It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
finished heavenly delusion s1

robin's a sick man with sick thoughts, I think characters like him should die :demonic:Him and Weinstein should get fukked up in a cell for the rest they life:scust:

a whole adventure for 'that' to happen is crazy. I had a feeling something was going to go wrong but for this fake spike speigel looking mf to be on this type of timing was unexpected. I'm not even sure if this was necessary even if they wanted a shock turn tbh.

On the other side, the students/test subjects finally escaped the enclosure. I was wondering when the robots would do something since they seemed way too passive for how much they are mentioned in this anime. I guess they double-crossed the orochimaru director and now are playing their own game. Outside of their connection to maru, they didn't reveal much new with the last 2 episodes yet, but it looks like things are going to get real soon.

My prediction is maru is the perfected one but there's others that are at least still humanoid. They'll tell him everything and he will feel guilty.

I could have stopped where I was last (episode 11) and just waited for s2 there :beli:

overall I will still say this is one of the most promising new anime out right now. the animation, worldbuilding, direction, mystique, and even the little moments feel incredibly polished. Season 2 will be the make or break. I feel like they could fumble it just as easily as they could nail it.

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Finally finished The Boy and the Heron

I can't remember what the energy was like when it initially came out but this shyt was :whew: to me, spirited away with more action/adventure imo, male protagonist instead of female. Starts off slow in the normal world before we cross over like most Ghibli films

Felt like a breath of fresh air seeing a real movie again :ahh: idc how set in his ways or strict Miyazaki is, the man knows cinema and storytelling :ohlawd:

The violence was cutesy and :picard: at the same time, felt like a Elden Ring playthrough on shrooms fukking around with them Bird nikkas

@tripleaamin @twan83 @LauderdaleBoss @It is a mystery @Secure Da Bag

:beli: @Bryan Danielson don't make me regret tagging you, movie is only 2 hours

any lip from you and im cutting off my protection services :ufdup:

NwzjxPS.gif

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

I can't remember what the energy was like when it initially came out but this shyt was :whew: to me, spirited away with more action/adventure imo, male protagonist instead of female. Starts off slow in the normal world before we cross over like most Ghibli films

Felt like a breath of fresh air seeing a real movie again :ahh: idc how set in his ways or strict Miyazaki is, the man knows cinema and storytelling :ohlawd:

The violence was cutesy and :picard: at the same time, felt like a Elden Ring playthrough on shrooms fukking around with them Bird nikkas

@tripleaamin @twan83 @LauderdaleBoss @It is a mystery @Secure Da Bag

:beli: @Bryan Danielson don't make me regret tagging you, movie is only 2 hours

any lip from you and im cutting off my protection services :ufdup:

NwzjxPS.gif
I remember watching it when it came out in theaters. It was one of those where it wasn't until the end where I realized the story it was trying to tell. I was like oh shyt :ohhh:

Although I would imagine for casual anime fans it would be lost on them.

Mostly agree with what you said. My only criticism when watching it is the pacing felt funky at the end. More so it started off a bit slow which it did a good job with, but it felt like when the movie is approaching the final act it needed to be a bit longer.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps

Spirited away is my favorite ghibli film, I might have to check this out :myman:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Suicide Squad Isekai debuted with its first 3 episodes on Hulu & HBO MAX @LordDeathwatch @Jmare007

Great start IMO. It did feel awkward knowing watching in Japanese, but voice acting is on point. I really like the jokes with isekais and films used. The funniest stuff in the 3rd episode had me rolling though. :russ: Visually this looks great, as Wit is doing their thing. It's written by the Re:Zero author who also wrote Vivy and I really like the creativity. Might be the most creative iseaki we get this year.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-27_at_12.04.40_PM.png

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Suicide Squad Isekai debuted with its first 3 episodes on Hulu & HBO MAX @LordDeathwatch @Jmare007

Great start IMO. It did feel awkward knowing watching in Japanese, but voice acting is on point. I really like the jokes with isekais and films used. The funniest stuff in the 3rd episode had me rolling though. :russ: Visually this looks great, as Wit is doing their thing. It's written by the Re:Zero author who also wrote Vivy and I really like the creativity. Might be the most creative iseaki we get this year.

Everything you described sounds dope. But for some reason I have zero interest in watching a Suicide Squad anime :heh: I will check it out though, there's too many talent involved to not give it a chance.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
finished heavenly delusion s1

robin's a sick man with sick thoughts, I think characters like him should die :demonic:Him and Weinstein should get fukked up in a cell for the rest they life:scust:

a whole adventure for 'that' to happen is crazy. I had a feeling something was going to go wrong but for this fake spike speigel looking mf to be on this type of timing was unexpected. I'm not even sure if this was necessary even if they wanted a shock turn tbh.

On the other side, the students/test subjects finally escaped the enclosure. I was wondering when the robots would do something since they seemed way too passive for how much they are mentioned in this anime. I guess they double-crossed the orochimaru director and now are playing their own game. Outside of their connection to maru, they didn't reveal much new with the last 2 episodes yet, but it looks like things are going to get real soon.

My prediction is maru is the perfected one but there's others that are at least still humanoid. They'll tell him everything and he will feel guilty.

I could have stopped where I was last (episode 11) and just waited for s2 there :beli:

overall I will still say this is one of the most promising new anime out right now. the animation, worldbuilding, direction, mystique, and even the little moments feel incredibly polished. Season 2 will be the make or break. I feel like they could fumble it just as easily as they could nail it.
I recommend hoping to the manga breh, not sure when a season 2 will happen and a lot of answers are given very soon after the end of season 1 of the anime. It's a dope series :yes:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

If you hadn't suggested it, honest to God I wouldn't have fukked with it because Suicide Squad and isekai don't mix, in my mind at least.

I'll give it a run, @42 Monks @Cuban Pete imma need y'all to peep this too as fellow overly critical comic heads. :ufdup:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Everything you described sounds dope. But for some reason I have zero interest in watching a Suicide Squad anime :heh: I will check it out though, there's too many talent involved to not give it a chance.
Wit just being on made me say fukk it let me see how it is. When it first was announced I was like :dahell:

If you hadn't suggested it, honest to God I wouldn't have fukked with it because Suicide Squad and isekai don't mix, in my mind at least.

I'll give it a run, @42 Monks @Cuban Pete imma need y'all to peep this too as fellow overly critical comic heads. :ufdup:
This is an iseaki in much in vain as something like Ishura is an iseaki. The structure is a fantasy world, but you have people from other worlds being involved. Tbh when we think of iseaki we think of Wish Fulfillment in a Fantasy world. Thank god its Suicide Squad iseakied into a fantasy world rather then some typical Japanese loser Mc isekaied in the DC world with suicide squad.

Now can't speak too much on faithful portrayal, although I did find it odd it didn't have a same day dub. This fits perfect in what I look for in a weekly anime with a solid amounts of fukkery.