42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Gonna try to burn through some OG Gundam tonight. @42 Monks has me hyped about what's in store, finally have a chance to relax with no plans the next day

GANGSTA. Original Soundtrack "SIGNS" Download MP3

Already in my phone under the "Anime OST Banger" playlist
:whoa:

OG Gundam is a piece of a history, not a flatout piff session. If you want immediate crack into your veins, then you want 8th MS Team. The other Gundams are typically a slow burn. OG Gundam in particular, and I think I said it before, is/was great because it laid out the original script that you see a lot of shows jacking from in one form or another.

Still glad to hear someone checking it out though. Good stuff, even if dated.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
:whoa:

OG Gundam is a piece of a history, not a flatout piff session. If you want immediate crack into your veins, then you want 8th MS Team. The other Gundams are typically a slow burn. OG Gundam in particular, and I think I said it before, is/was great because it laid out the original script that you see a lot of shows jacking from in one form or another.

Still glad to hear someone checking it out though. Good stuff, even if dated.

Heard a lot of good stuff about 08th and I'm tempted to skip there, or rewatch G Gundam for the pure toonami nostalgia

:banderas:

but I'll stay with the original for the exact reason you said: Just wanna know how the most influential anime in the mecha genre came to be. Would be cool if I could follow it in release order so I can see the animation get progressively better

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Caught the Kekkai Sensen finale and... this didn't need to be 46 minutes. I can sort of understand why they caught some flack over it. They went and went over the top with the meta for no reason. Still, it was a good cap on a very good show. 42 minute mark cut the onions up something fierce, I ain't cry tho.

Waiting for the OST for that too.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
5 mins into the new gundam EP 2 :ehh: starting to remind me of gundam wing... the new gundam system fukkin up his brain every time he use it... i am now sold on this Gundam

Last edited:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Caught the Kekkai Sensen finale and... this didn't need to be 46 minutes. I can sort of understand why they caught some flack over it. They went and went over the top with the meta for no reason. Still, it was a good cap on a very good show. 42 minute mark cut the onions up something fierce, I ain't cry tho.

Waiting for the OST for that too.
I know right. It was decent but felt dragged out. Hope we get a season 2 tho.

Last edited:

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
20d69d13866c.jpg

Just finished watching Super Robot Wars OG: Divine Wars it was pretty dope. The robot pilots and attacks are hype af. The show captured the action, disaster and drama of war very well.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know right. It was decent but felt dragged out. Hope we get s season 2 tho.
It was weird bruh. It felt dragged out yet rushed at the same time. They waste so much time on black's corny ass monologues. Yet the badass side characters got shafted after each got a small sequence.

Also Klaus vs black was beautifully animated but so spastic I couldn't tell what was happening.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is still decent. It's pretty heavy on the tropes and cliches and adds in the Naruto style sob stories. I'm having a hard time telling that show apart from Gakusen Toshi Asterisk. They're so similar.

Last edited:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
It was weird bruh. It felt dragged out yet rushed at the same time. They waste so much time on black's corny ass monologues. Yet the badass side characters got shafted after each got a small sequence.

Also Klaus vs black was beautifully animated but so spastic I couldn't tell what was happening.
It's like they didn't know how to end it. Shame since the concept and characters are so dope. They could've done much more.