Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
No you are absolutely right and it's something I've always noticed. Their CGI is really, really bad. It never blends in with the environment making it look like a pop up book at times. I never knew people hated those films?? The cgi didn't look THAT bad to me... Speaking of

Did you check out the Avatar: Last Airbender on Netflix? The live action? The graphics look pretty damn good to be honest.

Ok Last Airbender was that bad….. but there was something else I was watching that was terrible.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Ok Last Airbender was that bad….. but there was something else I was watching that was terrible.

It wasn't that bad at all. Way way better than M. Night Shamalayan's (idk how the hell to spell his name) rendition.

Was it the One Piece live action you're thinking of?

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Anyone else watching Failure Frame? I'm digging the animation mix of 2D and 3D. They way he killed 'Humanity's Strongest' and his crew :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Well, it didn't take long for shyt to hit the fan. Got an interesting focus on Mermaids this episode. Mermaids seem to not really have personalities in of themselves but on those that they depend on. Makes sense why when Gordon died, Benedictine lost it. It does seem as Belle comforted her, she became more independent suddenly. Hopefully, this is a good thing.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_4.45.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_4.46.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_4.46.17_PM.png

Adonis main words is that Tiziano is the enemy. Making her the priority over the Underdogs. It even leads to temporarily forming an alliance with them so they can take care of Tiziano. Her grudge being against Adonis since she lost the man she loved. Although the question is if Adonis is telling the whole story. Given that Tiziano goes insane in the sight of Adonis. Though her playing God is going insane of itself.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_4.51.45_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_4.51.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_4.52.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_4.55.40_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_4.55.59_PM.png

We meet Adonis's father and what seems like other relatives. They state that they are outsiders and are neither good nor evil. Curious why they are with the Underdogs and Adonis is with the Topdogs.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_5.01.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_5.01.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_5.01.18_PM.png

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Days With My Stepsister makes for a pretty dry anime. I read fan translations of the first 6 novels and it was way more entertaining than this anime is.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Anyone else watching Failure Frame? I'm digging the animation mix of 2D and 3D. They way he killed 'Humanity's Strongest' and his crew :mjlol:
His killing and part of the whole vibe of the show reminds me of My Instant Death Ability is So Overpowered. Whole class on a buss transferred to another world. Protagonist has a silent killing ability. Protagonist is abandoned by his class and left to die. The rest of the class gets abilities and most let it go to their heads.

It also reminds me of So I’m a Spider So What and Arifureta.

I’ll probably pick up the novel. Maybe it’s better than the anime.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just finished up watching Owarimonogatari as I finished the last 3 episodes of it which concludes the arc Ougi Dark. Despite this releasing back 7 years ago in 2017, I will be fully tagging this post. As there are heavy spoilers that can make a dramatic effect on one's first viewing experience.

With that being said, Owarimonogatari etches Monogatari as the type of anime you ideally want for your high-quality Light Novel. For a series that is 100% dialogue, the direction immerses you, which is normally an issue with these dialogue eccentric shows. Pacing wise it is very well done. This one issue that series like Re:Zero, TenSura and Mushoku Tensei run into, but Monogatari handles it superbly well. When the writing is locked in, it delivers. The only issue is: The comedy is very Japanese, so that can throw one because it can be perverted at times. But it never interferes when the series needs to be serious.

Would find it puzzling to not include it on any top ten list for anime. Would make a note that this series is one you need to be locked in when watching. One thing that is for sure, this is a series that is timeless as the direction with the dialogue, themes and subject matter are stuff that is easy to come back to. Unlike with the case of Sports and Heavy Action series where those things rely on animation that can become dated and a need for a remake will come into demand.

Other adaptations that I have watched and heard great things about which are close to Monogatari are

• Legend of the Galactic Heroes
  • Apothecary Diaries
  • Rascal Does Not Dream
  • The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Baccano
Would add the remake of Spice & Wolf has been great. For more obscure Novels that don't have English Translations, Undead Murder Girl Farce & Yatagarasu: The Raven Does Not Choose Its Master shape up really well.

As Gaen puts it together, they needed to take care of two problems. First they needed to establish someone as the new God. Recalling that in Nadeko Medusa, Sengoku ended up being that God. It wasn't until she was saved by Kaiki that the position opened up again. The other issue was to eliminate Ougi Oshino.

Getting all the facts in order. When Shinobu came to this town, she ended up destroying both the God and the shrine. Which left a void that needed replacement for around 15 years. Logically speaking, it would make sense to appoint Shinobu as the new God. She fills the requirements needed as she had her first minion under her by the name of Seishirou Shishirui.

Now, normally this would be a no-brainer, but Koyomi performed a miracle and brought back Hachikuji from hell. Being a God can be seen as the ability to perform miracles. Hachikuji coming back is a miracle which keeps her from being swallowed by the Darkness or going back to hell. Now Hachikuji is all for this as her and Koyomi's relationship is very sweet. The question is well look at Sengoku, what happens if becoming a God changes her. The difference is that the apparition affecting Sengoku was a Snake. The snake consumed her as she became the Snake. However, for Hachikuji she is the snail apparition and the snail beats the snake. So she won't get consumed by the snake, so the issue of Sengoku won't happen here.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_7.34.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_7.44.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_7.46.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_7.46.49_PM.png

Next is the subject of Ougi Oshino. Gaen eludes that she is a monster, but is unknown. One thing that is a fact is that she is not Meme Oshino's niece. She isn't exactly the darkness, but a quasi-darkness. Much like how Koyomi is a quasi-vampire. In her mind, she brings balance much like the darkness does, but doesn't fulfil the role properly. The Darkness which we are aware of just wants everyone to fulfil their roles. It Ougi doesn't do exactly that that implies there is an edge case where even if everyone full fillies their roles and are happy, she will wrong fix what doesn't need to be fixed. Which is what makes her a danger according to Gaen.

The big shock is when Gaen tells Koyomi, and he reveals to us that the identity of Ougi Oshino is Koyomi Araragi. The problem is hold up how can this be? Well, Gaen makes the connection that Koyomi is similar to her older sister and Kanbaru's mom. Adding onto that all the things she has done in the past 6 months. She helped Koyomi resolve the incident of why Koyomi shut himself off. She forcefully resolved the dilemma with Sengoku where her obsession over him was unhealthy. Her becoming a God was the path for her to be saved. We had Koyomi facing Oikura his childhood friend and the mistake he made back then.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_7.57.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_8.05.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_8.22.43_PM.png

As we realized when Koyomi tackled the darkness which leads Hachikuji to reside her presence and move on to hell. This is where Koyomi learns of the phenomenon that corrects mistakes. Consider the fact that he couldn't save Hachikuji. It was him criticizing himself. In which the apparition known as Ougi Oshino would aid Koyomi in what he blames himself for. He blamed himself for what happened to Oikura and how he never helped her. He blamed himself for never really helping Sengoku get over her unhealthy obsession with him. The funny part is that Oshino last name did not come from Meme Oshino, but Shinobu. It's easy to forget that she is labeled Shinobu Oshino.

Then we have various cases with each character that Koyomi criticized and blamed himself.

• When he first meets Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade he saves her out of sympathy. He realized that is not what she truly wanted as she didn't want to die, but was lonely. He wanted to make up to her as he became her partner.
  • Hanekawa was Koyomi's first friend since the incident involving Oikura. She did so much to help him, but he continued to think if he deserves a friend like this.
  • For Senjougahara given that he saved her, she grew fond and fell in love with him. Koyomi criticized himself since he felt he took advantage of the situation.
  • With Kanbaru they had a fun dynamic, but he felt guilty he could never be like her. She was very straightforward and emotional manner.
  • With Sengoku while he did help her, if you recall from the Nadeko Snake in Bakemonogatari, he was able to save her, but not the two other classmates.
  • With Shinobu as they became closer, he criticized how he got these Vampire powers and whether if he deserved them or not.
All of these things, one by one, the apparition known as Ougi Oshino helped with. She was the one who dealt with the other adults which had Gaen to go after her. The constant criticism that Koyomi gave himself she was the one that fixed it and had him tackle it. The reason Gaen called her a quasi-darkness was that she full fillies the role, but only towards Koyomi's criticism of himself. As Gaen puts is he needs to tackle Ougi himself. He needs to tackle the criticism so he can grow up.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_8.23.48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_8.34.21_PM.png

When push came to shove, Koyomi couldn't kill Ougi. Time after time, the people that Koyomi cared about saved him in so many ways. The criticisms he had regarding their relationships brought him back up. Now as Ougi represents Koyomi, will he simply not save himself? Doing that would betray the actions of those who he held dear to him.

