tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Screenshot_20241018_191509_Instagram.jpg

:dead:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Started watching the new gundam CGI series and right of the bat they have the Zeon commander Breh looking crazy. They need to get rid of that scout team immediately.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
As someone who watched this series for the first time, this year. This series has been one of my favorite anime experiences. Numerous times we mentioned series that aren't planned out. It feels like everything is thought out and serves a purpose. Nadeko Sengoku's arc that early in this season really highlights that. Took everything that she went through and developed a beautiful character arc. Also, in the case of Shinobu in understanding how and why she became a vampire adds a lot of depth to her character.

Despite being a series that I think people would rather wait to binge. Each episode feels like a piece of the pie that really adds a good amount of stuff to the table. For a series that there is a lot to digest, even watching and analyze episode by episode gives so much to wrap her head around. It's the types of series I love. The past year getting both Frieren & more Monogatari is an absolute treat.

The conclusion of this arc was interesting. I feel like this is one of those where the journey was more important in the actual results. The two big things were

• Koyomi Araragi in seeing how much he has grown through First Season, Second Season & Final Season. But at the same time as he is still a child as Senjougahara mentions. Implying he has more growing up to do.
  • The other being the relationship between Shinobu & Suicide-Master. How things have changed since their first meeting to now.
The first thing being we had our meeting between Kie Harimaze & Suicide-Master. As we learn that Kie was the one that got turned into a vampire and not Sowa Kiseki. The body swap is a clear reason why the information was wrong because the only way that they can identify a mummy is through belongings.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_11.52.01_AM.png

Now the interesting bit that Suicide-Master mentions is that Kie pleaded to be a vampire. We just assumed that Suicide-Master ate Kie for her own sake. There is a lot of Kie that we don't know much about. What was her life like? Why did she want to turn into a vampire? Given how she attacked her teammate, I can only guess that there was some conflict which is attributed with both Kanbaru & Higasa no longer being around. It feels like the lack of leadership caused Kie to go down this path. It does also bring an interesting parallel to before Shinobu turned into a vampire. She did because if someone had to die, it would be better for it to serve a purpose rather being a meaningless death, which caused many people to die when coming in contact with the Beautiful Princess. For Kie it seems like her wanting to be a vampire was for her own self and nothing more.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_11.43.29_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_11.44.03_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_11.44.26_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_11.44.31_AM.png

As Suicide-Master put it, she fell in to despair. This feels like a scenario where someone puts their whole life for revenge and once they get revenge, there is this giant empty feeling. I am sure she would have gone after more of her teammates and the cycle would have repeated. At the very least, becoming human again could allow her to tackle the underlying issue, whatever it may be. As a vampire and the power she has, she wouldn't face the issue head on.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_11.46.40_AM.png

Plus being eaten is what Suicide-Master would have wanted. She lived a long time & after seeing Shinobu and how happy she is, there is nothing more she needs to do. No reason to continue living when you have done all that you sought out and death will be coming for her soon. Though for Kie she wanted to continue down this dark path. It seems it even deluded her that she was saving her teammates. Which I doubt was the case, but sometimes when you are so far gone you will trick yourself into thinking what you are doing serves a purpose.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_11.45.13_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_11.45.22_AM.png

As Kagenui shows up, we got a little banter between her & Suicide-Master. Really showing how weak Suicide-Master has become where Kagenui doesn't think much of her. Suicide-Master lives since it is clear Kie was the one that caused this and the solution was to turn Kie back to a human, so the other can turn human again.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_12.02.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_12.02.59_PM.png

Shinobu's comment that humans are monsters is something that may be more true than you think about, You think about how Kie wanted to be a vampire and what she did when she got that power. Also, I imagine Shinobu seeing all her subjects killing themselves in the honor of the Beautiful Princess's soul is something they aren't worth. Through her whole life before meeting Koyomi Araragi the person she was closest to was Suicide-Master. A vampire was the person she held the deepest of feelings for and felt like family. Makes you think perhaps humans are the real monsters.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_12.06.32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_12.06.49_PM.png

It seems implied that both Senjougahara & Shinobu knew this was the final time they would see Suicide-Master. This is where Koyomi still feels like a kid despite the major growth he has gone through. Koyomi thinks of as a farewell means this is a temporary goodbye, and we will see them again. In reality, the world is more cruel. Considering Suicide-Master just recovered from being a vampire doesn't mean death isn't immediate for her. She will most likely enjoy what time she has left, but knows her time is up. After all her request to be eaten is proof of that.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_12.06.24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_11.50.20_AM.png

