What did Jesus mean by this brehs?

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This ain't the Matrix, breh.

If God "works through people", he works through people of all different religions. If we're to construe humanitarian efforts as God working through people, he even works through atheists.

In that case, what's the point of God then? Can we just acknowledge human effort on its own?
Maybe they do believe that God works through people of different faiths and atheists.

you can acknowledge human effort on it's own if you want to. Who's stopping you of doing that? but how about letting other people choose their own source of motivation and ways of conceptualizations of it all? Maybe the "point" of God is to acknowledge the existence of an absolute truth of what is. something that no one can truly grasp or see since we can only see things from our respective points of view and we all have limited knowledge. Kinda like the sum of all science, workings of the universe, knowledge and point of view of view everything that has ever existed (which would explain why it will always be a mystery...)

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe they do believe that God works through people of different faiths and atheists.

you can acknowledge human effort on it's own if you want to. Who's stopping you of doing that? but how about letting other people choose their own source of motivation and ways of conceptualizations of it all? Maybe the "point" of God is to acknowledge the existence of an absolute truth of what is. something that no one can truly grasp or see since we can only see things from our respective points of view and we all have limited knowledge. Kinda like the sum of all science, workings of the universe, knowledge and point of view of view everything that has ever existed (which would explain why it will always be a mystery...)

We're not talking about God as absolute truth though.

We're talking about God as personified by Jesus, Allah, Vishnu etc. We can acknowledge absolute truth without throwing God into it.

Those personifications of God, as well as the doctrines that go along with it, are an obstruction to truth. If you ask me, the personification of God spawns a bigger mystery. Which of the million belief systems has got him right, if any? Why doesn't God make himself evident to people? Who created God?

Personifying God is presumptuous, dishonest, and narrow-minded. It stifles unity, knowledge, and freedom.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're not talking about God as absolute truth though.

We're talking about God as personified by Jesus, Allah, Vishnu etc. We can acknowledge absolute truth without throwing God into it.

Those personifications of God, as well as the doctrines that go along with it, are an obstruction to truth. If you ask me, the personification of God spawns a bigger mystery. Which of the million belief systems has got him right, if any? Why doesn't God make himself evident to people? Who created God?

Personifying God is presumptuous, dishonest, and narrow-minded. It stifles unity, knowledge, and freedom.
but that's what i'm saying. the personification of God is a conceptualization of it. or a way to make it make sense in our mind/imagination. everyone has their own way (including atheists). what i'm saying is, you're free to have your way, how about letting people who need a different way have their own way? you're even free to think your way is better/smarter/more sophisticated if it makes you feel better.

the major religions mostly say that God always was, is eternal, etc. so according to them, no one created Him, He just is. So no one created it. God does make himself evident to the people who seek Him. Just like the truth makes itself evident to those who seek it and remains hidden to those who don't search for it in good faith.

I think that forcing your beliefs on other people is what stifles freedom whether it's done by religious people or atheists. There is knowledge, wisdom as well as evil/dishonesty in most religions IMO. I don't think anyone has it or Him "right" (including atheists).