timeless

All Star
Daps
Kaiju No 8 2nd episode got me to buy in. They kinda overdo the comedy bits buy when it hits, it hits

The little girls bodyguards stomping Kafka out :russ: . The whole premise of the show being to never give up on your dreams but they constantly shyt on the MC for being :flabbynsick:
That's why I like it 😂 he's an old head still trying to be a hero for his childhood friend/sweetheart and I absolutely love it.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Welp, I'm caught up to season 3 of Slime and I'm so impressed with Rimuru 😭the blue Kirby is turning Jura into his own little Japan and all his comrades following along with the ride. I did a little reading from the manga/web novel and now I'm excited about the Angels storyline. I was like "who are the damn Angel's" when Luminous mentioned it, and it sounded like the kind of enemy that Rimuru will have some trouble with down the line. Anyway the show is a 10/10. My favorite this far!

Now I'm jumping between Spice and Wolf, The Witch and The Beast, and Fire Force. All good shows so far 👍

Dropped Spice & Wolf and The Witch & The Beast for now. I think im burnt out from my Chinese Dramas to the point where I just want to see some gut punching action.

Fire Force has me in a chokehold. It's really good and the dialogue combined with the fight scenes is stupid funny. The lieutenant is a trip 😂 and Obi is so unserious. I'm surprised they didn't switch roles!

I just finished watching Hell's Paradise and 😨😰 I don't think I've ever seen a show like this. The villains are scary af, the island is scary af, and the story is incredibly bizarre. This show should've been rated R with how the Tensen be f***ing in random cutscenes. Had to skip forward when my niece came in 😂

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Dropped Spice & Wolf and The Witch & The Beast for now. I think im burnt out from my Chinese Dramas to the point where I just want to see some gut punching action.

Fire Force has me in a chokehold. It's really good and the dialogue combined with the fight scenes is stupid funny. The lieutenant is a trip 😂 and Obi is so unserious. I'm surprised they didn't switch roles!

I just finished watching Hell's Paradise and 😨😰 I don't think I've ever seen a show like this. The villains are scary af, the island is scary af, and the story is incredibly bizarre. This show should've been rated R with how the Tensen be f***ing in random cutscenes. Had to skip forward when my niece came in 😂

Yeah Hells Paradise had a lot of shyt going on. That plant growth infection Tengen shyt is disgusting and creepy

Can't wait for season 2 lol

I need to watch Spice & Wolf. Gotta see if I should watch sub or dub though

timeless

All Star
Daps
Yeah Hells Paradise had a lot of shyt going on. That plant growth infection Tengen shyt is disgusting and creepy

Can't wait for season 2 lol

I need to watch Spice & Wolf. Gotta see if I should watch sub or dub though

Right. Plants growing out of their eyes and skin, roots coming out of their bodies. Really made me skin crawl for a while 🤢. But after all that I'm excited for season 2 as well lol.

The English dub is really good to be honest. Sounds more natural given the European setting. I couldn't watch it in Japanese, felt too off. I hope you like it!

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Solid episode and next one should wrap up Vol 2.

Ayano has a weird combination of being adorable attentive and also an oddball. Yuki messing with her, and she is so unaware of it. One thing interesting to note that Yuki and Masachika compliments the other say the other is better. Yuki mentioning she never beat her brother when he was serious. While Masachika mentioning how he feels inferior to Yuki. This brings the question of who Masachika really is?

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_3.51.36_PM.png

The conversation really brings some insight on the Kujou's sisters' relationship. We know that Alya is beyond hardworking and has great pride on it. Masha is in the background watching her and making her she has someone to support her. So despite what her feelings may or may not be for Masachika, as a sister see is beyond thrilled he is supporting Alya. It also brings into question is Yuki doing something similar for Masachika?

