What did your father do for a living

Second question: do you think you achieved more than he has professionally?

• Yes :myman:

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Not yet....:ld:

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Man, i'm still a dependant on his tax return :heh:

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Nah....and i wont :wow:

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Its not possible, I am a trust fund kid; hate me now :umad:

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I never really knew my pops

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • shyt...i'm alive so that alone gives me the W :yeshrug:

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • osu sucks

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My Family, Was Broke, All Their Lives, And Ain't Done Shyt With Mentioning except Raise Me. I Hardly Ever Saw My Dad ... And My Mom, Taught Me The Value Of Being Broke

So Fukk That ... And Fuk Most Of Yall

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
My mother was a tailor. She sewed my new bluejeans...

My father was a gamblin' man.... down in New Orleans.:wow:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dad started out as a youngin in the Dallas water department. Worked his way up to mid-level management. I have a lot more education, but he was there for years and had amassed a lot of benefits and raises. They even fired him, and he sued and successfully won back his pension and even disability after doctor determined his job had injured his back. So while I have more education, and I'm much further at the same age, will probably take another couple of years to surpass his retirement level. My other sisters and brothers already have, but I stayed in school longer than them all.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Pops was a funeral director/mortician for almost 40 years. Held a general manager position at one of the largest funeral homes in the DC Metro area and was the highest paid funeral director in the area as well.

Never had his own business and I'm well on my way to having my own agency, but he would want me to go out and make a name for myself.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My father joined the Air Force in his early 20's, worked at the Post Office for a number of years, then worked as a CO till I was about 9-10, then he and and my mother started a daycare center they ran for about 9 years. After moving to Atlanta he worked security for one the fancy hotels in downtown Peachtree before retiring....

As far as having accomplished more than him, I ain't there yet. I'm still trying to figure out EXACTLY what moves I wanna make after I get out the Army in a couple months

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
Bank robber,Hustler,murderer,Jail Head :to:
Moms tried her best to give me the illusion of being sheltered which kinda backfired because for some reason i had bulletproof street cred...then as i grew into pre-teen and early teen years i erroneously put myself directly in line to follow his footsteps ie hustling gangbanging stick up kid...but my moms taught me to be smart...and was also pro black and brown pride...so at that point i was a revolutionary gangmember attempting to bring morals to my gang by doing things in the community to build it up and help each other out like the black panthers however...the homies wasnt really smelling me on that tip....by this time im about 19 20 and gangbanging had become much more dangerous unloyal and just seemingly a waste of time...alot of my friends died or got locked....and i knew i had wasted alot of potential and felt bad that i let my moms down so i joined the army...where i continue to be a self educated conscious warrior and father...
:manny: