tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah, shouldn't they wait like at least 60 more chapters to even start production on this? Shueisha still got like 5 more years to eat off what's left of DS, JJK, MHA and even CSM :pachaha: Hell, if Dandadan is a hit -which by any indication, it should- they got another one to keep the streets fed too.
Well, this is more a manga issue than an anime issue. JJK and MHA will be done by the end of the year and WSJ doesn't have a massive popular series to replace these two. (Obviously ignoring One Piece since that has been a mainstay forever) Blue Box should blow up even more than it already is, but a romance/sports/sol is a different kind of series. Kagurabachi is WSJ first big hit in years, and it has potential to grow. Obviously, an anime can maximize on that.

A situation in My Hero is more than likely where the anime comes just around 2 years since the manga came out. Late next year or sometime in 2026 is what I expect. Yes you have Sakamoto Days, but that has more potential in become the next JJK and MHA IMO.

Regarding Dandadan that is Jump Plus series so it doesn't apply with the above.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
This season that bad?

Season was more about getting to know the characters we've been following and seeing their interactions with each other.

I thought it was dope to see Tanjiro be that dude amongst his peers and getting to learn a bit more about the Hashira and their motivations. And then the final episode was fire. 10/10 payoff.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Well, this is more a manga issue than an anime issue. JJK and MHA will be done by the end of the year and WSJ doesn't have a massive popular series to replace these two. (Obviously ignoring One Piece since that has been a mainstay forever) Blue Box should blow up even more than it already is, but a romance/sports/sol is a different kind of series. Kagurabachi is WSJ first big hit in years, and it has potential to grow. Obviously, an anime can maximize on that.

A situation in My Hero is more than likely where the anime comes just around 2 years since the manga came out. Late next year or sometime in 2026 is what I expect. Yes you have Sakamoto Days, but that has more potential in become the next JJK and MHA IMO.

Regarding Dandadan that is Jump Plus series so it doesn't apply with the above.
Shueisha owns all of them though, they get their money one way (manga volumes) or another (blue rays or theater box office). My point is that rushing to get a Kagurabachi anime only means you have to wait at least two more years for the manga to get enough chapters out so instead of having that big of a gap, wait till there's 100-120 chapters so they can make the anime an ongoing thing.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Say what you will about the story of MHA right now. Bones is cooking right now and adapting it well. :ehh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Shueisha owns all of them though, they get their money one way (manga volumes) or another (blue rays or theater box office). My point is that rushing to get a Kagurabachi anime only means you have to wait at least two more years for the manga to get enough chapters out so instead of having that big of a gap, wait till there's 100-120 chapters so they can make the anime an ongoing thing.
But you are missing my point getting a replacement for MHA & JJK is a massive priority for them. Having a headliner for the biggest manga magazine and maximizing on its potential is k important.

Also you missed my point but the anime comes out it would have 80-120 chapters. It’s not like the anime would come now.

It’s more so them having a new face of the magazine. They can’t depend on One Piece forever.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Noe that makes way more sense.
It ultimately depends on who ends up running the anime. Kagurabachi manga is similar to JJK in the sense that I think the art, paneling and choreography is meh in the manga. Mappa would be a great fit as their A team can fix those weak points, and, like JJK be able to make the strong points of the series shine. Tbh Mappa could finish Pt 1 of CSM before Culling Games starts and put it on the back burner. Since Part one gives a solid conclusion in itself where there is no need to rush to start Part two.

A-1/Cloverworks or Podcution IG/Wit could be options as well. I would be shocked if a big name didn't handle it. Maybe the studio that branched from Mappa that did Pluto as the wild card? Mostly speculation on my end.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Sengoku Youko Episode 10 was a great one that really emphasizes on who is the strongest.

Instead of following the Mountain God's plans, Tama wishes to go after Jinun. A gamble where while they are no match for him, if they get the Mountain Goddess to interfere, it could be worth it. One big moment from the fight was Jinka seeing him surviving two attacks from Jinun. Essentially, it gave him the boost to think this isn't' completely impossible. Jinka gets a big boost, but is only able to get a draw with Jinun. Really showcasing the difference in strength.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_11.56.09_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_12.04.15_PM.png

Tama gets what she wants and the Mountain Goddess interferes. But she awakened a monster that she shouldn't have tempted herself with. Essentially, without effort, she takes care of both Dinun and Senya rather effortlessly. At this point, they know they shouldn't tempt fate against her. But her demands are rather gruesome. Eating either Tama or Jinka. Poor Shinsuke still feeling too weak as a sacrifice and feeling powerless once again.

Truly, at this point there is no denying the Mountain Goddess now as they head to the temple of Dangaisyuu.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_12.07.24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_12.08.38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_12.10.31_PM.png

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

Damn!!! I ain’t know JJK was biting THAT many styles

Since it’s in fashion to diss a certain rapper “for the coli clout”:troll:

JJK may be the Drake of anime :mjgrin:

This is ridiculous

"I'm not a writer, I'm a biter"...word to Jay-Z

Regarding Dandadan that is Jump Plus series so it doesn't
apply with the above.
MHA will be done before the summer is out, they already which Jump will be its final chapter.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Elusive Samurai Episode 2

Damn Cloverworks really putting the work in. So far, it has easily been a 10/10 adaptation :wow:

This episode adapted both chapters 2+3 beautifully. Man, they really extended and elevated the nightmare sequence for Tokiyuki. That was only 1 page in the manga. God damn. Even adding how the fight was beautifully animated. As for the episode itself.

This delivered on setting the tone of the series. This series is called "The Elusive Samurai". Tokiyuki isn't one who needs protection really he needs help defeating his foes. This is precisely the role that both Ayako and Kojiro fill. Brutality in this episode is right where episode 1 was

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_12.46.48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_12.49.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_12.49.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_12.53.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_12.53.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_12.59.26_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_12.59.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_1.09.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_1.10.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-13_at_1.11.08_PM.png

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Had to drop Hunter X Hunter. If you took everything I hate about battle shounen and condensed it into an anime it would be this

Matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised if this was the manga/anime that created the tropes

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This season that bad?

Just finished and I wouldn't score it that low but its a training arc to set up for the final arc. They had to give audiences a backstory for the Hashira someway or another and this was probably the best option. I'm an anime only watcher so I don't know how closely they've adapted the manga.

I did read though they're forgoing a final season and giving a trilogy of movies which is different. DS fans, how do y'all feel about that decision :jbhmm:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Two romance seasonals debuted today.

The first being "Atri: My Dear Moments". Which is based on a visual novel. A short one. You have the male MC, Natsuki Ikaruga who has issues walking since he lost a leg when he was young. Meanwhile, Atri is the Female MC who is a humanoid. Despite looking and feeling really human, she is a robot. But a really advanced one. Like her personality is strong it is difficult to think.

A well directed and beautifully animated first episode. Def a watch for romance fans.

The 2nd being, "Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!". First to put out this anime is being done by the Kaguya team, the direction and visuals really highlight it. It was outstanding. Now the premise here is basically the MC is helping these girls who have had their heart broken. It's a unique concept, I am curious how they go about this since in the Ln RomCom genre it isn't explored too much. So curious how it goes.