Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
See now THAT I can understand. For a Tournament to work, you've got to have some surprises and characters that are either credible threats or that are really interesting, the best have both those elements.
I forgot which shows, but some recent shows I've watched had tournament arcs without those elements which make it story wise just alright

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Finally caught up to Frieren and now I have to deal with the pain of watching weekly. I enjoyed the last episode, and I find Denken an interesting character. I think he's the best character introduced in this arc so far. I usually don't like tournament sagas in animes, but I think this one can be interesting since there are some stakes in play. Also, it was nice to see Frieren teaching Fern well with how easily she defeated taht group that tried to jump her in the previous episode

Also, I think the new opening suits the show better, but I think the Yoasobi song is a better overall song though
That first opening track was a bop.

Denken's a really dope character. Dude really enjoys magic for magic and wasn't worried about getting a free magic spell...just wants to visit a grave. I like the way he compares with Frieren, and I'm hoping he keeps popping up in the story. The other characters that got my interest are the test supervisors. They set up a pretty cutthroat test and were casual about everything until Frieren analyzed the barrier. So, I'm really interested to see their reactions.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That first opening track was a bop.

Denken's a really dope character. Dude really enjoys magic for magic and wasn't worried about getting a free magic spell...just wants to visit a grave. I like the way he compares with Frieren, and I'm hoping he keeps popping up in the story. The other characters that got my interest are the test supervisors. They set up a pretty cutthroat test and were casual about everything until Frieren analyzed the barrier. So, I'm really interested to see their reactions.
Yeah, I think they have an interesting set up with the teams that advanced, test supervisors, and I think Serie will be an interesting character.

Also, Yoasobi make some good music and they've made some good anime openings.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@tripleaamin

Last things first, dude made the right decision. This broad is like 7 feet tall, enjoys inflicting pain, and is near the top of Chu's military hierarchy so that's a whole hell no imma pass if you want to live.

Oh yea I def agree. bytch is crazy and a menace. She brought some zebra looking couch to the battlefield :dahell: :mjlol:

Some of these woman by insane. Her and Zheng's mom really just be on another level of insane that you want no part of.

Speaking of, Chu is introduced as a military juggernaut superior to every other kingdom due to its size (pause) and the sheer number of people they're able to muster. The only thing keeping them from crushing Qin is internal strife from maintaining power over the various cultures under their banner and the fact that they border multiple kingdoms, all of which they're running the fade with. So you've got your biggest genius opp Riboku and your literal biggest opp working together and that's disregarding everyone else, Qin is cooked.

When it comes to Cheng, I agree with you wholeheartedly because dude is basically a whole ass coward and I felt like that reflected badly on his whole kingdom that THIS is the best representative of your Kingdom. He's obviously a genius and effective AF when given the chance to utilize chemical warfare but you put an enemy in front of him directly and he's not built for that, at all. Zhang, on the other hand, exemplifies what the core of Qin's foundation is all about with the pride and determination to die on his feet and pushing his Kingdom forward despite being an also ran in terms of the actual military titans of his era. Even though it's that same pride and adherence to "the proper way" that held him back, it's still a hell of a statement that Qin 2nd tier bench player outperforms their star player on the biggest stage.

It's good to see you're picking up the vibe with Kanki/Huan because this guy gives off heavy villain vibes but he's one of our best Generals. Like I said before, this character is one of my favorites because he's got so many facets and there's a lot we still don't know about him. Guy seems like an entire scumbag, his inner circle seems to be complete scumbags and bloodthirsty deviants and they stand out amongst the more typical honorable Make Qin Great Again types in the lead. You never really feel comfortable with him in the cut BUT you'd rather have him pointing that malevolence at the enemy than you, so that's a wedge of realism because not every talented leader and General is a good person and obviously the Kingdom knows that. The difference between him and the mustard gas coward is they made sure he's held in check by honorable peers and if it breaks down, he's willing to go get it out the mud. Still, I wouldn't trust him.

Wang Sr? A whole mystery and I wouldn't trust him to watch my dog. :unimpressed:
I would to see Huan interact with Xin. Because Xin has his morals he lives by as S2 showed us. Huan on contrast is more about getting the job done, it doesn't matter how.

It's crazy the difference of individual pride between Wang Ben and his father. Ben is a due I really like. He's a great rival for Xin to compete with to improve and dude has a good foundation on his soldiers. You can see he will give it his all. I really wonder if Zheng and Buwei Lu will think about Wang Sr. moving forward.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It does not. Shibuya just hit different. Plus mappa is gonna find a way to cut through all the unnecessary exposition we got cause mf's hate reading.
Oh god. Imagine that shyt in an anime :pachaha: :mjlol:
So are we even looking forward to JJK anymore?

Season 2 was an instant classic but I heard it falls off after it:mjcry:
Well people shyt on AoT ending, but anime brehs from what I seen like it. I'd say don't let it bother you too much and keep an open mind about it.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

Believe that if you want. These MFs going to be hate watching and commenting from the sidelines every week like

S%26W+Chained.gif

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Screen_Shot_2024-02-06_at_2.11.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-06_at_2.11.07_PM.png

Don't let this girl experiment on another person :mjlol:

Screen_Shot_2024-02-06_at_2.33.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-06_at_2.33.47_PM.png

Man her monologues are a fukking riot. :pachaha:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

It does, but I'm watch because I like seeing certain things animated, especially when the art in the manga is bad & makes it hard to follow what's going on