twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Finishing rewatching Danmachi S1. The last few episodes finish up strong. Though in a way it makes it frustrating because much of the season gives the anime feel like it is a very generic fantasy anime. Bell is a good-natured guy who the girls are drawn to. Adding part so much world building feels skipped in the anime since they make note of status and levels. Something foundational like level and statuses should be explained.

The last few episodes did numerous that can draw one's attention. The biggest being that Gods aren't allowed in the Dungeon. As Hestia and Hermes kept their disguise for a good portion of it. Quite obvious Freya is quite taken by Bell, but Hermes is trying to see what he is all about. He basically puts Bell against a wall and is able to hold off against the jealous adventures until Hestia and the others come by.

Interesting enough, we see what Hermes refers to as Hestia's godly might. All of a sudden, a God they held hostage has them shytting in their pants. What exactly does this imply?

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_10.40.19_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_10.44.44_AM.png

The curious bit is that the Dungeon is angry. Even something went out of calculation for Hermes. Still Bell is able to rally everyone alongside Ryu and Asufi to battle against it. For a monster that regenerates we see Bell being able to take it down, but Bell's skills have been so undefined that him jumping to be able to beat it feels weird. Essentially, his main skill invokes his feelings and those around him, but we have no idea beyond that.

@LordDeathwatch This part I did not remember and caught my eye. As we know, Bell's is on his coming of age journey to be a hero. What is interesting is that Hermes has a clear connection to Bell's grandfather as he calls him Zeus. Def something to keep in mind going forward.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_8.42.43_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_9.08.16_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_9.16.06_AM.png

Overall, I give my rewatch of S1 a 5/10. It's painfully average. It does have some promising stuff, but feels like a lot of information is missing that we should. We don't spend enough time in the dungeon, which is the most interesting aspect of S1 imo. Moving next to S2 for the rewatch.
Typical not great adaptation but if a premise is good or strong I always say read it to get a better feel too many anime have bad adaptation but source is good to great I haven’t done a rewatch on this in a long time but i normally enjoy it a lot still

Dungeon fukkery
More despair misleading trailer when shyt hits the fan
I’m assuming gonna be broken up in 2 parts with part 2 being :damn:
And part 1 leaving cliffhanger like :wow:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Typical not great adaptation but if a premise is good or strong I always say read it to get a better feel too many anime have bad adaptation but source is good to great I haven’t done a rewatch on this in a long time but i normally enjoy it a lot still

Dungeon fukkery
More despair misleading trailer when shyt hits the fan
I’m assuming gonna be broken up in 2 parts with part 2 being :damn:
And part 1 leaving cliffhanger like :wow:
Oh, yea mostly just examine it as an anime. I am aware of the adaptation has numerous issues in S1+S2. S3 gets things in the right direction and then S4 is fantastic.

Though I remember enjoying S1 more my first time watching it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Typical not great adaptation but if a premise is good or strong I always say read it to get a better feel too many anime have bad adaptation but source is good to great
A lot of people don’t understand this. A good adaptation is hard to pull off. I’ve read stuff and been throughly entertained but watched the anime and felt like it was very mediocre to poor. Prime example is Classroom of the Elite.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Finishing rewatching Danmachi S1. The last few episodes finish up strong. Though in a way it makes it frustrating because much of the season gives the anime feel like it is a very generic fantasy anime. Bell is a good-natured guy who the girls are drawn to. Adding part so much world building feels skipped in the anime since they make note of status and levels. Something foundational like level and statuses should be explained.

The last few episodes did numerous that can draw one's attention. The biggest being that Gods aren't allowed in the Dungeon. As Hestia and Hermes kept their disguise for a good portion of it. Quite obvious Freya is quite taken by Bell, but Hermes is trying to see what he is all about. He basically puts Bell against a wall and is able to hold off against the jealous adventures until Hestia and the others come by.

Interesting enough, we see what Hermes refers to as Hestia's godly might. All of a sudden, a God they held hostage has them shytting in their pants. What exactly does this imply?

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_10.40.19_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_10.44.44_AM.png

The curious bit is that the Dungeon is angry. Even something went out of calculation for Hermes. Still Bell is able to rally everyone alongside Ryu and Asufi to battle against it. For a monster that regenerates we see Bell being able to take it down, but Bell's skills have been so undefined that him jumping to be able to beat it feels weird. Essentially, his main skill invokes his feelings and those around him, but we have no idea beyond that.

@LordDeathwatch This part I did not remember and caught my eye. As we know, Bell's is on his coming of age journey to be a hero. What is interesting is that Hermes has a clear connection to Bell's grandfather as he calls him Zeus. Def something to keep in mind going forward.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_8.42.43_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_9.08.16_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_9.16.06_AM.png

Overall, I give my rewatch of S1 a 5/10. It's painfully average. It does have some promising stuff, but feels like a lot of information is missing that we should. We don't spend enough time in the dungeon, which is the most interesting aspect of S1 imo. Moving next to S2 for the rewatch.
Yeah when @twan83 first put me on, I told him this shiit was starting off like formulaic buns and a bunch of weirdo ecchi stuff. But it definitely tightened up at the end of the season, which bought my engagement for the 2nd season.

