Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
This is Gundam.

If you've ever watched a proper Gundam show there are a core set of tropes that repeat themselves.
1. an antagonist that will wear a mask at some point
2. the main protagonist usually has some emotional issues
3. minimal female characters, main female is usually either an important political figure or princess
4. a major antagonist that is a well intentioned extremist
5. a war between space colonies and earth
6. a main plot that boils down to one side wanting to use a weapon of mass destruction on the other. Usually a giant planet destroying canon.
7. at some point the Gundams get upgrades
8. face heel turns are common place
9. If you don't see a body they aren't dead
10. some superhuman extrasensory shyt, either genetic or physical to make the pilot beyond a normal human.

These are just a few of the tropes. Gundam shows are basically the same tropes with the cast and plot elements shuffled around.
Ok?

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
This is Gundam.

If you've ever watched a proper Gundam show there are a core set of tropes that repeat themselves.
1. an antagonist that will wear a mask at some point
2. the main protagonist usually has some emotional issues
3. minimal female characters, main female is usually either an important political figure or princess
4. a major antagonist that is a well intentioned extremist
5. a war between space colonies and earth
6. a main plot that boils down to one side wanting to use a weapon of mass destruction on the other. Usually a giant planet destroying canon.
7. at some point the Gundams get upgrades
8. face heel turns are common place
9. If you don't see a body they aren't dead
10. some superhuman extrasensory shyt, either genetic or physical to make the pilot beyond a normal human.

These are just a few of the tropes. Gundam shows are basically the same tropes with the cast and plot elements shuffled around.

You got everything except #11, which is actual gundam/mech fighting! I'm tired of IBO two minutes of action. shyt doesnt even feel like gundam SMH.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man...... I cant even front.... this season of Gate is really impressing the hell out of me....... that "castle" scene was :whoo:

Just when you think this anime is one of those fun quirky corny ones it takes a dark turn to remind you this shyt can get real:whew:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Man...... I cant even front.... this season of Gate is really impressing the hell out of me....... that "castle" scene was :whoo:

Just when you think this anime is one of those fun quirky corny ones it takes a dark turn to remind you this shyt can get real:whew:
GATE is always real. The way they float between rape, prostitution, WWI levels of death, slavery, bloodlust, PTSD // shesnot14shesreallya600yearoldwitch, dinner party antics, revolving door harem, SDF never loses + good guys 4evr, otaku memes, animal girls, hearts and minds makes ZERO sense

whole series is like what lelouch thinks about when he's smoking that laced shyt. its dumb as fukk, set to get even dumber. entertaining but like... i'm not gonna say this isn't garbage. its the anime equivalent of watching teen mom :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're saying the protagonist is the same. Duh this is Gundam. Gundam itself is basically a retelling of the same core story with minor elements shuffled around. Modern post Gundam Wing series are even more guilty of this than some of the earlier versions.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
You're saying the protagonist is the same. Duh this is Gundam. Gundam itself is basically a retelling of the same core story with minor elements shuffled around. Modern post Gundam Wing series are even more guilty of this than some of the earlier versions.
Yes I know all about Gundam. I was just making an observation that they look the same.
029-500x344.jpg
3c74a6cb89dacda951912588f51b42b520151028223158.jpg
558abd5fc31c8802ca08ecedb6a4339b20151028223159.jpg

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I loved the first half of this show. Once the girl had that incident and went into the hospital to me the show never really recovered from her reduced role. The last episode is weird as hell to me. I liked the very final part though. I'm not saying the second half of the show is bad but it's just not as good as the first half to me.
By the final part I mean Kaori's confession that she knew who Arima was the while time and she lied about liking his friend so she could get close to him before her death.

Damn anime :mjcry:
Just finished this shyt :to:
Yea I see what ur saying bout with her having a reduce role did make it not as good I do agree
That ending tho :mindblown:
fukked up as thing left behind if anything that make me more sad and depressed tho tell someone who is dense bout his best friend loving him and the girl he loves loves him back :dahell:

Still really good anime that I would buy for my collection