T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Watched Two more seasonals and liked both of them.

First is "The Magical Girl and the Evil Lieutenant Used to Be Archenemies" Title explains what the series is very well. Very much a fluff shoujo romance. Though Bones is really going all out on this one. The opening animation sequence was beautiful. Episode lengths are only 15 mins, but quality over quantity is always important. Direction was fantastic as well.

OP & ED Below

The other is "No Longer Allowed In Another World". I started reading the manga yesterday, and it is a very good Iseaki Parody. @T-K-G I think you will like it since you liked Konosuba a lot. It takes the character Osamu Dazai, which similar to the one in BSD and like him is based on real life one.

Overall the first episode did a great job of adapting the first two chapters. The comedy really hit home. Much like My Deer Friend, it makes for a great comedy for a weekly watch. OP is below

Appreciated

I tend to pick 1 or 2 joints out of a genre and stop there tho :hubie: I get burnt out of shyt im looking at is too similar to one another

timeless

All Star
Daps
Finished watching Mashle and currently watching Yatagarasu: The Raven Does Not Choose it's Master and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Gonna finish up Chainsaw man this week sometime - the fukkery just builds and builds with this one
will also finish Towa No Quon (like an Anime Young X-men)
And Kaiju no 8, have 2 or 3 more eps to watch

Just finished The Legendary Hero is dead- it was funnier than I thought it would be, & action packed.
brehs had some wild fetishes in this one.

Finally got to Season 3 of Psycho pass - had to catch all the movies that fall in between the second and third season and they did not disappoint

started
the Suicide Squad Anime
Hell Girl
Housing Complex C
The New Gate
My Wife has no emotion (needed something to watch with the wife, she actually likes it)

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished watching Kizumonogatari Part 1: Iron-Blooded. The first first movie in the Kizumonogatari trilogy.

This takes place during the mentioned Spring Break that was mentioned in Bakemonogatari. Essentially meets the vampire that is dying known as Shinobu in Bakemonogatari, but here she is known as Heart-under-blade. With her limbs gone even as a vampire she will die. No surprise Araragi is traumatized seeing what is right in front of him. But much like was the case in Bakemonogatari, he decides to save someone if he can. Even if means him dying.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-09_at_9.03.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-09_at_9.03.46_PM.png

But despite what he thought, Araragi now has turned into a vampire and a servant under Heart-under-blade. Although given that she is in a body of a child, she is only capable of doing so much. As she wants to return to her full power, Araragi wants to return to being human. Since Heart-under-blade getting her strength back would allow her to do that.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-09_at_9.21.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-09_at_9.21.41_PM.png

The issue being here is that the 3 Vampire Exterminators were able to easily take care of Heart-under-blade when she had her full power. Clearly with all three working together this is an issue. In comes Meme Oshino, which we know from Bakemonogatari. Unlike those 3 he considers himself a negotiator of sorts. Where he seeks to keep the balance between humans and monsters/apparitions. We know if how much he has helped Araragi in Bakemonogatari, so curious what Oshino has up his sleeve this time.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-09_at_9.39.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-09_at_9.40.07_PM.png

As this the first of 3 parts for Kizumonogatari, no surprise this is on the slow side. Although it was cool to see how Araragi became a vampire, and we know he turns back into human. The issue now is how do the 3 of them pull it off? Overall I would give Kizumonogatari Part 1: Iron-Blooded an 8/10.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Man I been waiting years for this to come back

I mean given the fact that it went from being a weekly manga in WSJ to being published in Jump Giga, which updates once every 3 months. Black Clover anime ain't coming back till the manga finishes.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I think Alya episode 2 was better then 1. Well directed and the Yuki reveal made the whole episode comedic gold. Not to mention how much of a scheming otaku gremlin she is. Curious how they finish up book 1. If they finish it up in 2 episodes or 1.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished Watching Kizumonogatari Part 2: Hot-Blooded. The first 2nd movie in the Kizumonogatari trilogy.

Despite this film being the part where Araragi gets the body parts back for Heart-under-blade. In the first fight we see him battle Dramaturgie. Him being a full vampire it would make you think that he would be the hardest of the 3. Unlike Heart-under-blade, he has issues regenerating. Which really makes you wonder how she got beaten in the first place? Essentially it was a fight of attrition for Araragi as he just needed to take out Dramaturgie's eyes. After that he won because it would take him two years to regenerate.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_2.49.23_PM.png

In the 2nd match against Eclipse, against someone who is half-vampire, half-human. His fighting style was very bizarre to say the least. One thing that was very striking is when he calls Araragi a monster. But the ironic thing is that in his intentions Eclipse is truly the bigger monster. The moment that defines that is when Eclipse strikes down Hanekawa. He targets a defenseless human. It shows that as much as he hates vampires, he hates humans as much.