The other thing is what Kagenui said that she doesn't hesitate because she is an adult. I think what Kagenui implied is that she does what she needs to do. She has an understanding of her actions and the consequences of them. For Koyomi there is that hesitation that he thinks about Kie's situation, for example, before passing judgement. On the surface, it feels like Kagenui doesn't care why Kie did all this. It is more so she is aware that Kie might have circumstances, but those shouldn't have an effect on her decision. She will take responsibility if there was an error on her part. For Koyomi he is an incredibly kind person, and thus he tries to empathize with others. His arc with Sodachi in final season is one big example of this.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_12.08.14_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_12.08.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_12.08.36_PM.png

One thing I wonder is this really something Koyomi needs to grow out of? His desire to help out others when it is needed? I don't think there is a clear answer for this because his kindness is one of his strongest traits. It is that kindness that resulted in Hitagi Senjougahara falling in love with him. I think there are some things Koyomi could learn from Izuko Gaen. Delegating and understanding when he needs to get involved.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_12.08.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_12.08.55_PM.png

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That Kenshin been cooking :whew: I usually don't check out reboot stuff but between this and DB Daima we might be entering a wild era where the OG's come back and flex on everyone real quick

Let them come back and finish Yu yu Hakusho with modern animation :wow: it'll be like the new era never existed

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
This season is gonna be hard AF to rank :lupe: all we can agree on is blue lock at the bottom

I think Bleach crushes the buildings purely because it's endgame so everyone's in their final form with zero fukks given

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This episode was mostly a focus on Shunsui & Ukitake relationship as well as Ukitake's backstory. In the realms of Soul Society, it seems Ukitake was the equivalent of someone who wasn't born as healthy as the norm. His parents having to pray to Mimihagi to save their child is honestly depressing. Essentially, I am assuming that Mimihagi is the divine power that was detached from the Soul King.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_2.33.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_2.39.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_2.39.08_PM.png

So now Ukitake sacrifices his organs to bring back the Soul King. However, this is only a temporary measure as the stability is gone once Ukitake dies. So what is the solution? Also, I feel bad for Rukia losing Kaien & now Ukitake. Her journey has not been easy, but she is always willing to accept the challenge. At the least, it is interested that this outcome was not seen by Yhwach.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_3.09.26_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_3.09.58_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_3.14.34_PM.png

The conversation with Aizen was tense. The enemy of my enemy is my ally. You really wonder how much they can trust Aizen, but at the end of the day, the situation is dire.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_3.18.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_3.18.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_3.19.10_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Good episode since we have a new protagonist. As we see still the church's beliefs gets hammered to Oczy. The moment he asks why don't the stars fall to earth, we see the issues with the church's beliefs in that they only believe they can judge what is on earth. This episode really shows how the church's belief can be seen as a comfort because the moment Oczy thinks of the possibility of going to hell rather than heaven he freaks out. Especially considering his life isn't good.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_5.48.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_5.48.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_5.50.19_PM.png

Meanwhile, Gras thinks more of his life and his findings of Mars are interesting. Since he still believes in what the religion teaches. However, in his findings for Mars until it stopped moving and went back. Obviously, this is under the belief that the earth is at the center of the universe. They don't believe that the sun is that center, and he is just seeing the position of Mars in perspective of earth not being at the center.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_5.54.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_5.54.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_5.54.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_5.55.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_6.00.04_PM.png

Now this heretic was much more extreme than Hubert. Hubert was open to the religion's teaching and God but sought the truth. He was willing to be wrong to get to the truth. With this one, he really tests Oczy & Gras faith in the church. What if what they say doesn't give you salvation?

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_6.04.28_PM.png

He has a point that the religion and its followers view heaven as the hope just to get away from the awful reality of the world. Primal Suffering can be turned into hope shows that he is less logical than Hubert IMO. The way he gets them to realize there is some doubt with them about the church's teaching. For them to actually consider heaven doesn't exist and death is the end. Gras seeks to learn the truth and I assume the next episode will dive more into heliocentrism.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_6.06.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-19_at_6.06.49_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I really hope they're being intentionally vague with this trailer.

Yeah, it's exactly what it sounds like.

But it's very :whew: after it goes through certain motions.

edit: Studio A-Cat :patrice:

Just look at the series they are credited for. That is such a garbage resume. I feel bad for the fans because it's difficult to feel excited when you see who they got animating it.