..

im tryna convince my baby mama to name our kid after my dad shes just tryna say the middle name... I hate this bytch :to: cant believe im havin a kid with her :to: always thought id be able to name my son (if she ends up giving me a boy) after my dad

Daps
Reppin
London
Was a business man until we emigrated. Now he does something or the other. Have I surpassed him? No - he had his own business and was married with children at my age. I have surpassed him education-wise and in some achievements, and I hope I eventually surpass him materially. That, though, may be hard to do in this tax greedy country with no oil.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low key funny thread. On a serious note pops been a livery taxi driver in NYC for 30+ yrs. has a couple houses and cars in DR.

Plans are to have that in my 30's so will probably pass him then.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My dad was a longshoreman. I'm not sure how much he made though.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My pops ran the streets, and still worked at a reputable company, but I won't go into details :ehh: