tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Honestly the adaption has been pretty solid so far but the 2nd half of the season is where the main plot finally starts and it got me excited as a manga reader. :blessed:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Finished episode 11 of heavenly delusion

so the director of the academy is Orochimaru? Snatching and swapping bodies just to temporarily last longer until the real immortal body she wants is ready :merchant:

Also the students were ALL hiroko/maneaters all along? :damn: I thought it was the drawings. But the sunglasses looking one clearly has the nightmare powers that the 2 protagonists already fought in the hospital basement. Some of them have visions of the future, so I'm guessing it's their future what they are seeing. :mjcry: Not only that, but the container that clearly had maneaters before now has human babies in them. I thought it was weird that the MHA asui looking one was randomly more athletic than humanly possible.

Now this "test" is to break out :lupe:

Crazy how they are swapping between this trigun-like episodic adventure and this other heaven place and lowkey dropping bombshells by placing hints in both.

Only real negative is there is only 2 episodes left :what: with how they have been pacing this anime so far (they take their sweet time but in a good way), there's no way they are able to wrap everything up that fast.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished episode 11 of heavenly delusion

so the director of the academy is Orochimaru? Snatching and swapping bodies just to temporarily last longer until the real immortal body she wants is ready :merchant:

Also the students were ALL hiroko/maneaters all along? :damn: I thought it was the drawings. But the sunglasses looking one clearly has the nightmare powers that the 2 protagonists already fought in the hospital basement. Some of them have visions of the future, so I'm guessing it's their future what they are seeing. :mjcry: Not only that, but the container that clearly had maneaters before now has human babies in them. I thought it was weird that the MHA asui looking one was randomly more athletic than humanly possible.

Now this "test" is to break out :lupe:

Crazy how they are swapping between this trigun-like episodic adventure and this other heaven place and lowkey dropping bombshells by placing hints in both.

Only real negative is there is only 2 episodes left :what: with how they have been pacing this anime so far (they take their sweet time but in a good way), there's no way they are able to wrap everything up that fast.

Honestly the anime did cut some fat from the Kiruko and Maru adventuring side of the story. Nothing vital, but cool to check the manga out for those part. Anime is a showcase how it slowly builds the world and a lot of things are being setup, but not realizing to later. It's a series with top tier storytelling. The manga got a fantastic adaptation to boot.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Train to the End of the World Episode 12

Man they fukking delivered for this finale. :wow: This series has been wacky, but the zombies making way so they can catch up to Yoka was hilarious, but also fitting. The solution of Yoka having to press the button does make sense.

Ponataro being a dumb villain he got over in his head. I liked how it didn't try to get us to sympathize with him or anything he was a douche plain and simple. Though the idea that Yoka and 7G Ikebukuro were draining life from each other was fukked up. Glad Crow Poochi switched sides when it was clear Pontaro gave 0 fukks about Yoka's mental wellbeing.

Much like what Nadeshiko said earlier in the season, part of being friends is arguing and making up. The hard part is is making up and that is not easy. Finally, Shizuru is up front about regretting what she said. Simply Yoka was her best friend and didn't want to lose her. Of course being tainted by the 7G Yoka was in a weird place. First she got pissed for that's why Shizuru said those things to her. But Nadeshiko stepping up as the mother in group asking Yoka "Are you having fun?" I think that's when her emotions finally stabilized where she wanted to make up with Shizuru. Glad to see them friends and again and Yoka being back to normal.

The fact that Apogeego was the name that Shizuru and Yoka gave to the Sirius star and that being the name for the train for the girls journey is so fitting. I like how the world didn't go exactly as it was. Very fitting that since the world is always moving and change, you can't change the past. Some things like Yoka going back to normal is fixable. Things like the citizens of Aganao, it makes sense they won't go back to being human fully. But they will be able to act like humans I assume.
Fantastic show, one of my favorites of the season.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_8.55.41_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.03.14_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.05.10_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.06.33_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.37.04_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.37.06_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.38.31_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.40.23_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.41.57_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.44.03_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.52.17_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.53.31_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.58.47_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_9.59.15_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_10.01.39_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_10.02.05_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-24_at_10.02.10_AM.png

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@twan83

I will admit the season felt like 1 cour stretched out to 2, part of that was due to introducing the heroes. I will admit watching it weekly might have hurt. But it did add a lot of things going forward. I really enjoyed the highs of where Makoto is going next. 7/10 for me.

