What are your top 3 Final Fantasy games?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
6 - still has the best story, characters and villain IMO
7 - this was just epic and revolutionary when it dropped, iconic moments and art
12 - the combat system was a great mix of the old style and the action format, it's a bit easy but I love it
6 is dope, it might be tied with 9 for me, im not really sure how to choose between them
6 is arguably the only one that can be considered unequivocally better than 7 and only marred by its time of release/technology more than anything.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Except that it does both of those things resoundingly better than either of those games did.

For the Nth time, linearity does not equal bad. And 15's combat was actually pretty good, just that 7RE's was even better. Moderately influenced by it, but executed much cleaner and better.
Linearity doesn't make a game bad, but 7 remake and 13 weren't good examples of Linear games. Hallways leading to the next cut scene with garbage filler content to pad the game. The combat being better that 15 isn't saying much, the combat in 15 was basically holding a button and watching shyt happen on screen, 7RE makes you tap the button instead.

Take away the fact that FF7 was an iconic game, everything about the remake is mediocre.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Linearity doesn't make a game bad, but 7 remake and 13 weren't good examples of Linear games. Hallways leading to the next cut scene with garbage filler content to pad the game. The combat being better that 15 isn't saying much, the combat in 15 was basically holding a button and watching shyt happen on screen, 7RE makes you tap the button instead.

Take away the fact that FF7 was an iconic game, everything about the remake is mediocre.

I kind of agree :francis:

Also, pretty much everything “extra” they added or deviated away from only threw the tone or pacing off from the original. Really disappointed that it feels like we still didn’t get much better of an understanding of Midgar through the remake despite that section being 4x’s as long

They also ruined some key moments for me, like the iconic sephiroth jenova blood trail scene, one of the many example of the tone from the original being off.

I’m still excited for Rebirth just because i expect it to be more open, the combat to be more refined, and it encompassing a much larger part of the story, especially parts i like way more than midgar. I know everyone loves the dark-cyberpunk midgar section of ff7 but its honestly my least favorite part, and the remake did very little to give it new life. The actual cyberpunk-ness of it was actually very understated if non-existent

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I kind of agree :francis:

Also, pretty much everything “extra” they added or deviated away from only threw the tone or pacing off from the original. Really disappointed that it feels like we still didn’t get much better of an understanding of Midgar through the remake despite that section being 4x’s as long

They also ruined some key moments for me, like the iconic sephiroth jenova blood trail scene, one of the many example of the tone from the original being off.
Keep in mind that before release they were talking about how Midgard would be fully explorable, as long as a full blown FF game. What we got was like 3 relatively small hub areas connected by hallways in a game that would be like 10 hours long without the bullshyt extra content.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Keep in mind that before release they were talking about how Midgard would be fully explorable, as long as a full blown FF game. What we got was like 3 relatively small hub areas connected by hallways in a game that would be like 10 hours long without the bullshyt extra content.

Yeah, we barely got to explore the upper plates at all, aside from that little mission of going to jessie’s house. I thought we would really have like an open hub type city area similar to when you first break out of mako reactor to explore.

I guess the silver lining is that we eventually go back later in the game, maybe they’ll do something with it more then. :francis:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
FFIV/II in NA and Secret of Mana are my favorite games of all-time.
FFVI
FFVII/Remake

In that order.
XI and XIV are up there as well, but I still think outside of the top 3.

Last edited:

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Haven’t played the first 6, but from 7-now I’d rank them

1. FF9
2. FF7
3. FF10
4. FF8
5. FF7R
6. FF13
7. FF12
8. FF15

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
9, 10, and 6.
It had the most potential (of fukking course it didn't reach it), paid homage in a wealth of ways to many others in the series and had the strongest ending (of the ones I've beaten anyways).
If we're talking endings I'd go 9, 10, and 15. Also the camera footage ending to 8 belongs up there too. When I say 10 I'm ignoring 10-2's existence.

Lastly 13-2 has the best troll ending in gaming. The protagonists lost unilaterally on every point.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
9, 10, and 6.

If we're talking endings I'd go 9, 10, and 15. Also the camera footage ending to 8 belongs up there too. When I say 10 I'm ignoring 10-2's existence.

Lastly 13-2 has the best troll ending in gaming. The protagonists lost unilaterally on every point.
I didn't beat or play most of those games. X is an overrated piece of shyt tho, so fukk its ending.