timeless

All Star
Daps
Is that worth watching?
Oh, most definitely. The animation is a little different than typical shows, but the story is too and will keep you hooked. It's based off a Korean Web toon. My brother had introduced it to me and I've been watching it ever since.

If you end up liking it, you might like Solo Leveling as well. One of my top 3s of 2024.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Oh, most definitely. The animation is a little different than typical shows, but the story is too and will keep you hooked. It's based off a Korean Web toon. My brother had introduced it to me and I've been watching it ever since.

If you end up liking it, you might like Solo Leveling as well. One of my top 3s of 2024.

So is it voiced in Korean or Japanese?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Brazilian chick on Cafe Goddesses is a damn fool. The fukkery has doubled with her.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Getting caught up on one piece and this wano storyline is insane. Easily top 3 in the series. shyts all over whole cake.

Oden is easily one of the most masculine characters in fiction.
"...if it wasn't boiled" :wow:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Damn, I bought the bluray at launch, but it's still worth owning. I say this film is a must watch, and the quality of it was insane. I hope they tackle more stories from the franchise.
Inoue seemed to be content with closing the chapter on Slam Dunk with that film :mjcry: as far as I could gather, he's back to focusing on writing "Real".

I'll always be sad Slam Dunk never truly "ended" in a way, but this film at least felt like an awesome good-bye. People that read Vagabond got it worst than me, I never wanted to start it because I knew Inoue is never gonna pick it back up :wow: :francis:

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
455135927_1027859128702590_8523083111460411883_n.jpg

Hard Hitta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Battle Crack, MI
Ok so about a month ago I caught up with One Piece that took a looooong time. I've watched some anime while doing the one piece journey like jujitsu Kisan and demon slayer but what are some others I need to watch ASAP?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Inoue seemed to be content with closing the chapter on Slam Dunk with that film :mjcry: as far as I could gather, he's back to focusing on writing "Real".

I'll always be sad Slam Dunk never truly "ended" in a way, but this film at least felt like an awesome good-bye. People that read Vagabond got it worst than me, I never wanted to start it because I knew Inoue is never gonna pick it back up :wow: :francis:
Damn, that sucks because it feels like there were some more stories to be told. I can see ending with a focus on Ryota might be split among fans, but I thought the story was very good. At least they went out with a bang because that film was very good.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Dude has 3 Goat mangas, but 2 of them aren't finished, and you know people aren't happy with how Slam Dunk ended to what I understand. Sometimes with these mangaka they got some great fukking ideas, but executing it and putting it to paper is harder than most people realize. There is a reason why so many Weekly series (especially those that are published into WSJ) fall apart. Creating that great foundation is hard, but executing is even harder.

I believe the great mangaka minds should get someone to draw for them. Sousou no Frieren constantly goes into hiatus because Yamada-sensei is really thinking of ideas for the series. Now imagine if he did the art too. Then those hiatuses would be even longer.

I guess it is pride is why Inoue wants to still do the art for his series. It's like taking ownership of his work, which I can respect. But at the same time, it just makes things harder.

One fukking great manga that started within the last 10 years being "The Witch & The Beast" has been on hiatus since January 2023. When a great work goes on hiatus, you do feel frustrated in some ways because you want to experience more. I don't regret getting invested in the series because it's easily 10/10. It's why I do want to read all of Inoue's work because who knows will it finish or even comes back in the case of Vagabond, just the experience of experiencing his work is worth it.

I guess I can relate it to how Monogatari is as I have caught to what is airing now with Off & Monster season for the anime. Currently, he is writing Family Season as Off Season & Monster Season books are fully finished. While the anime will cover those last two, there has been no English translation for anything after Monogatari Final Season. So Off Season, Monster Season and Family Season (Ongoing) have no English translation.

There is hope that the anime brings Kodonsha to get off their ass and translate the novels. Even if that doesn't happen, I don't regret getting into the series. It's easily one of the goat Light Novels and Anime.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Dude has 3 Goat mangas, but 2 of them aren't finished, and you know people aren't happy with how Slam Dunk ended to what I understand. Sometimes with these mangaka they got some great fukking ideas, but executing it and putting it to paper is harder than most people realize. There is a reason why so many Weekly series (especially those that are published into WSJ) fall apart. Creating that great foundation is hard, but executing is even harder.

I believe the great mangaka minds should get someone to draw for them. Sousou no Frieren constantly goes into hiatus because Yamada-sensei is really thinking of ideas for the series. Now imagine if he did the art too. Then those hiatuses would be even longer.

I guess it is pride is why Inoue wants to still do the art for his series. It's like taking ownership of his work, which I can respect. But at the same time, it just makes things harder.

One fukking great manga that started within the last 10 years being "The Witch & The Beast" has been on hiatus since January 2023. When a great work goes on hiatus, you do feel frustrated in some ways because you want to experience more. I don't regret getting invested in the series because it's easily 10/10. It's why I do want to read all of Inoue's work because who knows will it finish or even comes back in the case of Vagabond, just the experience of experiencing his work is worth it.

I guess I can relate it to how Monogatari is as I have caught to what is airing now with Off & Monster season for the anime. Currently, he is writing Family Season as Off Season & Monster Season books are fully finished. While the anime will cover those last two, there has been no English translation for anything after Monogatari Final Season. So Off Season, Monster Season and Family Season (Ongoing) have no English translation.

There is hope that the anime brings Kodonsha to get off their ass and translate the novels. Even if that doesn't happen, I don't regret getting into the series. It's easily one of the goat Light Novels and Anime.
I've always wondered why they don't delegate tasks more in the manga industry. I guess it could be a pride thing like you mentioned. However, it seems for like the American comicbook industry they separate the duties between writer and artist. You get some cases like Jeff Lemire writing and drawing a whole series, but the norm is split tasks. I wonder if they were to delegate more if they would get better results and have less mental strain. At the end of the day its most likely more of a culture thing

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
2 Episodes in my Danmachi rewatch. I know that this season is plagued immensely by pacing issue. At the very least it has a strong start. As it sets up the war games arc. Cassandra's quote is actually some interesting foreshadowing that takes place. The wounded rabbit represents Bell as they provoke Hestia to start the war games by attacking them. The sun represents the Apollo family.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-12_at_9.34.08_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-12_at_9.34.26_AM.png

One concern bit is that as Hestia agrees to the War Game. Lili goes back to the Souma family. The War Game arc also has a sub arc to rescue Lili without Bell's assistance. Adding more to the plate of this show. Needing to showcase Bell training with Aiz, but also the Hestia Family saving Lili without Bell.