I get the feeling that Jin is going to find Sophia dead, isn't he? Tbh it feels Luto is shaping up to be Makoto's biggest threat. The Goddess too, but they built Luto much better in S2.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
@winb83 @twan83 another Division83 exclusive

Seriously…. What are we doing right now man?:mjlol:

I don't think I can do that one.
@twan83

I will admit the season felt like 1 cour stretched out to 2, part of that was due to introducing the heroes. I will admit watching it weekly might have hurt. But it did add a lot of things going forward. I really enjoyed the highs of where Makoto is going next. 7/10 for me.

I get the feeling that Jin is going to find Sophia dead, isn't he? Tbh it feels Luto is shaping up to be Makoto's biggest threat. The Goddess too, but they built Luto much better in S2.

Can't even mess with this now that the light novels are releasing. Only at volume 1 so when the novels pass the anime will watch then.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished watching The Grimm Variations Episode 6: Pied Piper of Hamelin

This one was very long-winded, but it really put you in the perspective of Maria. She is meant to be the heir to the village. Grand Code is the leader of the village and in many ways she is awful. She forces a certain style of living and punishes if you don't follow it. In fact even more so she kicks out outsiders and those that don't agree with her ways. Maria's mother was supposed to be the next heir, but she failed to meet her expectations. With Maria, she is bright, curious and eccentric. However, the issue becomes she is essentially a kid locked from the world.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-25_at_10.15.02_AM.png

In comes her teacher who receives a picture from a traveler displaying love and affection. The part of marriage that the Grand Code hides from him. In that images invokes the teachers feelings for his student Maria. In fact, it gets worse and worse as the episode goes. He becomes obsessed enough to want to marry her. However, that is not a reality, but the traveler who brought the picture raises her curiosity. However, we learn that the teacher might be as awful as the Grand Code. Essentially he imprisons the traveler and only kept them alive so that Maria could see them. This really is the first showcase of his awful personality.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-25_at_10.31.54_AM.png

Since marriage isn't possible between Maria and the teacher she offers a one-night stand, so that could be enough for him at the moment. However, the Traveler escapes after they have sex. Essentially feeling betrayed she kicks the teacher in basement and returns home. It's here where it is highlighted how much the Grand Code pushes her ideals on Maria. That she can't become her own person basically. But the sounds coming from outside is from the Traveler playing the flute. Maria's parents reaction to resembles the effect Grand Code had on the village. She reverted their taste so much that something foreign like music can feel like pain to bare. Maria who still is growing and curious seeks out the flute.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-25_at_10.42.23_AM.png

At this moment the girl who was taught a certain way of living like all the villagers discovered another truth of the outside world. More and more she finds it beautiful. At that point the traveler mentions of the outside world where there are so many beautiful things. Maria falling in love with the idea of love and music wants to explore these things. So she makes the choice to explore the world. She now becomes the traveler in many ways. She explores the world and shares that wisdom with those in a similar situation as her. This was well executed.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-25_at_10.44.39_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-25_at_10.47.02_AM.png

Overall I am surprised this series is as low rated as it is. Sub 7 on MAL. I found the writing and visuals done by Wit to be fantastic. EP 2 and 5 could have been better, but of course that might just be a manga issue, so I wouldn't be too hard on Wit for that and there is only so much they could expand on with this project.

Overall if I had to rank the episodes it would go

1. Cinderella
  2. The Elves and the Shoemaker
  3. Pied Peper of Hamelin
  4. Hansel and Gretel
  5. Little Red Ridding Hood
  6. The Town of Musicians of Breman
The first 4 are 9+/10 for me. To note I think 2-4 are better written than Cinderella, but Cinderella's execution throughout the whole episode was top-notch. Little Red Ridding Hood a 7/10 and The Town of Musicians of Breman a 5/10

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
@twan83

Makes sense it’s why I don’t do weekly it’s just a preference for me if anything I’ve increased watching dub alot more lately too
I prefer dub for this anime
I just got done watching chillin in another world level 2 cheat basic but worked well enough for me to enjoy it for what it is
I don't think I can do that one.

Can't even mess with this now that the light novels are releasing. Only at volume 1 so when the novels pass the anime will watch then.
Ya they got first 3 vols on deck to buy but with only vol 1 out right now think July and sept vol 2 and 3 release on kindle if memory serves correct