winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
worth checking out?
Its a harem show. Not necessarily a romance show though just a show with a bunch of women and a few men. It's kinda like the anime Gate meets the movie Edge of Tomorrow. It has a lot of lampshading before using the cliches it lampshades. The main character's power is pretty bad and depressing especially for him.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
eZDdSbI.gif

:cape::wow::cape:
Its a harem show. Not necessarily a romance show though just a show with a bunch of women and a few men. It's kinda like the anime Gate meets the movie Edge of Tomorrow. It has a lot of lampshading before using the cliches it lampshades. The main character's power is pretty bad and depressing especially for him.
thanks. might just wait it out then

actually kinda glad i skipped boku too tbh

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Watching Welcome to the NHK - about a 22 year old unemployed college drop out w/ social anxiety and a host of other mental disorders.

Strong dark comedy. Can be very sad at times, but also endearing and great for self reflection. Slice of life at its finest

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I thought Mirai Nikki was ok but Big Order is straight up trash. I don't know if it's the source material which seems crazy or the horrendous pacing / directing but the show is terrible. It's also got one of those "I'll be the one to kill you" characters that ends up helping the character they're trying to kill because the plot demands it and lastly the main characters ability is so overpowered its ridiculous. He's like Lelouch from Code Geass on steroids and his commands extend beyond people.
Could be that too. :jbhmm:
No that's just a side effect. His power only kicks in when he dies.

Last edited:

Books

Rookie
Daps
I thought Mirai Nikki was trash start to finish and they couldn't even remember their own rules 3 episodes in. Plus the MC is literally worse than Shinji.

Like.... I'm still mad at the nikka who recommended that shyt.
Show is straight unadulterated garbage. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I thought Mirai Nikki was trash start to finish and they couldn't even remember their own rules 3 episodes in. Plus the MC is literally worse than Shinji.

Like.... I'm still mad at the nikka who recommended that shyt.
It also has one of the more entertaining yandere characters ever made in it. that style character is incredibly hard to pull off. yeah the main character it terrible but this is anime the overwhelming majority of main characters are bad.

I'm not saying its a great series but I watched it all the way through and I didn't have too many complaints. the ending was crazy, I still need to watch the final OVA. That being said if you hated it you'll probably like Big Order even less especially since the same writer did both.