At this point we have seen how Hanekawa being Araragi's first friend meant a lot to him. He was able to admit his true feelings why he was being cold to her. You can only imagine what he is feeling when she is struck down. His anger puts him in position to quickly take care of Eclipse and if it wasn't for Oshino, Araragi would have killed him. Now the weird part is how Araragi saved Hanekawa from dying. He gives him his blood, but she doesn't turn into a vampire? Which feels like a contradiction based on what we know.

Regardless their farewell as a sweet moment as he wants her to be safe. Considering that her being around is more of a hindrance for him. As she understands that they have a very anime farewell.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_7.20.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_7.22.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_7.37.07_PM.png

Of course things aren't going as expected as Hanekawa gets kidnapped by Guillotinecutter. As the most human he is probably the most evil. Obviously going against a vampire for a human sounds like an impossible task. You understand why he would use anything at his means to do this. But it doesn't hide the fact how much of a scum he is.

Now this is the part of the movie where it should have been longer. It seems that Araragi is able to rescue Hanekawa and take care of Guillotinecutter. IN which a tree appears? What is this tree, and why was this match so anticlimactic? Assuming a match will happen in part 3 between Araragi and Heart-under-blade why did she have trouble against Guillotinecutter?

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_7.29.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_7.44.20_PM.png

Overall I would give this an 8/10. It had more highs than part 1, but was less consistent to me. Araragi and Hanekawa's relationship being the best part. Though admittedly having watching Bakemonogatari and how his relationship builds with Senjougahara as she becomes his girlfriend, it makes things awkward at times between him and Hanekawa.

The biggest thing going in is what was Oshino's mistake? The ending gives the impression that Araragi will stay as a vampire, which we know from Bakemonogatari isn't true as far as we know.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This season that bad?

I feel like the score is over exaggerated. But the review has some merits. I wish more episodes were like 2 & 7 as it mentioned. Those were fantastic SoL episodes. The rest of the SoL episodes were kind of an afterthought. Though episode 8 was great as it really did a great job at hyping up the movie trilogy.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Finally watching my hero Academia two heroes.

This movie sucks bc it's set right after USJ invasion in the story, so way at the fukking beginning :comeon:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just finished rewatching Ep 7 of Sengoku Youko and this episode really showcases how great the series is in both writing and hard it is not afraid to throw punches. :mjcry: White Fox animation just the icing on the cake. Easily a 10/10 episode even on a rewatch.

One thing that is clear in this episode that Jinka's hatred of humans has dissipated a lot. You can create that to traveling with both Shinsuke and Shakuyaku. Along with the other encounters they have had. I do like his wish to still being fully katawara and being is that he wants to stay with Tama forever. Still the issue of losing his humanity is one he shouldn't take lightly.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_8.35.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_8.35.34_PM.png

One big lesson for Shinsuke that he gets from Kagan is to communicate with Arabuki the sword. After all as it is a magic sword, using the power properly for one such as Shinsuke isn't an easy thing to suddenly do. The communicate part isn't obviously required to wield the magic sword, but it is a lesson of how you would train yourself to use it. Which is what Shinsuke needs the most. The saddest part is that this is a parting lesson from Kagan, which both Shakuyaku and Shinsuke couldn't imagine happening. :mjcry:

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_8.40.59_PM.png

The rest of the episode went from a battle of Douren vs Jinka to a fight to protect the pregnant woman. But one thing that this episode makes very clear, each of the 4 Dangaishuu generals and their motives are not one and the same. Douren prides himself in his duties, but his biggest desire is to have an honorable battle. This gets ruined by Resshin who figures out Tama is hiding out and seeks to kill all that are with her. This is one of those rare instances where communicating who they were protecting to Douren would have saved Shakuyaku's life, but going in that wouldn't have made sense.

In both a sad and beautiful way to go out for Shakuyaku. The saddest line is when she called herself a monster. But as she gets stabbed by Resshin she makes the point of sacrificing herself. Unlike the case with Higan she doesn't disappear, which gives the indication that she isn't dead. But more than likely her humanity is sacrificed.

To make her sacrifice even more meaningful, the woman is born with twins. One boy and one girl. The boy named Kagan and the girl named Shakuyaku. In essence, it is the coexistence of Shakugan who saved them. Despite their sacrifice their names are carried on in new life. Douren empathizes with the group to leave as this is a dishonorable outcome. But the moment Jinka realizes what had happened is when it truly hits the hardest. Truly one of the best episodes of the year.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_9.00.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_9.01.24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_9.03.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-10_at_9.04.13_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

We are seeing a trend now that bigger companies buying the independent studios. More issue for anime industry which had enough problems already.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I feel like I caught we everything or a lot of shyt ended (them fukking 12 ep shows)

I need to be put in to something else

Watching the Suicidal Isekai
Watching the Strongest Magician works for Demon Lord
Watching the 30+ year old adventurer
Watching the SS Isekai

What else out there is good to watch?