Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Fate/Stay was a disappointment to me. Great potential but the masters/servants felt very weak in comparison to the prequel series which I guess should be expected when you have a bunch of naive kids as lead characters as opposed to a professional killer like Kiritsugu. Too many characters with relatively prominent roles that didn't serve a significant purpose to enhancing the plot like that hyper teacher or Sakura who for whatever reason doesn't get her tragic past explored, no reveal as to how Kiritsugu the damn main character of the prequel died and the romance took away from the suspenseful nature of the holy grail war. Kotomine was treated like garbage, Saber was often helpless and at one point portrayed as a damsel in distress, boring monologues by a confused main character who can't seem to understand the definition of hero. There was some good in this anime most of which being the animation, Rin's character, a new perspective on Saber and the twist of
archer being Shirou's future self
, but it could've been much better if not for some flaws. 7.5/10 overall

Any genre specifically you're interested in?

Archer was Emiya in the future after he pursues his goal of becoming a hero. This path lead him to nothing but despair and ultimately death however which then led to him being a heroic spirit. His goal throughout much of this anime was to stop his past self from pursuing that path knowing what it would lead to Emiya came back against Giga by using that Unlimited Blade Works ability to get into a realm where he has an unlimited amount of weapons around him to fiight Gilgamesh with. Used his speed to get in close proximity with him, did a good job avoiding all the flying weapons using his newfound magical ability to create a barrier and fukked his shyt up. He was almost about to die however when he ran out of mana but the holy grail started to take Giga's body using him as a host I think in replace of the boy who was ripped out. He was about to pull Emiya with him but Archer came out of nowhere and hit him with a headshot and that was it

I guess archer came back to life since he was emiya, I gotta rematch the original to get a better understanding of fate stay night, I realized Saber has been somewhat nuked compared to her old self, assassin was a total waste compared to the earlier version which h he had many bodies. Caster had a lesser role and her master was kinds lame on pare to the crazed kid who manned the old caster.

Enjoyed the last episode but seeing gigamesh get taken out was kinda surprising, pretty different from the original but it was okay in the end. Archer coming back was a but of a surprise.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Kagami looking cosmic out there :wow:

Gawdomine finally realizing where he went wrong :mjcry: Kagami basically is a Aomine prototype who fully developed by not abandoning Kuroko and his team.

Akashi had to remind n***as who he was at the episode end though :usure:

But :what: at next weeks f***ery. How you gonna stretch a Seirin a**pull victory into a cot'damn episode with 30 seconds left......is this DBZ :mindblown:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
@Consumed Looking for something that is currently airing to peep weekly, I'm a shounen and cerebral/dark or fantasy action kinda guy.

Not a ton still airing since the spring season is about over and we're heading into the summer, but Durarara fits your preferences pretty well as the story revolves around a boy who moves to a dangerous town where supernatural events and gang activity are rampant. Pretty famous for being one of the best character driven anime in some time, multiple engaging personalities that keep there from ever being a dull moment because of the role they all play in the developments in the plot. Can't see anyone watching and not walking away with a character that they personally relate to. It is a mystery so it fits your cerebral preference, has a fantasy premise, an unreal amount twists that are hard to predict and there's a good ammount of action

The first season aired some time ago, but the 2nd is still ongoing and will continue into the summer so thats something that'll keep you entertained. Called Durarara!!x2 Shou and then Ketsu for the final cour which will start in a week or so

Something else you might like if you're into sports anime of all types is Baby Steps. Sounds soft but its in reference to a character that has no athletic talent whatsoever but is a brilliant tactician that uses his intelligence + work ethic to chase his goal of being one of the top tennis players in the world. He doesn't become great or even remotely decent overnight, its a step by step process and he takes a lot of defeats along the way but its through his hard work that he's able to get better each and every day. Pretty inspirational, good music, realistic portrayal of tennis. The 2nd season is currently airing

Not a ton else I know of thats still ongoing aside from long running shonen's like Gintama (GOAT comedy imo), One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail and whatnot

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I guess archer came back to life since he was emiya, I gotta rematch the original to get a better understanding of fate stay night, I realized Saber has been somewhat nuked compared to her old self, assassin was a total waste compared to the earlier version which h he had many bodies. Caster had a lesser role and her master was kinds lame on pare to the crazed kid who manned the old caster.

