What did your father do for a living

Second question: do you think you achieved more than he has professionally?

• Yes :myman:

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Not yet....:ld:

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Man, i'm still a dependant on his tax return :heh:

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Nah....and i wont :wow:

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Its not possible, I am a trust fund kid; hate me now :umad:

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I never really knew my pops

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • shyt...i'm alive so that alone gives me the W :yeshrug:

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • osu sucks

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
The guy who pregnanted my birth mom? :pacspit: never met that bytch mafukka

My dad who adopted me who I think is the best man in the world just retired from UPS :salute:

Money wise? Working at AT&T, Chase and Verizon in those years yeah ive mad more money than them combined (they didnt make much.. UPS and moms was a secretary, but always made sure food was on the table and clothes on me m n my brother back and the bills was never late :salute: )

Success wise? They have everything to show for the money they made, cars were paid off but they recently just got a new car, house paid, fixed the house up over the years.. While ive made more money (on a year to year comparison), I dont have shyt to show for it, except I own a car and still owe on it..

im tryna convince my baby mama to name our kid after my dad shes just tryna say the middle name... I hate this bytch :to: cant believe im havin a kid with her :to: always thought id be able to name my son (if she ends up giving me a boy) after my dad
One could call son by the middle name

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
He worked those construction machines and painted on the side. Got disabled and went broke and used 2 borrow money. RIP to him though :(

Im more educated but he made more money in his 20s. ... I will probably have more long term success

Moms worked wt a bank and raised us by herself until she passed when I was in 8th grade

chest getting heavy as I type this shyt :wow:

#strugglelife
When did your pops pass? What happened? Who raised you? family?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Pops was in nursing for most of my life then went and got his Masters and got into psychiatrics. Became the head of a program called Detroit Central City that focuses on the homeless and recently released from prison and tries to keep them off drugs and out of jail. It's funny as fukk going downtown to meet him for lunch or coffee and all the bums are calling my dad by name :russ:

He did really well, but most of it came after he and my mom divorced so i really didn't get raised by that guy. I was raised by the irregular shift, scrubs all over the house, A&D ointment smelling dad. My half brother and sister may have gotten the material benefits. But i was the only one that got that "Dad and Me" time, cuz he worked nights. So Saturdays consisted of breakfast, Spiderman/X-Men cartoons, Football and Streets of Rage 2.

My pops ain't perfect but i'm proud of him and i want to make him proud of me.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
dad was military, eventually worked his way up through chrysler and is a supervisor rents out houses on the side.

not ahead of him $ wise but ahead of where he was at my age.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh: What did he do. Anyways my pops is a Chief MSGT USAF so he's making bank especially whenever he decides to retire and gets retirement + a civilian job. I'm still a dependent for another year though :win:

He was a diplomat for the U.N

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Also a surgeon. Works for Cigna. My dad made more money for the first ~20 years, but being an arrogant a$$hole has taken it's toll on his business so he's not clearing nearly as much as he used to while her career has gone nuts at Cigna.

:wow:

I got a homie that he an his wife are surgeons man their kids are gonna be set for life :whoo:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He worked for himself as a welder, then he worked secret service for the President of Haiti. Now he drives a school bus and is counting down to retirement.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
When did your pops pass? What happened? Who raised you? family?

Dad died March 2013 (i am 25 years old)

mom died February 2003 ( i was in 8th grade)

after mom died, live with my gmom in inner city philly

she was so old so me and my brother and two little cousins survived on our own :manny:

we got social security checks from my moms, and my little cousins got the same because their mom passed, dad is a deadbeat. my dad never could care for us. he didnt have his own place.:wow2:

i started to bond with my pops again when i got to college:ohlawd: ...... we never lived with our pops :to:

so yeah....now you can see where a portion of my depression stems from lol

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Dad died March 2013 (i am 25 years old)

mom died February 2003 ( i was in 8th grade)

after mom died, live with my gmom in inner city philly

she was so old so me and my brother and two little cousins survived on our own :manny:

we got social security checks from my moms, and my little cousins got the same because their mom passed, dad is a deadbeat. my dad never could care for us. he didnt have his own place.:wow2:

i started to bond with my pops again when i got to college:ohlawd: ...... we never lived with our pops :to:

so yeah....now you can see where a portion of my depression stems from lol

:sadcam::sadbron: i'll never say anything negative about u again brah

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
:sadcam::sadbron: i'll never say anything negative about u again brah

dont let my shytty upbringing stop you from cracking jokes breh :ufdup:

i got thick ass skin...literally :takedat:and figuratively speaking :manny:

I been too thru much 2 care about petty shyt so its all good and fun :blessed:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Me and all my family were born and raised in Philly, I moved out years ago though.

My dad and mom met in HS, both originally from north Philly...they been married since the late 60s

He had a few jobs...

Worked in a toy store stacking boxes, expediting etc in the 60s...

Vietnam vet--marines

Drove a trolley in the 70s for Septa in Philly...and eventually a bus

Then became a supervisor for Septa...then retired from there in the mid 90s...

Now in his mid 60s and is a supervisor for transportation at a hospital...he could retire for good at anytime now