Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Finished watching Oblivion Battery.

Honestly I never thought I would be calling a Mappa show a hidden gem of the season, but this one is surprisingly is. It starts out weird considering post amnesia Kei comedy is very corny. But slowly with the other teammates and their backstories the storytelling in this series really delivers. Then the season concludes of post amnesia Kei falling in love with baseball was a great way to conclude the season.

Not to mention that episode 11 is in competition for one of the best episodes for this year out of any show. Overall I give it 9/10 and a must watch for Baseball manga/anime fans.
Yeah, this is def a show that somewhat tricks you about tone of the show with its first couple of episodes. I thought they show was going to go too far with corny comedy, but glad I stuck with it. I thought the story was actually very good and the backstory for the main characters are actually very well written. Action wise I don't think this show comes close to the regular sports anime because the set up for this show is a bit different in that regard, but I thought it did everything else well as the story progressed.

This show is the suprise of the season for me. I find it interesting that we're getting sports animes that are breaking away from their usual tropes. Getting stuff like Overtake and Oblivion battery digs deeper into personal conflicts and mental blocks. Rather than my team or mc has to improve after losing an important match

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Watching thousand year blood war part 2. Just finished episode 7
Gremmy vs Kenpachi has to be lowkey the funniest anime fight ever. It's just a competition as to who is more broken :heh:

It makes me wonder HOW in the world ichigo wasn't food to kenpachi the first time they encountered each other. He's literally the yujiro of the BLEACH world.

The rukia/byakuya episode had incredible direction and visuals as well. Its crazy that they finally gave rukia some shine. The villain was spooky :merchant:

The main difference between part 1 and part 2 of this arc IMO is it is very villain of the week. It's 100% tailored to coli action gang. We only got like 5 seconds of yachiru and kenpachi backstory for example. I know that they are trying to give all the squads and captains their shine, but because there is constant fighting and everything being so split up, a lot of the characters we see are damn near cameo status. Characters can barely get a word in; even major ones. Any type of development story or character wise is being drip fed compared to part 1. These characters are really swinging on each other now.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Watching thousand year blood war part 2. Just finished episode 7
Gremmy vs Kenpachi has to be lowkey the funniest anime fight ever. It's just a competition as to who is more broken :heh:

It makes me wonder HOW in the world ichigo wasn't food to kenpachi the first time they encountered each other. He's literally the yujiro of the BLEACH world.

The rukia/byakuya episode had incredible direction and visuals as well. Its crazy that they finally gave rukia some shine. The villain was spooky :merchant:

The main difference between part 1 and part 2 of this arc IMO is it is very villain of the week. It's 100% tailored to coli action gang. We only got like 5 seconds of yachiru and kenpachi backstory for example. I know that they are trying to give all the squads and captains their shine, but because there is constant fighting and everything being so split up, a lot of the characters we see are damn near cameo status. Characters can barely get a word in; even major ones. Any type of development story or character wise is being drip fed compared to part 1. These characters are really swinging on each other now.
At least the fights move along fast. Consider the fact that it's adapting 4-6 chapters per episode. Imagine how dragged out it would have been with the OG anime's pacing. :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
"Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian", debuted its first episode today. The adaptation looks very promising. Overall the series is a very typical RomCom, but it holds a strong overall cast and a very good Male Protaginst. Which you don't get too much in the genre. First episode adapted 3 chapters and approximately 50 pages, so the anime should cover up to vol 3 and looks like a good adaptation.

OP and ED are below. It has a unique ED for each episode

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Watched Eps 9+10 of Bakemonogatari which cover the Nadeko Snake Arc

This arc centers around with Nadeko Sengoku, who is the friend of Araragi's younger sister Tsukihi. Apparently she has marks of a snake on her body. No surprise Araragi wants to help her. The issue which Oshino points this is a Kuchinawa/Snake apparition. Its source lies with malice. Which we learn that one of Sengoku's friends in elementary school had a crush on a boy who asked Sengoku out and rejected. The malice lies in the friend. This really showcases how cruel kids can be. Oshino points out an elementary kid shouldn't be capable of this. Assumption being the friend did it wrong, and it made its way to be even worse.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-03_at_4.05.32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-03_at_6.46.07_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-03_at_6.46.14_PM.png

Given that this was a life and death situation for Sengoku, they needed to do the ritual asap. Now as they go back to the grounds to do the ritual everything should be going according to plan. Except for the fact that there were two apparitions. Clearly the boy whom Sengoku rejected had malice towards her as well. It really shows how cruel and mean kids are :mjcry:

Screen_Shot_2024-07-03_at_7.25.36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-03_at_7.25.44_PM.png

We have seen Araragi be a person who is overly considerate of others. For him, he didn't want anyone to suffer. But given that there were 2 apparitions to deal with, this was something out of his comfort level. Obviously the priority is to save Sengoku, but he didn't want the apparitions to go back to the host. Kanbaru offers a great lesson to Araragi in the fact remember who you are going to save.

He was blinded in playing the hero again just like in the previous arc with Kanbaru that he needed someone to wake him up. Like Senjougahara previously and Kanbaru telling him not to forget about yourself. Senjougahara and Sengoku (who basically alludes Araragi is the one she likes) would be deeply saddened if anything happens to him. Hopefully this is a lesson that Araragi eventually learns.