Enjoyed the last episode but seeing gigamesh get taken out was kinda surprising, pretty different from the original but it was okay in the end. Archer coming back was a but of a surprise.

I guess that makes some sense. I was wondering how archer could die if his past self was still alive. I didn't exactly hate this and the ending was a good one but I felt it could've been something much better some things were done differently

Pretty much all of the servants had a lesser role than the prequel except for Lancer who was more or less the same. Kinda hard to replace a character like Rider and they didn't manage to do so. Then you didn't have anyone in the main cast that measured up to Kiritsugu or Kotomine as masters. They were about as strong as the heroic spirits themselves and had actually interesting personalities especially Kiritsugu and his tragic backstory. Having a reliable main character in an action centric show is pretty important and really until the very end Emiya was the opposite of that

I'm gonna watch the other version some other time so I can compare the two. Wondering if there's enough material to make a sequel anytime soon or if this is it

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

Gawdomine finally realizing where he went wrong :mjcry: Kagami basically is a Aomine prototype who fully developed by not abandoning Kuroko and his team.

But :what: at next weeks f***ery. How you gonna stretch a Seirin a**pull victory into a cot'damn episode with 30 seconds left......is this DBZ :mindblown:
Let's be real them seiren nikkas should not have even made it past Murasakibara even less compete against Akashi da gawd

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Ok, watching Kuroke and 7 mins in I just had to pause it and post in this thread.:ohhh:

For the longest, it's no secret I been a Kise Stan...... :francis:But Gotdamn, this nicca Akashi not only went back to Zone, but got his entire squad on the court in Zone too?:dahell:

Ok.... I have nothing..... Even I can't deny that greatness.:mindblown:

I now humbly have to publicly state that I was wrong.:sadcam:

That dude Akashi is by far the man!:mjcry:

I'll take my L like a man:wow:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

:mjlol: Gotdamn.... so after my last post, I went on to watch the rest of this... and After I saw Kagami enter that Zone past the Zone bringing Amoine to tears and seeing Akashi wig get pushed back a little. I was quickly just to renig on my last post and start my Kise stanning again

But then Akashi shut that shyt down with the quickness in there end:wow:

Next week:feedme:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Haven't been here in a min. Been stuck on school and work. Don't want to read through and possibly spoil anything. Give me a heads up on what y'all been watching.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Haven't been here in a min. Been stuck on school and work. Don't want to read through and possibly spoil anything. Give me a heads up on what y'all been watching.

:dahell: Nicca????

Jojo and Kuroke!!!:damn:

Those 2 are the ONLY important animes one should be watching.... Low key, any talk in here on Fri-Sun that isnt about those 2 animes is disrespectful bytchassness :heh:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I tried Jojo, I couldn't get in to it because of the art style. I did watch some of the fights with Dio though :merchant:

Kuroko, I'm trying to catch up with the everybody else. I'm up to episode 48 or 49, when they are playing Yosen at the Winter Cup.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
:dahell: Nicca????

Jojo and Kuroke!!!:damn:

Those 2 are the ONLY important animes one should be watching.... Low key, any talk in here on Fri-Sun that isnt about those 2 animes is disrespectful bytchassness :heh:
Cool. Already onto both of those. I just started watching something about a picking up girls in a dungeon. Decent show. :ehh:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Finished re-watching Rurouni Kenshin, First time I saw it on Toonami about a decade ago I was too young to understand anything, but now that I can fully appreciate the jaw dropping greatness that is the Shishio/Kyoto Arc I'll forever acknowledge it as a contender for best anime I've ever seen. Impossible to not get caught up in the journey of a wandering samurai on his path of redemption, saving the lives of many along the way and realizing the importance of his own. Easy 10/10 from me

Next I want to start either Eureka Seven or Neon Genesis Evangelion. Probably the latter tonight after I take care of some errands

Bbwlover504

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried Jojo, I couldn't get in to it because of the art style. I did watch some of the fights with Dio though :merchant:

Kuroko, I'm trying to catch up with the everybody else. I'm up to episode 48 or 49, when they are playing Yosen at the Winter Cup.
I tried the first couple of episodes, I couldn't get into either