tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Watched the first episode of My Deer Friend Nokotan.

Why is Wit going so hard for this Gag series. It's so over the top I love it. @Jmare007 this anime has the signature well animation and directing from Wit. But it's so over the top stupid and it got me laughing the whole episode. :mjlol:. Honest this works perfect for a weekly watch. Wit really doesn't miss these days.

OP & ED below

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Watched the first episode of My Deer Friend Nokotan.

Why is Wit going so hard for this Gag series. It's so over the top I love it. @Jmare007 this anime has the signature well animation and directing from Wit. But it's so over the top stupid and it got me laughing the whole episode. :mjlol:. Honest this works perfect for a weekly watch. Wit really doesn't miss these days.
I've been spending my off time watching Eurocup and Copa América + playing Elden Ring for the first time.

I'ma have a ton of shyt to watch in a couple of more weeks. Haven't even finished Kaijun n.8 :blessed:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
3 more new seasonals.

First was "VTuber Legend: How I Went Viral after Forgetting to Turn Off My Stream"

The easiest way to describe it as a VTuber forgot to turn off their stream. Started getting drunk and kept it on all night and blew up. The shyt in this was almost as insane as the Deer Friend anime. Had me laughing the whoel time :russ: Visuals were actually pretty solid.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-07_at_5.08.40_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-07_at_5.09.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-07_at_5.21.21_PM.png

2nd one was "Narenare -Cheer for You!-"

From a visual standpoint this episode was wonderfully animated by Pa Works this being one of their 2 originals. It's a cheerleading anime which doesn't sound interesting in itself outside of flexing on animation. Although it does potential approach the topics of overcoming injuries and trauma/fears. Feels like a style or substance anime, but given Pa Works is one of the better studios I will stick with it.

Last one was "A Journey Through Another World: Raising Kids While Adventuring"

The title basically does it job in illustrating what this anime is. An iseaki where you adventure while raising OP kids you found abandoned. This is an isekai that does nothing remarkable, but at the same time nothing to set you off. 2nd episode was really wholesome and the kids were you really cute. So those that like that vibe will like it.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Sengoku Youko highlights the question of what is the difference between human and katawara. What this episode does a fantastic job here is having Shakuyaku fight Higan instead of Jinka. The big reveal in this episode Shakuyaku doesn't just have the power that Kagan possessed. But rather Kagan's existence lives inside Shakuyaku. In essence their new name is Shakugan, which symbolizes Shakuyaku accepting Kagan.

Meanwhile, we see the other side of the coin where Higan just viewed her katawara's conscious as unnecessary baggage. This highlights the old scenario of having power doesn't make someone bad, but how do they use it. Shakuyaku and Kagan working together, meanwhile Higan working for her own interests.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_10.41.14_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_10.42.11_AM.png

This is even highlighted as Higan was defeated by Jinun, the dragon. Ultimately something that she doesn't realize until her brother Raidou points out. Her excuse of her action for the being of her family hold no weight. Raidou was fine being underappreciated as long as the family was together. At the end of the day her actions were just so she can become more human again. In a way it really shows you how messed up the Dangaishuu with their experiments. While you can understand why she hated what she became, it doesn't justify her actions.

This point even raises to Jinka. He wants to be fully katawara, but looking at Higan she essentially became one through experimentation. But she just wanted to be human at the end of the day. Does Jinka truly want it as much as he thinks? Also, more and more his outlook on humans is not as simple as he thought it was. Shakugan's existence is proof of that. The dynamic between humans and katawara isn't black and white.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_10.52.50_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_10.54.31_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_10.54.33_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_10.54.49_AM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Trying out the other two PA Works shows this season.

The first being Mayonaka Punch. The premise is basically Masaka was part of a Streaming Channel with her two friends, but she ended up getting kicked out. Now she tries her luck now teaming with a Vampire. Visually the episode was very nice. Masaki def has anger issues, but PA Works did a great job correlating her frustrations with the comments about her. Looks like a fun watch which is technically a revenge plot.

The second being Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, which is based on the game of the same name. The protagonist is basically a spoiled goddess who has never worked a day in her live. And now she is forced to investigate the demons where her parents were last seen and cultivate rice. Well Sakuna acts as more of a gremlin than a typical goddess, so this could be fun. Signature PA Works here as well. Impressive all 3 of their shows this season are already finished.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Anybody watch that new show they're calling Code Geass? It's not actually written by the original writers those two just came up with the concept for it and handed it off to someone else. It's also not directed by the original director.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished Watching the last arc of Bakemonogatari: Tsubasa Cat.

This arc focus on Tsubasa Hanekawa, whom is a closer friend of Araragi. Her aspiration that she has is the Sawari Neko. Essentially it is primarily due to stress. Essentially she transforms into her Cat form to deal with said stress. We know how strict Japanese parents can be so it does make sense. Now the parents didn't die, but given that they were attacked by their daughter you can't be surprise that they left her. Even more so why Hanekawa deals with the abuse from her parents. Very likely she blames herself for what happened.

