Balla

Superstar
Daps
Maaaan people sleep on Reigen so much, dude is a top tier scumbag who manages to have great moments that are funny AF because you know he's not going to change. :russ:

Reigen would pimp slap Take with some table salt and convince him this whole time traveling thing was a hallucination and then double charge his card after the fact with no remorse.:deadrose:
No way people sleep on him. Reigen is that dude.

:mjlol: :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@LordDeathwatch Should be finishing up S2 of Kingdom tomorrow. Been some real nice episodes as of late.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.19.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.20.47_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.21.01_PM.png

I got to be honest Lian Po, is a character who seemed like basically a brute general. But once he took the field you can see why he was one of the top 3 general in Zhao. Able to overcome the mountain maze in order to have a duel with Ao Meng where if Xin didn't come into play for trigger him when he mentions he killed Lun Hu.

But the moment he surrenders and his analysis was on point given that Jian Wang was still rested in play made him realize it was a mood point. The true difference maker was Xin. If he didn't stop Lun Hu, Qin definitely would have lost And slowly Xin wins the respect of another legendary general and now sets with the same goal as Zheng.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_3.44.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_3.46.58_PM.png

Yi Huan proably made the biggest name in this whole war. Earlier he took down a legendary tactican and also captured the enemies' bases and killed their leader commander in name. He's dangerous, but brilliant def a key player to add to this series going forward.

And the way he saw the look in Zheng's eyes whom he assumed was just a puppet lowekey had him like :ehh:. Lets see if the fire in this kids eyes can really put to work.

Jian Wang is one dude I have mixed impressions from. He is smart af and he will do what it takes to accomplish his plan. But his goal of being a ruler is def odd. And his strategies of where his survivial must be guaranteed was like :dahell:.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.17.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.44.21_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.44.58_PM.png

Xin is a fukking idiot I swear :mjlol:.

But dude put in the work and got results so gotta :salute: to him.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.36.03_PM.png

Qiang Lei has been Xin's MVP and he wouldn't have been promoted as 1k man commander without her. But this was a great arc for her since her debut. She has a place to belong to know. She def was gonna kill herself after she got her revenge since she was empty. But now she has a place where she can belong to.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.56.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.56.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.58.13_PM.png

I was speechless when Xin said he was helping with strats :mjlol:. We back with Xin is a fukking idiot. He has a great foundation to become a great general. But straight up tatics? Hell fukking no :mjlol:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_8.04.04_PM.png

It was cool on Tian to give Xin his brother as a tactician. But once I realized whom his brother was, whom was acquaintances with Diao it was obvious she would be his tactician. Given she was seeking out to be a tactician, it was only fitting that she would be Xin's tactician imo.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch Should be finishing up S2 of Kingdom tomorrow. Been some real nice episodes as of late.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.19.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.20.47_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.21.01_PM.png

I got to be honest Lian Po, is a character who seemed like basically a brute general. But once he took the field you can see why he was one of the top 3 general in Zhao. Able to overcome the mountain maze in order to have a duel with Ao Meng where if Xin didn't come into play for trigger him when he mentions he killed Lun Hu.

But the moment he surrenders and his analysis was on point given that Jian Wang was still rested in play made him realize it was a mood point. The true difference maker was Xin. If he didn't stop Lun Hu, Qin definitely would have lost And slowly Xin wins the respect of another legendary general and now sets with the same goal as Zheng.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_3.44.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_3.46.58_PM.png

Yi Huan proably made the biggest name in this whole war. Earlier he took down a legendary tactican and also captured the enemies' bases and killed their leader commander in name. He's dangerous, but brilliant def a key player to add to this series going forward.

And the way he saw the look in Zheng's eyes whom he assumed was just a puppet lowekey had him like :ehh:. Lets see if the fire in this kids eyes can really put to work.

Jian Wang is one dude I have mixed impressions from. He is smart af and he will do what it takes to accomplish his plan. But his goal of being a ruler is def odd. And his strategies of where his survivial must be guaranteed was like :dahell:.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.17.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.44.21_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.44.58_PM.png

Xin is a fukking idiot I swear :mjlol:.

But dude put in the work and got results so gotta :salute: to him.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.36.03_PM.png

Qiang Lei has been Xin's MVP and he wouldn't have been promoted as 1k man commander without her. But this was a great arc for her since her debut. She has a place to belong to know. She def was gonna kill herself after she got her revenge since she was empty. But now she has a place where she can belong to.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.56.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.56.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_7.58.13_PM.png

I was speechless when Xin said he was helping with strats :mjlol:. We back with Xin is a fukking idiot. He has a great foundation to become a great general. But straight up tatics? Hell fukking no :mjlol:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-22_at_8.04.04_PM.png

It was cool on Tian to give Xin his brother as a tactician. But once I realized whom his brother was, whom was acquaintances with Diao it was obvious she would be his tactician. Given she was seeking out to be a tactician, it was only fitting that she would be Xin's tactician imo.
This arc was crucial for a few characters but Kanki and Xin are definitely the standouts. Meng was a breath of fresh air for me though, he's this mostly kindly and considerate General but it doesn't blunt his edge at all. At the same time, it's made abundantly clear that he's not a GREAT and that there's definitely an element of timing and attitude that separates the truly Great commanders.