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_4.23.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_4.33.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_4.33.13_PM.png

Taniyama really brought the edge out. First instigating with Alya and when Masachika stepped in, things got worse. She acted like Alya was just a puppet for Masachika, which could be furthered from the truth. Curious how Alya bounces back for the challenge Taniyama dished out.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_4.36.04_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Senya going to need to command the respect of his 1000 Katawara, but getting to that point wasn't easy. But seeing one of the more weaker ones be the first to walk up is key. Now that can give confidence to the others. Though I imagine the stronger Katawara will harder to win over. Much of Mudo and Senya's fight is funny considering how their views differ. Mudo just wants to fight the strong and gain power. While Senya is more so aligning his powers to protect those dear to him. Through he just hasn't put into words.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_5.51.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_5.52.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_5.58.03_PM.png

The whole scene between Shinsuke and Senya was really wholesome. Sure, technically they were enemies. But Shinsuke always looked at Senya as a brat. He saved his life twice. These two continuing journeying together is nice. Now just the manner of saving Tsukiko now.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_5.30.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_5.30.07_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_5.31.15_PM.png

Shogun is really ready to die. Even suggesting there might not be enemy forces waiting for him. I am not sure if he was joking or not. I am curious what the cost that the Land God was mentioning.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_5.28.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-14_at_5.28.36_PM.png

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Caught up with Tower of God. At first I was like who the fukk are these characters and where's everyone at? Now it makes sense.

Caught up with Slime. Good season. This is more like a slice of life anime at this point with Rimuru building essentially a modern city. Enjoyed it.

Misfit of a Demon king was a waste of time.

Started watching Unwanted Undead Adventurer and it's got me hooked. A lot of likeable characters starting with the protagonist. Interesting to see where this goes and if it becomes generic but so far it's doing something that got me invested.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@LordDeathwatch @Jmare007

Suicide Squad Iseaki is decent, but fun is the best way to put it. Personalities of the squad in a generic isekai/fantasy world. There is a big dropoff in quality when the squad isn't on-screen. When they are its fun.

Would rate is 7/10. Good when you are in a mood for a fun mindless binge.

Wit did its thing outside 1 episode which didn't look great, but rest look great. The "My Deer Friend Nokotan" clearly has Wit's A team.

[Finale Spoilers] I figured this would be a 1 season thing, but the reveal of Joker at the end does tease the idea of a S2. It does make Harley's character more interesting. It was predictable, but I did like the switchero with the Princess and Harely. Though happy she didn't just become Harely 2.0.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Breh I watched like 5 minutes of the 1st episode and stopped, what the fukk was that show :dead:
It is basically brainrot comedy to the max. It's like one of those series that you know the author wrote when he was high or just trying to meme. I am still puzzled why Wit went so hard on it and OP blew up on Instagram and TikTok before the show even aired. Basically, you vibe with the stupidity, or you don't

Isekai Shikkaku is really the only comedy I fukk with this season. I guess Roshidere too, but that's only when Yuki is on-screen.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It is basically brainrot comedy to the max. It's like one of those series that you know the author wrote when he was high or just trying to meme. I am still puzzled why Wit went so hard on it and OP blew up on Instagram and TikTok before the show even aired. Basically, you vibe with the stupidity, or you don't

Isekai Shikkaku is really the only comedy I fukk with this season. I guess Roshidere too, but that's only when Yuki is on-screen.
When I saw those shytty CGI deer I was like :dahell: then the joke keep going on and on and just stopped :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
When I saw those shytty CGI deer I was like :dahell: then the joke keep going on and on and just stopped :mjlol:
You damn know those CGI Deer is 100% intentional on their part. Which makes the whole damn thing even funnier to me :pachaha:

It's def one of the anime projects that I can imagine the staff is having a blast making it.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch @Jmare007

Suicide Squad Iseaki is decent, but fun is the best way to put it. Personalities of the squad in a generic isekai/fantasy world. There is a big dropoff in quality when the squad isn't on-screen. When they are its fun.

Would rate is 7/10. Good when you are in a mood for a fun mindless binge.

Wit did its thing outside 1 episode which didn't look great, but rest look great. The "My Deer Friend Nokotan" clearly has Wit's A team.

[Finale Spoilers] I figured this would be a 1 season thing, but the reveal of Joker at the end does tease the idea of a S2. It does make Harley's character more interesting. It was predictable, but I did like the switchero with the Princess and Harely. Though happy she didn't just become Harely 2.0.
A 7? Well that's actually much higher than I anticipated, gonna have to move that up the backlog then. Just finished Wind Breaker so I've got to pick up another one this weekend. :wow: