42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Too cliche. Characters 1 dimensional. Plot is :francis:. I'm just not invested. It's a paper Attack on Titan without the mystery
Attack on Titan's plot is actually trash. It just built an amazing world.

I read the manga to date and regret every moment of it. People have no idea how much of a clusterfukk that shyt actually is. I almost don't even want to see season two. I'd much rather deal with Kabaneri's straight forwardness.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

I read the manga to date and regret every moment of it. People have no idea how much of a clusterfukk that shyt actually is. I almost don't even want to see season two. I'd much rather deal with Kabaneri's straight forwardness.
I read some of it and I noticed that it went all over the place.

Still gotta catch up tho.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Finished Death Nkte, man that was fukked uo how that nikka slipped up and got ahead of himself. Some Sadistic part of me was hoping homie killed everyone and got away with it. :lupe:
You ain't wrong.

Show should've either ended at the halfway point or with Light winning.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Word :sadcam:? I hope not. I've avoided the manga like the plague

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I never got past the show's final few episodes but Attack on Titan was always a show with an exceptional atmosphere and nothing else really going for it. I found it stupid that some of the principal cast members training in the military to fight titans were actually titans. The plot just comes across as dumb to me.

Kabaneri's problem is it doesn't have a diverse enough cast. Mumei and Ikoma are pretty much it and everybody else is just in the background and are poorly developed. Ikoma had a solid start but he's already peaked as a character so the show is entirely on Mumei's back and her novelty is wearing off.

Biba and the other Kabaneri girl with the potential of him having more Kabaneris than just the two is a good direction to move in but there's only 4 episodes left. Not enough time to do much which makes the episode prior to this one a complete waste.

Also if this does get a sequel it'll likely be 2018 at the earliest but I'd want a sequel to develop a better principal cast.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Design can be flawed
one dimensional characters are a staple of the genre. it's simple and easy to follow. How many episodes of DBZ have there been and has Goku ever really shown any depth? If you're looking for shows with complex characters you might wanna move away from stuff targeted at kids.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.

this is why i feel AoT was over hype i watched the first ep and i could not even finish it, shyt was boring to me even tried to read the manga gave up half way thought the first chapter

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
this is why i feel AoT was over hype i watched the first ep and i could not even finish it, shyt was boring to me even tried to read the manga gave up half way thought the first chapter
Everything I hear about Attack on Titan reminds me of the second coming of Bleach. A great concept that the writer just didn't know what to do with. I also hear that AoT was effected by the anime's success and it changed the writers plans.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Everything I hear about Attack on Titan reminds me of the second coming of Bleach. A great concept that the writer just didn't know what to do with. I also hear that AoT was effected by the anime's success and it changed the writers plans.
at least bleach was good leading up the the SS arc only arc where almost all the main characters actually did shyt :whew: all of ichigo 's boys were putting in work :ufdup: one of my fav fights was uryu vs mayuri.. shyt never was the same after that arc :ld:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:dwillhuh:

I strongly disagree. How is the manga a clusterfukk? They spent the whole year revealing a ton of the mysteries and the arc was solely focused on the Scouting Corps vs the Ruling Class. We didn't even see any titans for a while because they locked in on that. The last few chapters were crack.

Kabaneri is just an AoT knock off with the mysteries and politics stripped away. There's nothing there besides how pretty it looks. I prefer the depth of AoT. The manga is still good:yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:dwillhuh:

I strongly disagree. How is the manga a clusterfukk? They spent the whole year revealing a ton of the mysteries and the arc was solely focused on the Scouting Corps vs the Ruling Class. We didn't even see any titans for a while because they locked in on that. The last few chapters were crack.

Kabaneri is just an AoT knock off with the mysteries and politics stripped away. There's nothing there besides how pretty it looks. I prefer the depth of AoT. The manga is still good:yeshrug:
That doesn't mean it makes sense :heh:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
one dimensional characters are a staple of the genre. it's simple and easy to follow. How many episodes of DBZ have there been and has Goku ever really shown any depth? If you're looking for shows with complex characters you might wanna move away from stuff targeted at kids.
I don't need complex characters but I need characters with personalities. Don't think that's a lot to ask tbh. Even in a shonen :yeshrug:.