tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man this shyt shouldn’t be funny…. The subject matter but gotdammit it has me rollng
This one gonna surprise a lot of people. It's really sneaky on how creative it is. Not to mention sensei is a fukking riot :mjlol:

The action was actually pretty solid in today's episode :ehh:which is just the cherry on top. Those that like Konosuba, Emmience in Shadow and Cautious Hero will enjoy it imo.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Put this one on the rotation
Decent so far .. Darker than what I thought it would be.

Failure Frame: I Became the Strongest and Annihilated Everything with Low-Level Spells

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished watching the last 4 episodes of Nisemonogatari, which covers the Tsukihi Phoenix arc. Tbh unlike Bakemonogatari and Kizumonogatari each of the arcs surrounding of the sisters isn't just that. Basically, we learn stuff about the other girls. Though honestly the only interesting stuff was with Senjougahara during the Karen Bee arc and Shinobu being heavily involved in the Tsukihi Phoenix arc. Now regarding Tsukihi Phoenix.

The big information drop within the last two episodes is that Tsukihi is possessed by an immortal bird. Neither of the sisters know of this. Of course, there is no doubt that Karen would accept Tsukihi. But for Tsukihi to know the truth would absolutely crush her. The big thing that this arc tackles is how do you deal with the real vs the fakes? For Oshino we know he cared about the balance. Meanwhile, for Kaiki he held more interest in the fake while Kaeguni believed in the real.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-16_at_11.06.53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-16_at_11.06.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-16_at_11.13.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-16_at_11.14.25_PM.png

Much like with the Karen Bee arc, this arc really shows Koyomi showcase his role as a big brother. Much like with Karen and how she needed to be ok with being a fake hero. Essentially be a defender of justice, but to let her big brother handle the serious issues in her time of need. For Tsukihi she is more delicate and is a target of both Kaeguni and Ononoki. Regardless of her being fake or not, she is still his little sister. And no matter what, he will continually strive to protect her.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-16_at_11.31.07_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-16_at_11.31.10_PM.png

As Shinobu takes care of Ononoki, Kaeguni decides to call a retreat. I guess facing both Shinobu and a regenerating Koyomi might be a little too much for her. It does offer a little better conclusion here where their win feels more definite. As opposed to bullying Kaiki to stop his shady business.

The one interesting part is what will Koyomi do next regarding Tsukihi. It's a very delicate matter.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-16_at_11.36.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-16_at_11.36.06_PM.png

I would rate Nisemonogatari an 8/10. It does a good job at showcasing the bond between Koyomi and his sisters. Issues being the SoL episodes and the fan service somewhat hinder the pacing of the arcs. The toothbrush scene is the common example of this. Overall, this is still a solid entry in the Monogatari series.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Put this one on the rotation
Decent so far .. Darker than what I thought it would be.

Failure Frame: I Became the Strongest and Annihilated Everything with Low-Level Spells

the animation is crude as hell. It reminds me of Outlaw Star animation wise.

But the jankyness of the animation and tone kinda gives it this.... david lynch feeling?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Is Elusive Samurai already the best animated show of the season? :whoo: that kill was ridiculously satisfying
It's Cloverworks best team working, (Same ones that did Bocchi, WonderEgg and Bisque Doll) so I would say yes. Though Wistoria is close behind it in terms of animation for this season.

My Deer Friend Nokotan is also really well animated for an over the top stupid gag comedy as it is Wits main show. Now whether one enjoys the comedy is another matter.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Roshidere Episode 3

They are really adapting Volume 1 minus skipping dance scene of the flashback.

This episode really nailed the type of characters Alya and Masachika are. Alya is a very demanding person. As we saw when she was younger, seeing how other kids didn't have her commitment. She decided I was better off doing it on my own. Unfortunately, things that are designed to be worked on as a group are a struggle to get the same quality working on it by yourself.

As we see Alya's first impression of Masachika, we have the same first impression we had in the first two episodes. A lazy otaku basically. But Masachika's big lesson for Alya was work smart and put people in position. Here you can see he does that, but he is considerate not to run over Alya's ideals. His is an example that you can't judge a book by its cover.

One thing we learn is that Alya can't stand being called princess. While she is beautiful and smart, she takes a lot of pride in her work. Masachika asking for a nickname is also respecting that. Of course, her letting him call her Alya is also a sign of the respect he earned and how she fell in love with him. Although she still doesn't realize it yet.

The beginning and end of the episode really showcased Masha well. To Alya she is an endearing and affectionate older sister. A pure, gentle soul. While to the rest of the student council she is just a fun person to be around, but is incredibly considerate of those around her.
The best episode so far for me.