storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I gotta get back into reading, the Hell Train arc is where I fell off.
I feel like SIU's break around that time really killed the momentum. It felt like ToG was gonna explode, but SIU had health issues. I kinda think he started rushing some events after that, because it's not until after the Hell Train that power creep gets tougher to manage.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
My advice would be to watch a "cut content" video after any episodes that get confusing. There's so much lore and skipped dialogue, that it's worthwhile. But I give the anime a ton of credit for still capturing the vibes and landing a lot of the big moments effectively even while they rush the plot along.

Heads will wanna be caught up by the Workshop Battles and Hell Train, because that's when it really peaks imo.
Yo thanks for this because I don’t want to read shyt.

I was like, “this anime about to turn me into a manga reader.”

:snoop::snoop:

But if they do cut so much out, it’s kinda like you have to read it.

The beginning was so fast with them going to the tower. I was like they not gonna do the whole introduction 1st episode anime thing? Lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
**LATE PASS**

I'm watching My Hero Academia for the first time. Just finished the Sports Festival tournament.
Heard that the manga just ended, too. :obama:
B75FFB129A774F9B368CAD82F37CCC4399F4EDCE

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They condensed damn near 80 chapters into 13 episodes

1st season they kinda skip through explaining some things or just say it one time so you gotta pay attention but you won't be lost plot wise

feel free to ask me or @storyteller in here or jump into the tower of God manga thread, it's so far ahead of the anime you won't have to worry about being spoiled you won't even recognize 99% of the names or characters being spoken about
I wonder why they butchered this so bad.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I wonder why they butchered this so bad.
Makes no sense because you see shows like Jobless and Frieren get tons of episodes dedicated to world building, Tower of God had all of that and it was arguably more entertaining, funny, the lore of the tower is :ohhh: worthy

if I was anime-only I wouldn't be as invested in these characters with how little they've given viewers to go off of

I personally think they just didn't respect the Korean manwha world and wanted to prove a point :yeshrug: they basically just giving people a highlight reel of events with almost none of the build up

At the very least the first season had a nice animation style and they soundtrack was heat rocks, shyt is noticeably not present in s2

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yo thanks for this because I don’t want to read shyt.

I was like, “this anime about to turn me into a manga reader.”

:snoop::snoop:

But if they do cut so much out, it’s kinda like you have to read it.

The beginning was so fast with them going to the tower. I was like they not gonna do the whole introduction 1st episode anime thing? Lol
Yeah fam, they FLEW through it. Like @T-K-G said, it's almost a highlight reel of the events. Not only did they condense a shytload of chapters, but SIU used to write long bits of lore at the end of each chapter. The anime could have expanded the world like crazy, but my theory is that they were scared to lose viewers in the downtime between action sets...but the downtime was loaded with character development, plotting, and betrayals...a lot of good shyt got dropped.

But the good news is I genuinely think this playlist is all you need to catch up. These dudes do a good job breaking down what you missed from each episode.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Yeah fam, they FLEW through it. Like @T-K-G said, it's almost a highlight reel of the events. Not only did they condense a shytload of chapters, but SIU used to write long bits of lore at the end of each chapter. The anime could have expanded the world like crazy, but my theory is that they were scared to lose viewers in the downtime between action sets...but the downtime was loaded with character development, plotting, and betrayals...a lot of good shyt got dropped.

But the good news is I genuinely think this playlist is all you need to catch up. These dudes do a good job breaking down what you missed from each episode.

Real ass nikka

I’m so glad I don’t gotta read shyt

:salute: :salute:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Real ass nikka

I’m so glad I don’t gotta read shyt

:salute: :salute:
Honestly reading ToG is nowhere near the chore as manga may be for some

It's all in color with dope designs, and like he said the author would add a TON of lore at the end of each chapter, all types of interesting things

Like how aging works for example, endorsi is 300 years old but shinsoo resistance makes her look 18

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Honestly reading ToG is nowhere near the chore as manga may be for some

It's all in color with dope designs, and like he said the author would add a TON of lore at the end of each chapter, all types of interesting things

Like how aging works for example, endorsi is 300 years old but shinsoo resistance makes her look 18
Yeah, those lore drops were loaded with interesting stories that added to moments in the story. In the anime, LeRoro says Irregulars bring chaos to the tower. In the manwha, we got descriptions of how much damage they really did at the end of the chapter (or next few). Those stories were dope as hell, made certain moments in these first two seasons more hype, and have some plot relevance in the long run.

I'm not sure how they could fit that type of lore into the anime. But it def wasn't a chore to read.