Now the real kicker is what if these were the strict loving parents? Parenting is hard so that stress could have happened naturally and Hanekawa had trouble dealing with it. Overall it's a shytty situation and the Neko personality went the easy way to getting rid of that stress. Problem is the quickest way of dealing stress is not the best route.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-05_at_8.44.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-05_at_8.47.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-05_at_8.49.43_PM.png

The new stress that Hanekawa is dealing with is the fact that she loves Araragi. Presumably he saved her way back in spring break. Unlike Senjougahara, who is very direct and confident about her feelings, Hanekawa isn't. In fact, she swept her feelings under a rug once Araragi and Senjougahara started dating. Why the Cat personality wasn't much calmer and not in a rampage was the fact that the easiest solution is for Araragi to break up with Senjougahara and accept her feelings.

While it is true that Araragi wants to help all those dear to him. At the same time that solution to relieving Hanekawa's stress would just be doing so to save a person. Earlier in the arc during his date with Senjougahara, you really had a handle that he loved her truly. To say he had the same for Hanekawa would be a lie. He thinks of the world of Hanekawa, but abruptly making that choice would be disrespectful to himself, Hanekawa and Senjougahara.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_8.55.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_8.55.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_9.08.48_PM.png

Now with that solution no longer being an option, the Cat Personality simply goes out to kill Araragi. Logically speaking if he is gone the stress for Hanekawa is gone as well. Throughout the season Araragi would go out his way to save others. With most of the time he would risk himself to do so. In now, we are in the same situation again. If he dies Hanekawa is saved. But there are so many issues with that. First Senjougahara would seek out to kill Hanekawa. But the biggest issues are that everyone would be upset of him being gone. Hell adding to the stress point for Hanekawa, imagine realizing you killed the person you love. The stress would be unbearable for her.

Araragi finally learns from his mistakes and asks Shinobu to take care of the Cat personality once again. For him to realize this finally was very important. Now given we don't have a clear knowledge of Araragi's history with Shinobu too well some scenes may have lost impact for me. The important thing is since Sawari Neko responds to stress there is no solution to permanently get rid of it. After all stress is something that can always come back, and it is more important how you handle it. In this case Araragi handled it the best he could have given the circumstances.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_9.14.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_9.23.27_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-08_at_9.23.45_PM.png

As a first time watcher Bakemonogatari, was outstanding. Through each of the 6 characters how they tackled each trauma very effectively. Correlating what is affecting them with a very relatable circumstance. Along with that some amazing direction to really capture your attention even if the episode was essentially filled with people talking.

Overall would give Bakemonogatari a 10/10.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Anybody watch that new show they're calling Code Geass? It's not actually written by the original writers those two just came up with the concept for it and handed it off to someone else. It's also not directed by the original director.

That shyt randomly popped up on Hulu the other day I was :mindblown: .

I'll check it out, I liked Akito OVAs and the OG series is classic

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Back on My Hero Academia for season 7. Actually spent most of this hurricane day reading the final showdown chapters :skip:

I like where the story is for this season, some dope shyt coming for all the characters :ehh:

Let's see if Bones will spend the budget on some of these fights

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

That shyt randomly popped up on Hulu the other day I was :mindblown: .

I'll check it out, I liked Akito OVAs and the OG series is classic

Yes I saw it too and was confused…. I was waiting for one of y’all to discuss in here to gauge interest.

Maybe this can be part of the @tripleaamin Open Challenge:patrice:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Can't believe crunchyroll dropped the ball on TOG so hard

Been a whole 4 years since s1 came out and did the infamous rush job

Looks like they changed the studio, the intro/outro definitely look lackluster and there's something about the style now that just isn't all the way there like season 1 was, not as smooth.

Episode covered chaps. 80-the beginning of 85

I felt better about it once the boy started whooping ass and seeing T Doubles mode switches , this might be a studio that specializes in action or something :manny: if that's the case I hope they get right to the shyts cuz this season (the manwha season) has a ton of top notch fukkery and fights, which is probably where all the budget will be

I hope crunchyroll NEVER gets another big story to adapt, ever though, they put all that budget into season 1 only to flub on the pacing and take 4 years to drop season 2 with noticably different energy in the animation

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Watched Two more seasonals and liked both of them.

First is "The Magical Girl and the Evil Lieutenant Used to Be Archenemies" Title explains what the series is very well. Very much a fluff shoujo romance. Though Bones is really going all out on this one. The opening animation sequence was beautiful. Episode lengths are only 15 mins, but quality over quantity is always important. Direction was fantastic as well.

OP & ED Below

The other is "No Longer Allowed In Another World". I started reading the manga yesterday, and it is a very good Iseaki Parody. @T-K-G I think you will like it since you liked Konosuba a lot. It takes the character Osamu Dazai, which similar to the one in BSD and like him is based on real life one.

Overall the first episode did a great job of adapting the first two chapters. The comedy really hit home. Much like My Deer Friend, it makes for a great comedy for a weekly watch. OP is below