What did your father do for a living

Second question: do you think you achieved more than he has professionally?

• Yes :myman:

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Not yet....:ld:

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Man, i'm still a dependant on his tax return :heh:

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Nah....and i wont :wow:

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Its not possible, I am a trust fund kid; hate me now :umad:

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I never really knew my pops

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • shyt...i'm alive so that alone gives me the W :yeshrug:

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • osu sucks

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Surgeon. Owns his own private practice. Was making half-mills a year in early 90's dollars. I ain't seein' that nikka :wow:.

Mom makes more than dad tho. :hemad:

rich b*stard:dwillhuh:

my father works for Weyerhauser Lumber as a crane operator

:to: hardworking ass nikka

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Both parents are in the healthcare field.

Dad(internal medicine) has a very successful private practice in the Bronx and makes almost 500k a year while managing other doctors that pay him rent in his place.

Mom recently became a boarded Nurse Practitioner(highest position of Nurse) and just made nearly 120k last year. She works in a different hospital tho.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what profession is your mom in?

Also a surgeon. Works for Cigna. My dad made more money for the first ~20 years, but being an arrogant a$$hole has taken it's toll on his business so he's not clearing nearly as much as he used to while her career has gone nuts at Cigna.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My dad was a firefighter and he retired after about 30 years. He loved his job, even though it could get pretty rough.

I just quit my first real job so I would say no to the second question.

definition

im not a cool guy anymore
Daps
My dad has bounced from job to job for his whole life. Broke forever.

Step-dad (been around for 30 years) was a physicist that got an MBA and switched to IT with the same company. Just retired.

I will not be seeing him income-wise ... but, I learned it was easier to marry a woman with goals and come up together. She makes the same as me.

So I'm comparable to my parents, if not a bit ahead ... but got there much faster. Ceiling may be lower, though. No regrets.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
My pawpaw worked for the VA after retiring from the army (vietnam war vet) he worked at the va for about 40ish years before he was forced into retirement due to prostate cancer treatment about 5yrs ago. After receiving vet benefits, ssi, and disability he's still able to live comfortably with my granny.

My mom is a bus driver and even tho she's reached her pay cap I still make more than her but I'm sure she has a nice chunk in her 401k so when she reaches retirement age she should be good.

I'm past my mother (and still have room to grow) and I'll be even better if I continue to invest in my retirement plan and the kids college. If everything goes right I can retire in my mid 40's send the kids to college with no loans and still have the option to open a small business/work part time/travel.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
He worked those construction machines and painted on the side. Got disabled and went broke and used 2 borrow money. RIP to him though :(

Im more educated but he made more money in his 20s. ... I will probably have more long term success

Moms worked at a bank and raised us by herself until she passed when I was in 8th grade

chest getting heavy as I type this shyt :wow:

#strugglelife