Kanki though? This guy moves like a whole villain in these streets and yet we're told that he's a good guy. So many dimensions there and a ruthless nature that proves there's more than 1 way to the top. Guy has the look, the character, now we just need the origin alongside the future goals.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Breh one thing I do have to stress Quantity ≠ Quality. A series that knows when to wrap up the story is a lost art in manga & anime imo. (Ignoring SoL Comedies like SxF & Bocchi the Rock cause thats the point of that genre)
That's exactly it because they could've stretched out Mob Psycho, but I think it had the right pacing and length to have a better quality story. As a fan I would've liked more episode, but more than happy how the series turned out

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I heard the recent seasons of this were dogshyt

I only saw season 1 and thought it was great, I'll probably check for season 2 and 3 even though I hear it'll be disappointing

Yeah go head and do not check out season 2.

A steaming pile of shyt. Irredeemable.

So bad that I'm having trouble getting through season 3 right now.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just finished Kingdom S2 :blessed:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-23_at_8.52.58_PM.png

Zheng surprised me with this move. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Well friend is not exactly the word I would use, but this move had me :ohhh:. You can tell it wasn't the first move he wanted to make, but given time was of the essence it had to be done for Zheng.

What damn they couldn't get away from using the ugly CGI even in the last 2 episodes :mjlol:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-23_at_9.06.16_PM.png

But overall but the use of not constantly using CGI was a blessing. Even if the animation for action was still mediocore. At least for the most part it was watchable, compared to S1 where I couldn't watch more than 2 episodes per session.

We see Xin and Zheng expand on each of their goals. Xin commanding 1k men now and Zheng acquiring more power in his long battle against Lu Buwei. We finally see Diao make a name for herself and making an impact as a tactician in these past few episodes.

Also I really like the dynamic both Tian Meng and Ben Wang have with Xin. In the sense they each push Xin in different ways. Xin and Ben have an everlasting rivalry that motivates both of them. Meanwhile Tian is very attentive and resourceful. And hopefully some of that will rub off on Xin.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Wow this was a powerful and great episode for Sengoku Youko.

So these monks are at a higher level seem tougher then the guys we have seen so far. Not to mention Jinka fighting by himself is gonna tire him out after awhile. Still man even as one that looks human he basically saw the evil side of humanity. And hopefully Tama's goal is for him to see that. As there are people like Shinsuke and Shakugan. And casting your humanity is the wrong move.

Poor Shakugan. Girl got her memories back. Poor girl. Toughest point for her is to face the facts and able to move past it. Which is why Tama wanted Shinsuke to understand why he is chasing after her. Telling her it's ok and coddling her isn't the answer, she needs to move on explicitly on her own. And seeing Shinsuke someone who's powerless seeing her with power is a great contrast between these two. As Shinsuke wanted to protect Shakugan and Tama, but couldn't.

I hope these two can work together to overcomes each of their traumas. And be able to grow from it.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.23.47_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.24.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.25.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.30.05_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.41.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.44.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.45.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.49.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.51.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.51.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.51.23_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.51.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.51.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-24_at_1.52.08_PM.png

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Just finished Kingdom S2 :blessed:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-23_at_8.52.58_PM.png

Zheng surprised me with this move. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Well friend is not exactly the word I would use, but this move had me :ohhh:. You can tell it wasn't the first move he wanted to make, but given time was of the essence it had to be done for Zheng.

What damn they couldn't get away from using the ugly CGI even in the last 2 episodes :mjlol:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-23_at_9.06.16_PM.png

But overall but the use of not constantly using CGI was a blessing. Even if the animation for action was still mediocore. At least for the most part it was watchable, compared to S1 where I couldn't watch more than 2 episodes per session.

We see Xin and Zheng expand on each of their goals. Xin commanding 1k men now and Zheng acquiring more power in his long battle against Lu Buwei. We finally see Diao make a name for herself and making an impact as a tactician in these past few episodes.

Also I really like the dynamic both Tian Meng and Ben Wang have with Xin. In the sense they each push Xin in different ways. Xin and Ben have an everlasting rivalry that motivates both of them. Meanwhile Tian is very attentive and resourceful. And hopefully some of that will rub off on Xin.
Outside of the rare instinctual move, I wouldn't trust Xin to create a tactic anymore than I would Zoro to act as Navigator. :hubie:

Yeah, they definitely closed in a high note, digging deep to add even more layers to the many plotlines already in motion. You fukking made it through some of the most ridiculous and offensive animation in modern anime, there's literally nowhere to go but up with Season 3 and DAMN they definitely deliver.

I look forward to your reviews as we progress toward Unification. :wow:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Outside of the rare instinctual move, I wouldn't trust Xin to create a tactic anymore than I would Zoro to act as Navigator. :hubie:

Yeah, they definitely closed in a high note, digging deep to add even more layers to the many plotlines already in motion. You fukking made it through some of the most ridiculous and offensive animation in modern anime, there's literally nowhere to go but up with Season 3 and DAMN they definitely deliver.

I look forward to your reviews as we progress toward Unification. :wow:
Only concern I do have is how they will deal with Xin with these general 1 vs 1 fights. Cause with how insane some of these generals are. Gotta be honest I don’t think he would have beaten Lun Hu if he could dual wield. The key is making the victories feel earned.

This is Xin and Zheng’s journey. It less of an issue with Zheng cause that’s politics. And it’s easy to manipulate that stuff in one’s favor or vice Versa. And we know how capable Zheng is.