What are your top 3 Final Fantasy games?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah I think it was actually originally supposed to be the concept for FF7 which is why Cloud says it in the game. It was deemed too dark for an FF game.

Thats news to me, I’ve always heard it was CT and it had most of the CT staff involved.

Edit—

It does say it was “pitched” as a ff7 game but development was mostly worked on as CT sequel.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Thats news to me, I’ve always heard it was CT and it had most of the CT staff involved.

It does say it was “pitched” as a ff7 but development was mostly worked on as CT sequel.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
7Re when you set aside the nostalgia for the original, is just a mix of two of the worst FF games. It mixes the linearity of 13 with the half ass action game combat from 15.
Except that it does both of those things resoundingly better than either of those games did.

For the Nth time, linearity does not equal bad. And 15's combat was actually pretty good, just that 7RE's was even better. Moderately influenced by it, but executed much cleaner and better.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Except that it does both of those things resoundingly better than either of those games did.

For the Nth time, linearity does not equal bad. And 15's combat was actually pretty good, just that 7RE's was even better. Moderately influenced by it, but executed much cleaner and better.
Linearity is bad in a RPG.

7R combat is better than 15, but not better than the OG imo :manny:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
6 - still has the best story, characters and villain IMO
7 - this was just epic and revolutionary when it dropped, iconic moments and art
12 - the combat system was a great mix of the old style and the action format, it's a bit easy but I love it

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
6 - still has the best story, characters and villain IMO
7 - this was just epic and revolutionary when it dropped, iconic moments and art
12 - the combat system was a great mix of the old style and the action format, it's a bit easy but I love it

6 is dope, it might be tied with 9 for me, im not really sure how to choose between them