This series is one of the few that actually gets better as it progresses and never declines, to date. Twan blessed with this one because without someone vouching for it, would have bushed a couple episodes in

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Elusive Samurai Episode 6

Chapters 13-15 were adapting thoroughly and man they really creative this episode. Showing how dangerous Ichikawa's hearing is, his hearing range felt like Tokiyuki and Genba were near him. Loved how they animate Genba triggering both Ichikawa and Sadamune.
How they animated how terrifying Takauji was fantastic. It does differ then how it is in the manga, but I love the creative way it was handled. Here is how it was in the manga.

Cloverworks really delivering a spectacular episode.

Loved how creative the episode was. For Ichikawa for him to get a great gauge on where Tokiyuki and Genba were was great. Add to the whole interaction between Ichikawa and Sadamune really shows how terrifying they are as a pair. Even in the thick of the night, they are able to make up for the penalty of it being the night.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_12.39.07_PM.png

Honestly, they most likely would have gotten Tokiyuki if he didn't earn Genba's respect. Really shows what a good kid Tokiyuki is. Genba thought that Tokiyuki would desert him once the mission was down, but him taking a hit from Ichikawa for Genba really sold it. Of course, Genba talks about what he expects and Tokiyuki catches him by surprise each time. Genba really brings a lot of life to the party. Though Tokiyuki and Kojiro will need to be on top of him.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_12.42.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_12.42.40_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_12.42.43_PM.png

The showdown between Takauji and Prince Moriyoshi showcased how charismatic and terrifying Takauji is. When Yorishige mentions you can't assassinate him, this scene really shows why he says that. Effortlessly killing the Prince's henchman and winning the people over effortlessly. As Takauji makes good relations with the Emperor, the Prince knows the monster that Takauji is.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_1.07.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_1.09.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_1.10.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_1.11.01_PM.png

timeless

All Star
Daps
Anyone else watching Failure Frame? I'm digging the animation mix of 2D and 3D. They way he killed 'Humanity's Strongest' and his crew :mjlol:

Yup! It's really good. I like that the 3D isn't too much otherwise it'd be difficult for me to continue watching. Oh yeah he killed those dudes like they were nothing lol no hesitation. He's cold 🥶 and giving anti-hero vibes. Probably cause he's already messed up on this inside from all that childhood abuse.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yup! It's really good. I like that the 3D isn't too much otherwise it'd be difficult for me to continue watching. Oh yeah he killed those dudes like they were nothing lol no hesitation. He's cold 🥶 and giving anti-hero vibes. Probably cause he's already messed up on this inside from all that childhood abuse.
That and his classmates turned their back on him and treated him like trash when he didn't have "talents". Its like shield hero season 1 just more twisted.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Catherine hanging out in the ocean while hanging onto alcohol is definitely something. I have to say the perspective they went with Atri going after those guys was well down. I wonder if she was getting her memories back or something which caused her to hesitate. Or could it be something in her programming? Had me nervous that she was gonna miss and be captured.

UybKegR.png

They did an impressive job with Hana-sensei's character here. While she was able to pay off her debt, but the feeling you can't go back to the life you used to know is a relatable feeling. You get the feeling she really loved teaching, but got the feeling it wasn't sustainable going forward. Loved to see everyone welcome her back. Though Atri unable to cry like everyone else was a reminder she is a humanoid.

l7lxcqb8kp7.png

Atri did show off her strength that even got Ryuji impressed. Though I did get bothered that Natsuki wanted her to keep working while everyone else ate. Atri overall is still a mystery. She was worried about Natsuki when she was with Catherine at the beginning of the episode. Atri's character is more and more interesting.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_3.10.18_PM.png

It's spectacular that they got electricity working when it seems impossible. Though for Atri she can't express herself like she did. Like Natsuki mentions, she can express herself being happy with a smile. Really nice episode here.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_3.20.16_PM.png

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I can seem to get back into Danmachi:francis:

I end up dropping it every time I try to watch the latest seasons
If u keep dropping it not for you
You gave it a fair shot at least u can say that
Not referring to this series tho but just cuz something is popular and highly rated don’t mean it will resonate with you just not ur kind of show just drop it and see something else

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
If u keep dropping it not for you
You gave it a fair shot at least u can say that
Not referring to this series tho but just cuz something is popular and highly rated don’t mean it will resonate with you just not ur kind of show just drop it and see something else
I like it I just that when I tried to watch it certain things came up that caused me to stop watching

But really these type of shows are my thing :mjgrin:

timeless

All Star
Daps
That and his classmates turned their back on him and treated him like trash when he didn't have "talents". Its like shield hero season 1 just more twisted.
Yeah that actually made me want to root for him even more. One of the other bullied kids turned against him too. Everyone except that girl, I can't remember her name right now. I think she's the only one with a spine. Plus it's leading up to her going against that Goddess. I've never seen Shield Hero but my brother tells me it's pretty good too.