Thanks to Hanekawa, who brought Meme Oshino back, he was able to save Ougi Oshino. Calling her his niece. Was this a bluff or the truth? Given that Meme Oshino has been away since Bakemonogatari it is hard to say. Now Ougi Oshino has a place as Koyomi's underclassman, so the darkness couldn't remove her. Koyomi finally learns the lesson of he needs to love and take care of himself. He didn't care what happened to himself if so those that he cared about were ok. This was something he was unable to accept as he was willing to suffer eternally so that Hachikuji didn't have to leave. He was willing to go convince Sengoku when he was a God, and he used his powers if it just meant there was a chance to convince her, and he was never successful.

This was an important lesson for Koyomi. The big lessons for him to become an adult is to depend on others and learning to love himself. These are lessons that anyone can really relate to.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_8.50.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_8.50.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_8.56.53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_8.56.58_PM.png

As Owarimonogatari wraps up, we see that all the adults are busy and gone again. As graduation approaches, this symbolizes Koyomi, Hanekawa and Hitagi slowly becoming adults. Koyomi and Hitagi becoming even closer as they are being teased by Hanekawa and Hanekawa doing what she truly wants to do.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_9.11.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_9.11.43_PM.png

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The list of good light novels that need an anime adaptation announcement continues to grow shorter.:
Spy Classroom
The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
My Friend's Little Sister Has It In for Me
Tearmoon Empire
Reign of the Seven Spellblades
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian

Chitose Is in the Ramune Bottle
Haibara’s Teenage New Game+
A Tale of the Secret Saint
Secrets of the Silent Witch
Full Clearing Another World under a Goddess with Zero Believers
Private Tutor to the Duke’s Daughter
1723204466-d6f09727517eb7e8ce115e2ca47d8ad8.png

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
His killing and part of the whole vibe of the show reminds me of My Instant Death Ability is So Overpowered. Whole class on a buss transferred to another world. Protagonist has a silent killing ability. Protagonist is abandoned by his class and left to die. The rest of the class gets abilities and most let it go to their heads.

It also reminds me of So I’m a Spider So What and Arifureta.

I’ll probably pick up the novel. Maybe it’s better than the anime.
I haven’t watched It yet will once it’s done airing but im digging the novel I’m at vol 4
Kinda similar to arifureta but different also too

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finishing rewatching Danmachi S1. The last few episodes finish up strong. Though in a way it makes it frustrating because much of the season gives the anime feel like it is a very generic fantasy anime. Bell is a good-natured guy who the girls are drawn to. Adding part so much world building feels skipped in the anime since they make note of status and levels. Something foundational like level and statuses should be explained.

The last few episodes did numerous that can draw one's attention. The biggest being that Gods aren't allowed in the Dungeon. As Hestia and Hermes kept their disguise for a good portion of it. Quite obvious Freya is quite taken by Bell, but Hermes is trying to see what he is all about. He basically puts Bell against a wall and is able to hold off against the jealous adventures until Hestia and the others come by.

Interesting enough, we see what Hermes refers to as Hestia's godly might. All of a sudden, a God they held hostage has them shytting in their pants. What exactly does this imply?

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_10.40.19_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-09_at_10.44.44_AM.png

The curious bit is that the Dungeon is angry. Even something went out of calculation for Hermes. Still Bell is able to rally everyone alongside Ryu and Asufi to battle against it. For a monster that regenerates we see Bell being able to take it down, but Bell's skills have been so undefined that him jumping to be able to beat it feels weird. Essentially, his main skill invokes his feelings and those around him, but we have no idea beyond that.

@LordDeathwatch This part I did not remember and caught my eye. As we know, Bell's is on his coming of age journey to be a hero. What is interesting is that Hermes has a clear connection to Bell's grandfather as he calls him Zeus. Def something to keep in mind going forward.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_8.42.43_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_9.08.16_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-10_at_9.16.06_AM.png

Overall, I give my rewatch of S1 a 5/10. It's painfully average. It does have some promising stuff, but feels like a lot of information is missing that we should. We don't spend enough time in the dungeon, which is the most interesting aspect of S1 imo. Moving next to S2 for the rewatch.