Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I watched Bebop like last month and I had the same thoughts ( this shyt is overrated af) but once I finished it and thought of all the details I actually came to appreciate it a lot. It's weird I cant explain why it's good but it is. My only grip is wish they focused more on the actual plot than the episodic stuff

Saying that it's good, but is nowhere near my "GOAT"

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I watched Bebop like last month and I had the same thoughts ( this shyt is overrated af) but once I finished it and thought of all the details I actually came to appreciate it a lot. It's weird I cant explain why it's good but it is. My only grip is wish they focused more on the actual plot than the episodic stuff

Saying that it's good, but is nowhere near my "GOAT"

Nah, the actual "story" elements work because it feels they truly exist in a massive universe and not everything is about just them, so when their past happens to catch up with them it has a far greater impact. That excitement you feel whenever you realize some shyt about themselves is coming to light is truly special IMO.

But as good as the show is (great even), it's not entirely consistent. There's a couple of duds in the show but the highlights (like Pierrot Le Fou, Toys In The Attic and Cowboy Funk) are fukking incredible.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:whew:

Time for me to do God's work and eviscerate this!

Average Bebop isn't a GOAT show.. Matter fact It barely even deserves the right to stand shoulder to shoulder with other "really good" animes.

The only things cool about it and memorable are its name and that is had a cool "jazz" thing going for it:manny:

It's main character was sub average

It's side character were wack and forgettable (you could line them up with some other characters now and I couldn't name yet alone pick them out)

The villain or antagonist was nonexistent.

The plot was trash

The dialogue was plain

The action was mediocre

In terms of some of the "buzzwords" peeps love to throw around to define something the like it wasn't;

Dark,
It wasn't funny,
It had no real fukkery,
It had no heart.

I watched it like 2 times (my 1st was years ago when it used to come on late nights on CN..... Took me years to get through it.... A chore. The second time in the last 2 years or so) and it still didn't resignate with me.

I think the most memorable ep was the one they all got food poisoning or something from eating that jelly alien.

To much of that show felt wasted doing nothing on that ship but complaining about how hungry and broke they were. They had too many moments where it felt like you wasn't looking at a wall watching paint dry.

This show ain't that poo poo, but doesn't deserve the high acclaim or hype some give it. Especially when it's brother show in SChamploo is far superior (and even it has some suspect things that can hurt it)

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
:whew:

Time for me to do God's work and eviscerate this!

Average Bebop isn't a GOAT show.. Matter fact It barely even deserves the right to stand shoulder to shoulder with other "really good" animes.

The only things cool about it and memorable are its name and that is had a cool "jazz" thing going for it:manny:

It's main character was sub average

It's side character were wack and forgettable (you could line them up with some other characters now and I couldn't name yet alone pick them out)

The villain or antagonist was nonexistent.

The plot was trash

The dialogue was plain

The action was mediocre

In terms of some of the "buzzwords" peeps love to throw around to define something the like it wasn't;

Dark,
It wasn't funny,
It had no real fukkery,
It had no heart.

I watched it like 2 times (my 1st was years ago when it used to come on late nights on CN..... Took me years to get through it.... A chore. The second time in the last 2 years or so) and it still didn't resignate with me.

I think the most memorable ep was the one they all got food poisoning or something from eating that jelly alien.

To much of that show felt wasted doing nothing on that ship but complaining about how hungry and broke they were. They had too many moments where it felt like you wasn't looking at a wall watching paint dry.

This show ain't that poo poo, but doesn't deserve the high acclaim or hype some give it. Especially when it's brother show in SChamploo is far superior (and even it has some suspect things that can hurt it)

Chill before that phaggot @Ain't That Something calls you a contrarian and your opinion trash lol.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Chill before that phaggot @Ain't That Something calls you a contrarian and your opinion trash lol.

:russ:

I was only doing Gods work!!:whoa:

Please don't call me a fakkit or neg me brehs.... Gotta take that up with God! :blessed:

I did give props to SChamploo if that counts for something :ld:

全能の神

《《》》
Daps
Yall wylin about cowboy bebop but ok.

Also i tried watching rurouni kenshin eng dub and almost threw my laptop. Childhood ignorance truly was bliss

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nah, the actual "story" elements work because it feels they truly exist in a massive universe and not everything is about just them, so when their past happens to catch up with them it has a far greater impact. That excitement you feel whenever you realize some shyt about themselves is coming to light is truly special IMO.

But as good as the show is (great even), it's not entirely consistent. There's a couple of duds in the show but the highlights (like Pierrot Le Fou, Toys In The Attic and Cowboy Funk) are fukking incredible.
I never looked at it from that POV, so I guess I see where you are going but still would like them to gloss over the story more as the stuff with VIcuous/Spike and Julia were interesting. Also I may be the one person does NOT like the ending of the show, actually find it hypocritical

Yall wylin about cowboy bebop but ok.

Also i tried watching rurouni kenshin eng dub and almost threw my laptop. Childhood ignorance truly was bliss
It's crazy breh, was only checking for DBZ, Wing etc on toonami back then and completely ignored it. Kenshin is lowkey top 3 ever and I wouldnt have a issue with anyone calling it their GOAT tbh

Also specifically to you, I'm re watching Yu Yu, man the female characters besides Boton and the old lady who trains Yuseke are so awful lol

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Also I may be the one person does NOT like the ending of the show, actually find it hypocritical

how do you figure? Thought it was just Spike going back to face his past after spending so long running away from it

The ending message "you're gonna carry that weight" means you can't run away from what defines you as a person - what we've done in the past shapes all of us as human beings. Every single one of the Bebop cast had to face that, and his was so dark that he ultimately lost his life over it. One of the GOAT endings imo.

I'm gonna accept that episodic anime isn't for everybody and Bebop's purpose can get lost on some though. Not everyone likes it like not everyone likes Ghost in the Shell and Legend of Galactic Heroes - absolute classics

全能の神

《《》》
Daps
Also specifically to you, I'm re watching Yu Yu, man the female characters besides Boton and the old lady who trains Yuseke are so awful lol
So you got a problem with my girl?:dame:

Nah but forreal she did get so annoying towards the end of the tournament and after