What did Jesus mean by this brehs?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
that wasn't the question I asked.

I dont get involved in hypothetical nonsense. I get involved with reality. Reality is God is not involved in sacrafice, i have no desire to killl anyone, therefore i will not kill my child. Just stop, you lost and God won.

:lupe:

But he always wins, friend. :sitdown:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Santa Claus tells us to "be good for goodness sake", is he advocating the idea that making morally upright choices take precedent over logical yet immoral ones? Is he saying that the end doesn't justify the means? If we're to be good, not for any reward or goals, but simply for the intangible quality of "goodness", how can we accomplish it, brehs? :lupe:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
principle above erythang! and if believing in God/following Jesus is your principle, then i respect it.

If you don't believe, cool. but why care so much what other people believe?

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
principle above erythang! and if believing in God/following Jesus is your principle, then i respect it.

If you don't believe, cool. but why care so much what other people believe?

Religion is divisive. It hinders a universal consensus on why things are the way they are.

When people blame Satan, Shiva, or tree elves for the problems we face, it distracts people from "What are the problems humanity needs to solve?" and "How do we solve them?"

One group of people is saying "Believe on The Lord Jesus", another is saying "Submit to Allah" and a lot of people aren't getting shyt done.

If less people subscribed to the idea that God is in control, those who actually care about the well-being of themselves and others would fight harder against injustice, ignorance, and hatred because they are the only ones who can.

I can't fathom a benevolent god that would promote hatred on the basis of religion (which oftentimes is based on where you were born) or would torture people for billions of years because they made the wrong choices over the span of less than 100.

True, many great minds have been inspired or motivated by religious teachings, but it's 2013. It's time for people to be motivated by what is real and not rely on fiction as a coping mechanism.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yea and because i put God before my son, my son is safe. :ahh:

You just dont understand this God thing do you.

Judging By The Responses Nobody Does.

I Just Call A Spade A Spade.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Judging By The Responses Nobody Does.

I Just Call A Spade A Spade.

Do what you gotta do but puttin God first makes everyone safe. At that point the only thing stopping you, is the world instead of you standing in your own way, which puts people you care about at risk.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Religion is divisive. It hinders a universal consensus on why things are the way they are.

When people blame Satan, Shiva, or tree elves for the problems we face, it distracts people from "What are the problems humanity needs to solve?" and "How do we solve them?"

One group of people is saying "Believe on The Lord Jesus", another is saying "Submit to Allah" and a lot of people aren't getting shyt done.

If less people subscribed to the idea that God is in control, those who actually care about the well-being of themselves and others would fight harder against injustice, ignorance, and hatred because they are the only ones who can.

I can't fathom a benevolent god that would promote hatred on the basis of religion (which oftentimes is based on where you were born) or would torture people for billions of years because they made the wrong choices over the span of less than 100.

True, many great minds have been inspired or motivated by religious teachings, but it's 2013. It's time for people to be motivated by what is real and not rely on fiction as a coping mechanism.
i didn't really speak on religion though. you're talking about people saying "you should submit to Jesus or Allah" yet that's not what i was talking about at all.

also, if someone believes God is in control, i don't necessarily believe that it means nothing will get solved or that they won't try to solve things. If they believe God work is done through people and through them, if they believe that God can inspire them to do great things, etc, then things still get solved. The people who don't solve their shyt and use the "God will take care of everything while i chill" excuse, religion or not, faith or not, they still wouldn't do shyt.
nothing is real. it's all fiction.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i didn't really speak on religion though. you're talking about people saying "you should submit to Jesus or Allah" yet that's not what i was talking about at all.

also, if someone believes God is in control, i don't necessarily believe that it means nothing will get solved or that they won't try to solve things. If they believe God work is done through people and through them, if they believe that God can inspire them to do great things, etc, then things still get solved. The people who don't solve their shyt and use the "God will take care of everything while i chill" excuse, religion or not, faith or not, they still wouldn't do shyt.
nothing is real. it's all fiction.

This ain't the Matrix, breh.

If God "works through people", he works through people of all different religions. If we're to construe humanitarian efforts as God working through people, he even works through atheists.

In that case, what's the point of God then? Can we just acknowledge human effort on its own?