blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Revealed the meaning of the title in the final moments of the last episode, that symbolism :ohlawd:

Classic example as to why I consider slice of life to be my favorite anime genre. Really won't find that type of sentimental realism anywhere else
Yooo u my dude for that

Thats how i feel fam...I cant get enough of this genre of anime :ohlawd: :wow:

U right bout that symbolism tho
Together they were all looking for that "clover" and.....:mjcry:

Nah breh thas enough :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Honey & Clover

A down to earth, realistic portrayal about the lives of a group of college students. Its celebrated for having a highly relatable character cast, smooth animation style, lot of heartfelt scenes and an honest approach to romance/bonds of companionship. And aside from Nodame Cantabile its got the best collection of OST's I've heard in the genre, including Waltz & Dramatic two of my favorites

Anyone interested in the slice of life genre should treasure it. Anime that makes you contemplate life from the perspectives of its characters.

Somebody spoiled how Honer & Clover's main romance ended and I was so disgusted with it I dropped the show. That and the face that one of the sub romances was far more interesting than the main one and it never really got any shine.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Somebody spoiled how Honer & Clover's main romance ended and I was so disgusted with it I dropped the show. That and the face that one of the sub romances was far more interesting than the main one and it never really got any shine.

Ah that's rough. Imo its not so bad a development if you actually watch it progressively happen, but to have it all spoiled does take the fun out of it. Really thought all of the sub romances were better than the main one lol, but what made Yuta such a great MC were his struggles as a student trying to find his niche in life. Wasn't talented like Morita or Takumi, and was by far the most relatable character in the anime. With him romance took a backseat to his development as a human being which helped make the anime different from your garden variety romance.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Finished the rewatch of WA2. Had almost forgotten how bittersweet that ending was. Very compelling drama cleverly built around the theme of music and how it can breed companionship among individuals. Really favor anime that can mix music and romance together like that, big reason why Nodame Cantabile/Your Lie in April are so great to me.

Next I'm gonna start the 4th and final season of Natsume Yuujinchou which I've been saving for a good day. Gave the first three 10/10's without even a second thought clearly a hallmark in the supernatural/slice of life genre, good chance the final season makes my 16th masterpiece score on MAL

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finished the rewatch of WA2. Had almost forgotten how bittersweet that ending was. Very compelling drama cleverly built around the theme of music and how it can breed companionship among individuals.
White Album 2 is one of the greatest romance animes I've ever seen. I'm pissed because they didn't animate the full story only the introductory chapter and have shown no sign of animating the rest of the story.

The original White Album was crap and got two seasons but this one couldn't I guess.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
White Album 2 is one of the greatest romance animes I've ever seen. I'm pissed because they didn't animate the full story only the introductory chapter and have shown no sign of animating the rest of the story.

The original White Album was crap and got two seasons but this one couldn't I guess.

One of my top romances too, but from what I've read on the coda chapter idk if I'm even looking forward to a second season. Tons of fukkery awaits unless they cop out and choose the only peaceful route available which won't be well received b/c of who gets chosen

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
five episodes in, enjoying this show a lot. I heard shyt gets real later on though.
If you like the early part then you'll love this show. I wasn't a fan of all it's goofy humor. The same sort from Angel Beats unfortunately this show has gone the way of an idiot plot for the sake of drama route. Dumb completely avoidable things are happening now just for the sake of ratcheting up the drama.

little sister was killed off when everybody around him had a good idea his true power was taking other people's powers and he could have took her powers in the first place and avoided it all. only to later have the whole timeline where she died get erased when he ends up taking the power to go back in time and takes her powers. then he loses his eye an episode later and now he can't use the overpowered ability at all.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just ran through episode 1 of Space Dandy and caught some stuff that I never noticed before.

1. The restaurant Boobies is a play on Hooters.
2. Dandy's goal is to one day take over ownership of the franchise.
3. QT's transport device is a Wii-mote.
4. The giant red robot (possible Big O reference) give the thumbs up before it's destroyed like in Terminator 2.
5. Dr. G's ship has a brain inside of it underneath where they stand.