tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Honestly, 2 episodes in this is starting off very well. The cast has a lot of personality & the world building has been good as it is slowly immersing you into the world.

The episode was excellent on both a comedy & world building front. As mentioned, you really get a feel for the personalities of the Mecha-Udes. Alma in particular has so much personality. I am interested how that affects Hikaru going forward. Also, the bond with Aki & her Mecha-Udes is basically she is the muscle & they are the brains.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-10_at_5.18.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-10_at_5.19.39_PM.png

On a basic level, we come to understand it is the two organizations Arms vs Kagami Group. I assume we will learn more about Arms next episode, but clearly Kagami Group is the antagonist group. Just for the sole reason they strip the Mecha-Udes and use them as tools.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-10-10_at_5.37.20_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-10-10_at_5.37.40_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-10-10_at_5.37.43_PM.png

Also, Meru is an absolute sweetheart, but why do I get the feeling she will end up with her own Mecha-Udes? The miscommunication of her thinking Aki is interested romantically in Hikaru & her reaction seeing Aki on top of Hikaru with no sign of embarrassment is great.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-10_at_5.21.02_PM.png

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
It has it's moments, it's better than a lot of animes that folks stan (Attack on Titan, & majority of that magical/harem nonsense)

I would say you're crazy if it wasn't for that weak ass ending of AOT. Especially after they kept final seasoning us to death.
MHA been going through a real dope stretch ever since the villains started whupping ass. Didn't have to introduce time traveling or freezing or whatever bullshyt AOT was doing either.

so yeah, go ahead and keep cooking my nikka.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Disturbance Episode 2

Nice episode which reintroduces Aoshi and introduces Soujiro & Misao. Looks like Soujiro is trying to recruit Aoshi, but even Aoshi wants to steer clear of Shishio. Still, I would be surprised if he doesn't get involved.

ijwFhti.png

Meanwhile, we got Kenshin trying to give life lessons to another youngster in Misao. It is funny that she was poking fun at Kenshin, but he ended up impressing her at the end. Still, she is looking for Aoshi and the guys that we saw in S1, and we know what happened there. You can see the guilt that Kenshin feels at the end.

cUgE3SK.png

Really like the direction in this episode in starting with Aoshi and ending with the connection that Misao has to him.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Watch season 1 & 2. I had fun watching it but it went downhill after season 3 for me.
MHA had a down period after season 3 but it pays off by season 6 and now it's probably one of the best modern shows out.

MHA is currently reminding me why the older shows worked, slower pacing can work, not everything gotta be instant gratification like these new shows been doing..

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I've been completely out of the loop when it comes to anime lately. I don't know how or why I fell off watching it so badly.
Is blue lock back yet? :flabbynsick:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
MHA had a down period after season 3 but it pays off by season 6 and now it's probably one of the best modern shows out.

MHA is currently reminding me why the older shows worked, slower pacing can work, not everything gotta be instant gratification like these new shows been doing..

Agreed
It had a lil slump but its been cooking for a while now.
I legit be looking forward to Saturday morning like 90'S XMEN finna come on. :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I've been completely out of the loop when it comes to anime lately. I don't know how or why I fell off watching it so badly.
Is blue lock back yet? :flabbynsick:
It is, but I would recommend keeping your expectations in check.

The two big non sequel seasonals are

• Dandadan
  • Blue Box
Both worth a shot.

Also, for anime originals, you have

• Mecha-Ude: Mechanical Arms - Action, Scifi
  • Negative Positive Angler - Iyashikei, Fishing
Both have good animation and the writing for both is interesting & good to me through 2 episodes.