tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
We're on the same page because I would have Pacing as an undisputed #1 and then Direction followed surprisingly by Voice Acting. People absolutely destroyed OPM because of a perceived abysmal drop in visuals but I still enjoyed it immensely because literally everything else was there. Kingdom is another excellent but extreme example for the visual argument.

One of the best points of reference for Music being key is FMA: Brotherhood/HxH because the score for everything from comedy to action to dramatic tension are things that really made or broke a moment. At the same time, both those series were extremely strong in every other category as well so I can't point to just that element but it was certainly key.

Pacing will absolutely murder a series, even if it's written and scored like an Oscar contender. If nothing ever happens or conversely, if it feels microwaved and unearned, it'll be a fatal flaw. God of High School and Ragnarok are the first offender that come to mind but there's plenty of others. It drops from a contender to tolerable time filler.

Voice Acting is key and underrated because if your badass, well built MC sounds like Pee Wee Herman or like they chew Newports, it definitely detracts from things and breaks immersion.
The biggest thing for me is does everything have a purpose. Pacing that goes way too fast is an instant killer especially if I read the manga. Like the recent Ragna Crimson episode was that for me when it seemed off and when I looked back and I was like wtf they skipped so much :why:. Slow pacing is a weird thing. On one hand it can really kill interest if you aint invested in the series. You got to give me a reason to keep watching. Helck was a recent example at using comedy to keep you interested till it brought the despair.

One thing that was great with Golden Kamuy S3+S4 is how they rearranged stuff how they happened in the manga. S4 going back to what they skipped since S3 mainly focused on Asirpa and Sugimoto. Rearrangement is a powerful to also make the anime flow better with more episodic shows. I haven't Apothcary Diaries but I imagine its used thre.

Adding on music Sousou no Frieren delivers on it really well on the less action focused episodes. It really empahizes the core theme of what the episode is about.

Your example of OPM where you have a case of going from Madhouse -> JC Staff is kind of a point where you have a step back. Sure it sucks the visual drop, but is it really a visual determinant? This is basically a new team behind this. Time to take a step back. Is this really a big deal then it actually is?

Now if the same studio is running it and you either have a case of MHA S5 (which has an evident animation drop compared to S4 & S6) or Mappa where there is a few episodes that don't have the same polish as the majority of the rest. That is where criticism is warranted. Tho with the case of MHA iirc that was something out of Bones's control.

Your thing on voice acting is spot on. Imagine this hype moment you remembering reading on the manga and your 16 year old Mc sounds like a 50 year old man. Or the heroine voice is too high pitched and it makes it torture to go through the scene.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Man animation aside arifureta is a damn good series I read the atrocious pacing killed it that it can’t even recover from it :mjcry:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
You already on Season 2? :wow:
Yeah breh, this show is hilarious man. I wish it had more episodes. I don’t want this to be over yet.

Mob growing up

:mjcry::mjcry:

I’m really surprised the girl he likes hasn’t been really showed at all. You’d think she would make more appearances by now since I’m almost done with the show.

:ohhh::ohhh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah breh, this show is hilarious man. I wish it had more episodes. I don’t want this to be over yet.

Mob growing up

:mjcry::mjcry:

I’m really surprised the girl he likes hasn’t been really showed at all. You’d think she would make more appearances by now since I’m almost done with the show.

:ohhh::ohhh:

Don't remember much of it but it was a great ride. If you aren't opposed to reading manga, the creators of it started a new one called Versus and the concept for that shyt is fun as hell