Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
How the fukk did Zestiria get a show? :skip:
Waste of money.

So much manga that has yet to be animated and they have many unfinished anime series yet they choose to animate Zestria. :snoop:

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Waste of money.

So much manga that has yet to be animated and unfinished anime series yet they choose to animate Zestria. :snoop:
I mean... I liked the game but games from anime are almost always shyt investments. And I love what that company has been moving towards lately too.

They're trying to jump in on that Persona money but a lot of games just don't translate like that. I think I was telling someone in the game thread that the story was just so open-ended and non-committal that this was coming but I really just expected a Tales of Z-2 or something.

It could be good though. I don't want to hate too much. Tales games always have amazing skit quality - its just that a lot of that comes from amazing translation squad they have.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I mean... I liked the game but games from anime are almost always shyt investments. And I love what that company has been moving towards lately too.

They're trying to jump in on that Persona money but a lot of games just don't translate like that. I think I was telling someone in the game thread that the story was just so open-ended and non-committal that this was coming but I really just expected a Tales of Z-2 or something.

It could be good though. I don't want to hate too much. Tales games always have amazing skit quality - its just that a lot of that comes from amazing translation squad they have.
I aint watching that crap.

If it was a sequel...maybe...but a prequel or retelling? fukk that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Most of the latter Tales games have been getting anime. Symphonia, Vesperia, Phantasia, Abyss, Eternia, and Zesteria have all gotten anime projects.

That being said the story to Zesteria is pretty weak. It will make a terrible anime. It was barely a passable game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Most of the latter Tales games have been getting anime. Symphonia, Vesperia, Phantasia, Abyss, Eternia, and Zesteria have all gotten anime projects.

That being said the story to Zesteria is pretty weak. It will make a terrible anime. It was barely a passable game.
The same reasons it was weak game might be the main reasons it turns out to be a decent show.

In the game like... nothing fukking happened :heh: it'll be episodic as hell and perfect paced for a show. I don't think they tried to draw a line when planning the game out.

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Death Note resonated with me on a higher level, the narrative was unorthodox and completely unprecedented. FMA was a great storytelling in the traditional sense but it was familiar, the themes were derivative of other work prior.
Monster was straight trash, from its art style to its characters. I'm still angry for investing my time to accommodate that wretched series

Damn , Did I type this cause I pretty much agree with this 100%. I Don't know how people like Monster and I like psychological anime, better yet love them. I invested like 30 something episodes of my time hoping for it to just click with me and it never did. I think Death Note is an All time anime and probably the best IMO. Only thing I feel like it would almost be unanimously considered the best if it wasn't for the weakness of the arc after L.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Damn , Did I type this cause I pretty much agree with this 100%. I Don't know how people like Monster and I like psychological anime, better yet love them. I invested like 30 something episodes of my time hoping for it to just click with me and it never did. I think Death Note is an All time anime and probably the best IMO. Only thing I feel like it would almost be unanimously considered the best if it wasn't for the weakness of the arc after L.
Death Note is targeted at younger viewers. It's shounen. It's easily accessible.

Monster is targeted at adults. It's seinen and it's a very long series. 30 something episodes in it like 1/3. On a show that builds like Monster does 1/3 is still roughly early in. I watched Monster in it's entirety and watched it straight through and it was such a good shoe because of it's title character Johan. He really was a monster and he was such a compelling villain.

If you like shounen over seinen you'll easily prefer Death Note over Monster. I think Monster is better but it's nowhere near as accessible as Death Note. The thing about Monster is as it goes along it gets better and better, Death Note is at it's best right at the beginning and blows it's wad early then declines. Sort of like how Bleach kept going after Aizen was handled Death Note should have ended after the original antagonist was death with but it kept going and like Bleach as it kept going past the initial antagonist the quality continued to suffer.

Some series just don't know when to end.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Kotaku put me up on a series called Konusuba..... :russ: shyt was crazy.... kid dies and gets the option of being thrown into an RPG world and has to get a damned job..:mjlol: Teamates are crap and he has no crazy magic powers all his shyt is low level...

it was only 10 episodes tho... :mjcry: