tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished watching Episodes 3-5 of Owarimonogatari finishing up the Sodachi Lost arc.

This honestly might have been one of the most depressing arcs in Monogatari. As the question to discuss being how did Oikura know that Koyomi's parents were police officers. We once again see Ougi Oshino making an appearance to "help" him. As Hanekawa senses the danger that bringing Ougi along brings, she suggests for herself to come with Koyomi. This is more so to prevent Ougi from accompanying Koyomi further. Kind of a highlight that Ougi is up to something.

We learn from Koyomi that Oikura was taken in by her parents since they knew of the abuse she was given at home. The strange point is that Oikura was quiet as the three Araragi kids went about their days. The weirdest part that comes out of all of this is why would Oikura go back home? More than likely it could be Oikura seeing what a normal household was and what she thought was normal isn't actually normal. The strangest part is why was Sengoku the only one who remembered Oikura.

As we learn from Oikura, she was stunned at looking at the Araragi kids happy. It was for the first time that she realized what a normal family is supposed to be. The abuse she was dealing with was not normal. That is why she ran away. More likely she sought out that normal from her own family, but that never was meant to happen. Even worse, she was trapped in that house with no way to reach for help. She tried to get Koyomi to help her in 7th grade, but things didn't go as expected.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_7.26.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_7.27.32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_7.51.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_7.51.54_PM.png

As we learn more about the situation from Oikura, she was abused by both of her parents. Her dad on the norm and from dealing all the abuse she received by her husband, Oikura's mother brought the same onto her. Eventually, the parents had the divorce which lead to Oikura living with her mom. As one can imagine, a single mom who was abused by her husband is now taking on the load of providing for her daughter. We hear disturbing things such as "Parents can't choose their kids." This directly implies that her mom didn't choose to have Oikura. Was this a situation forced upon by her husband and she was forced to bear with it?

It adds the point that while the mom isn't innocent of all this. You can imagine the pain how Oikura feels as her mother locks herself in her room. Essentially, Oikura takes care of her mother. Though she never left her room. Because her mother was still alive, they still had support from the government. Oikura didn't want her mother to live out of love. Much the opposite, she only cares for her to live so that she can survive. Compare this to Koyomi who has everything of a normal life.

So when Oikura went into high school she needed something to lash out against. After all she was miserable. All she can do to look back on was when Koyomi didn't help her back in 7th grade. She knows it isn't fair to blame him for what happened, but it was the only thing that kept her going. It comes back to the point when she thinks to herself, why can't she be happy?

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_7.42.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_7.42.36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_7.53.48_PM.png

One thing Hanekawa picked up is what really happened to Oikura's mother. Essentially, we learn how she locked herself in her own room. But why does Oikura think her mother is missing. We do know her mother never ate, assuming it is safe to say she killed herself via hunger suicide. The sad part is that her mom now became part of the trash and Oikura never realized it as those that cleaned their house took her mother's corpse away.

We get back to the type of character that Koyomi is. He always wants to take the burden, but here he wishes to accept Oikura's pain. He wants her to hate him because in doing she can move her hatred from herself to him. In many of the previous arcs, Koyomi is left wanting to save his relationship for those he cared about. But with Oikura this is impossible. There is no route where he is on the same good terms with Oikura because she is beyond miserable.

He learns from his failure in 7th grade. Instead of taking the knowledge that he did back then, he wants her to hate him. Redirecting that can now allow herself to love her. Sure, their friendship can't ever be much going forward, but at the very least Oikura can turn her life around. You can't be happy unless you love yourself. In that way, she can take the small steps of turning her life around.

She takes the news of her mother much better than one would expect when Koyomi tells her the news alone. Oddly, with news given as dreadful as this, you are left wondering why was happy starting at Koyomi? Simply put, them being alone reminded Oikura of the time she was tutoring him. It was true that despite the hate she may press on Koyomi now, she still views him as a dear friend. More than likely her first one.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_7.57.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_7.58.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_7.58.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_8.52.24_PM.png

As this arc wraps up, we are left wondering how all these events have played into motion since Ougi transferred into Koyomi's school. Their math teacher being on maturity leave which brought Oikura to come back to school. In a blink of an eye, Oikura is gone. Very likely that Ougi was involved for Tetsujo for being on leave. It feels like some events got pushed forward where more than likely by Ougi. Admittedly, seeing her being the first character to get under Hanekawa's skin was very interesting to see.

In speaking regarding Hanekawa, she mentions she will take a leave of absence, but will be seeing Meme Oshino during this trip. She definitely has something planned to help Koyomi down the line. Very curious what it is. The head match between Ougi and Hanekawa will be interesting to see. Also, given how much Oshino was slightly nervous regarding Hanekawa.

This wraps up the Oikura storyline very well. Very excited about what is next in store. Furthermore, how much Hanekawa's absence will play a part in it.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_8.58.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_8.59.23_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_9.01.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-04_at_9.01.08_PM.png

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That plot twist at the end of Code Geass Roze Episode 2 was brutal but I should have saw it coming.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Alright brehs I was wrong Snoozejutsu Kaisen is actually piff :ohhh:

It started picking up around the introduction of Junpei in season 1, then it was nonstop fades :wow:

I'm almost done with hidden inventory :merchant: then I'll watch the 0 movie before heading into shibuya :lupe:

It's kinda brutal for a Shonen imo
Buckle up :wow: hidden inventory just warming you up for one of the coldest sequences of fukkery in the history of shonen, I envy you being able to watch this for the first time

Balla

Superstar
Daps
You won't get the full brunt of it this season but definitely enough to fill your heart with venom towards that bytch

Praise Khun God :blessed: all my homies fukk with Khun God
Do I have to read the manga or is the anime enough? I heard they cut a lot of content out.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Do I have to read the manga or is the anime enough? I heard they cut a lot of content out.
They condensed damn near 80 chapters into 13 episodes

1st season they kinda skip through explaining some things or just say it one time so you gotta pay attention but you won't be lost plot wise

feel free to ask me or @storyteller in here or jump into the tower of God manga thread, it's so far ahead of the anime you won't have to worry about being spoiled you won't even recognize 99% of the names or characters being spoken about

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They condensed damn near 80 chapters into 13 episodes

1st season they kinda skip through explaining some things or just say it one time so you gotta pay attention but you won't be lost plot wise

feel free to ask me or @storyteller in here or jump into the tower of God manga thread, it's so far ahead of the anime you won't have to worry about being spoiled you won't even recognize 99% of the names or characters being spoken about
My advice would be to watch a "cut content" video after any episodes that get confusing. There's so much lore and skipped dialogue, that it's worthwhile. But I give the anime a ton of credit for still capturing the vibes and landing a lot of the big moments effectively even while they rush the plot along.

Heads will wanna be caught up by the Workshop Battles and Hell Train, because that's when it really peaks imo.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
My advice would be to watch a "cut content" video after any episodes that get confusing. There's so much lore and skipped dialogue, that it's worthwhile. But I give the anime a ton of credit for still capturing the vibes and landing a lot of the big moments effectively even while they rush the plot along.

Heads will wanna be caught up by the Workshop Battles and Hell Train, because that's when it really peaks imo.
I gotta get back into reading, the Hell Train arc is where I fell off.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
This fool wasting his time at a magical academy and he can't use magic. He needs to go to a school where he can work on his swordsmanship. He wasting his time.

Mash walked so this lil nikka could run.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
As I am watching through Danmachi S1, as much as I have mentioned, this season feels a lot worse than I remembered. The world Building feels very minimal and Bell's character has had very few redeeming factors. Hestia, when she is not simping for Bell, has so far been the best part of this rewatch. Lilli's small arc was ok. You empathize what she has been through, but you can't ignore the fact that she left Bell to die.

Though the scene where Bell encounters the Minotaur is great. Tracing back to episode 1 where Bell got saved by Ais. At this point, much of Bell's motivation has been about being an adventurer, but in many ways he is naive about what that is about. He essentially is the protagonist that wants to improve, but doesn't know how. This is evident as he still hasn't attempted to form a party 8 episodes in.

Here Bell is at a crossroads, does he allow himself to be saved by Ais again? Will every time he encounters an obstacle, will he depend on help? Ais is not a part of his party. By taking care of the Minotaurs here he begins his first step to be coming an adventurerr.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-05_at_9.33.15_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-05_at_9.33.44_AM.png

As this highpoint is reached in the anime, it is revealed in Bell's status is that his ability is All S. This is obviously an anime-specific issue since status stuff feels like common knowledge, and we have no idea how to interrupt this information.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-05_at_10.15.37_AM.png