Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
how do you figure? Thought it was just Spike going back to face his past after spending so long running away from it

The ending message "you're gonna carry that weight" means you can't run away from what defines you as a person - what we've done in the past shapes all of us as human beings. Every single one of the Bebop cast had to face that, and his was so dark that he ultimately lost his life over it. One of the GOAT endings imo.

I'm gonna accept that episodic anime isn't for everybody and Bebop's purpose can get lost on some though. Not everyone likes it like not everyone likes Ghost in the Shell and Legend of Galactic Heroes - absolute classics
But he may not be dead. :mjpls:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
:whew:

Time for me to do God's work and eviscerate this!

Average Bebop isn't a GOAT show.. Matter fact It barely even deserves the right to stand shoulder to shoulder with other "really good" animes.

The only things cool about it and memorable are its name and that is had a cool "jazz" thing going for it:manny:

It's main character was sub average

It's side character were wack and forgettable (you could line them up with some other characters now and I couldn't name yet alone pick them out)

The villain or antagonist was nonexistent.

The plot was trash

The dialogue was plain

The action was mediocre

In terms of some of the "buzzwords" peeps love to throw around to define something the like it wasn't;

Dark,
It wasn't funny,
It had no real fukkery,
It had no heart.

I watched it like 2 times (my 1st was years ago when it used to come on late nights on CN..... Took me years to get through it.... A chore. The second time in the last 2 years or so) and it still didn't resignate with me.

I think the most memorable ep was the one they all got food poisoning or something from eating that jelly alien.

To much of that show felt wasted doing nothing on that ship but complaining about how hungry and broke they were. They had too many moments where it felt like you wasn't looking at a wall watching paint dry.

This show ain't that poo poo, but doesn't deserve the high acclaim or hype some give it. Especially when it's brother show in SChamploo is far superior (and even it has some suspect things that can hurt it)

didntread.gif

yjmonn

Time
Daps
They getting ready to kill my boy ace :mjcry:

I hate the fukk out of blackbeard dawg. Please one of yall let me know if he gets killed or what. He's the fukkin worst

Kd35brah

All Star
Daps
Started watching HunterxHunter2011 :wow:

Now that Bleach and Naruto are done i need to read/watch all of One Piece and HunterxHunter, it's going to be one of hell of a ride.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
how do you figure? Thought it was just Spike going back to face his past after spending so long running away from it

The ending message "you're gonna carry that weight" means you can't run away from what defines you as a person - what we've done in the past shapes all of us as human beings. Every single one of the Bebop cast had to face that, and his was so dark that he ultimately lost his life over it. One of the GOAT endings imo.

I'm gonna accept that episodic anime isn't for everybody and Bebop's purpose can get lost on some though. Not everyone likes it like not everyone likes Ghost in the Shell and Legend of Galactic Heroes - absolute classics
Again I think the beauty of the show is that you can look at it from many different POV, for me I thought with all the convos he had with Faye how he basically told her to move forward and look into the future it was kinda hypocritical that at the end he just couldnt let go of his past. The relationships have been built throughout the show as if he and Jet had kinda surrounded themselves with a new family, and for him to end just not be able to let go was hypocritical for me

I'm very Pro Happy realistic endings tho

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Started Slam Dunk. First sports show I've seen where the MC gives zero fukks about the game itself. He just wants to impress this girl that likes basketball :mjlol:

In episode 2 he travels 20 feet and hits his head on the backboard :mjlol:

but I know he's going to develop into some GOAT so I'm interested in seeing how his skills improve. Or if he's just gonna dunk every possession and never learn a basic jumpshot or how to dribble. Want to watch Kuroko after to see how it compares

They getting ready to kill my boy ace :mjcry:

I hate the fukk out of blackbeard dawg. Please one of yall let me know if he gets killed or what. He's the fukkin worst

Nope. Teach is gonna be the end boss

Again I think the beauty of the show is that you can look at it from many different POV, for me I thought with all the convos he had with Faye how he basically told her to move forward and look into the future it was kinda hypocritical that at the end he just couldnt let go of his past. The relationships have been built throughout the show as if he and Jet had kinda surrounded themselves with a new family, and for him to end just not be able to let go was hypocritical for me

I'm very Pro Happy realistic endings tho

His past just caught up to him. Jet would say the same thing, but when the ship landed in his ex's district he couldn't help himself to pay a visit and get caught up in her affairs

Spike was trying to reject his past....until the Syndicate put a hit out on him and Julia. It was Faye that told Spike to meet Julia at the cemetery, and at that point he couldn't stop himself from protecting the only person who made him feel alive. Then she dies and the only thing on his mind is revenge knowing that his death is inevitable.

Family was already broken up after ed & ein left really

Jet & Spike stuff those eggs down because they try to forget, but it's not working. Next day they go to a bar all depressed and that's the beginning of the end

but yeah if you don't like sad endings then this isn't gonna sit well at all

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
watching re:zero. Suburu can't buy a W, and if he did it's actually morph into a L and then he'd die and start his life of L's all over again.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, Arlsan is done, soma is gonna finish in 3 weeks, what else are you guys watching?

Last edited:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Can any of you brehs bless me with information that this blond haired blue eyed bytch nina in berserk DiES. This selfish bytch has been alive for way too long and I cant wait for her to get killed of in some brutal way.

3D or not Im not having any problems anymore watching berserk the first 2 episodes were rough but now :yeshrug:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Started Slam Dunk. First sports show I've seen where the MC gives zero fukks about the game itself. He just wants to impress this girl that likes basketball :mjlol:

In episode 2 he travels 20 feet and hits his head on the backboard :mjlol:

but I know he's going to develop into some GOAT so I'm interested in seeing how his skills improve. Or if he's just gonna dunk every possession and never learn a basic jumpshot or how to dribble. Want to watch Kuroko after to see how it compares
:russ::pachaha::laff: