abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
okay

Started Psycho pass - initial episodes seem like a b*stard step child of Blade runner and minority report mixed together.
&
Phantom: Requiem for a Phantom. the world building is phenomenal

re watching Cowboy bebop - Been about 20 years - this may have been one of the last series i watched regularly before my sabbatical from anime.

on season 2 of Black Butler....Its..........aiiiiight

got 2 more episodes of Beserk of Gluttony season one -
i may actually like this one best of all ( maybe even better than Demon Slayer)
main character about that action ( but he has to be, one slip and :ufdup:) .... no multi episode fights (yet), no filler

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Sousou no Frieren episode 20 adapted all of 41, 42 and most of 43. There will probably will start next week with the flashback and continue of the rest of chapter 43 that wasn't in the flashback and continue into chapter 44 from there.I did notice that animation felt kind of eh between Ubel and Wirbel. Not the biggest deal and I expect they going to put more into next week's episode given we got it between Frieren and Denken's parties.

Few things I noticed in the translation from CR that Ehre describes Fern's magic as lack of personality and the Viz translation in the manga has her having a monologue saying "Have some dignity". I actually prefer the former here since it fits Fern's character whom doesn't have a big personality and character, but she gets results.

On another note end of the episode showed Serie and gotta be honest seeing her hair blonde coming off the manga feels weird.

Regarding the episode itself.

Man I remember why I really liked Wirbel when I read the manga. Dude has his principles and follows through on them. Dude could have killed Ubel, but what is the point in pointless slaughter. That is the main thing separating him and Ubel, who we know is deranged. I like to think him finding the Stile was good karma to showcase that he is a good dude despite his cold nature.

Gotta be honest if Denken and Richter weren't on the same team I wonder how the situation differs. You can tell he has his principles, but he needs to occupy Frieren so they can keep the Stile that they stole from them. As given in the conversation between Frieren, Denken and Richter, you can tell that Richter is one of those mages that Denken referred to last episode.

With that being said getting any spell you want is nice, but I think the point of being a first class mage is that the privilege of getting that spell won't suddenly make you first class mage material.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_5.11.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_5.16.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_5.17.48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_5.19.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_5.28.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_5.30.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_5.36.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_5.40.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_5.42.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_5.42.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_5.43.10_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Undead Unluck Ep 16

Holy shyt. Billy pulled an Aizen :damn:

I did not see that shyt coming. I mean you had the fact he saved Tatiana, but calling that foreshadowing would be stretching it. I think the big thing here is that BIlly sees sacrificing the few to save the many. Even if the means doing so is terrible. Tho doing horrific acts is still horrific. This got things rolling again. Poor Tatiana tho :mjcry:. Betrayed by the man who saved her.

The point that they keep repeating flashbacks is kind :unimpressed:. Breh we have seen these moments. Visual the anime is nice, but they keep doing this is kind of sign there is lack of creativity with the direction. If I didn't have a big reading backlog I would just jump from anime to manga tbh.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_6.32.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_6.36.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_6.36.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_6.42.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_6.45.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_6.45.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_6.45.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_6.46.47_PM.png

On another note :mjlol:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_6.40.33_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
One thing that I really like with "The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic" is that its more a spin where the wrong way is a healer shouldn't need to heal themselves. But here the application continues to be very neat. Healers typically have low stamina like Orga, so the idea for healers to also be in better position to help be in positions to heal or carry the injured from increasing their endurance is a cool spin.

Usually in a fantasy setting we only think of healers regarding when they heal. But less about how they get into position to heal and how having them in the front lines of a battle is a savings grace.

These townspeople deadass are used to seeing the insane training Rose puts her boys under :deadrose:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_8.25.27_PM.png

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Started doing a Lupin the 3rd marathon, currently in Part II and finished Part I and Zero. Part II is what got me into the series when I first seen it on Adult Swim when I was a kid, but I didn't know it has 155 fukking episodes :damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@LordDeathwatch Bro you weren't kidding that jump in S3 is insane :damn: :damn:

I mentioned before the jump to S2 was good because we no longer had to look at :scust:CGI from every min of the episode. But overall the art and animation was medicore at best.

But this shyt god the art looks great. Looks very similar quality to TYBW. Good to see they putting Kingdom is getting the same respect that Bleach is getting for the adaptation itself. Cause we all know Bleach is one of the iconic anime. (Yesterday's Undead Unluck episode should an example of that) OP doesn't quite hit like S2 tho.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-27_at_8.35.51_AM.png

This statement to Xin was big because after all you could say in terms of becoming the greatest general, Xin is just past the prologue. Now the real test for Xin is about to start now.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-27_at_8.57.31_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-27_at_9.00.03_AM.png

Lu Mu the fukking b*stard :damn:. We know he was plotting shyt but I would never expecta nation alliance. Really showing casing why he beat Wang Yi back in S1. And we know he aint just some pretty boy tactician he has been through the trenches as well given the scars he has on his arm.

Tho Kaine with a Xin dumbass level question "Why aren't no smiling?". :mjlol: He knows the reality what this alliance means.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-27_at_9.03.35_AM.png

Big moment for Zheng. Everything feels like its going to shyt with the colation army. But whats impressive he even gets Buwei Lu's side to get their shyt together. Well talking coming back with a bang to start the season really putting the emphasis that Lu Mu will truly be a thorn in Xin's side.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch Bro you weren't kidding that jump in S3 is insane :damn: :damn:

I mentioned before the jump to S2 was good because we no longer had to look at :scust:CGI from every min of the episode. But overall the art and animation was medicore at best.

But this shyt god the art looks great. Looks very similar quality to TYBW. Good to see they putting Kingdom is getting the same respect that Bleach is getting for the adaptation itself. Cause we all know Bleach is one of the iconic anime. (Yesterday's Undead Unluck episode should an example of that) OP doesn't quite hit like S2 tho.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-27_at_8.35.51_AM.png

This statement to Xin was big because after all you could say in terms of becoming the greatest general, Xin is just past the prologue. Now the real test for Xin is about to start now.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-27_at_8.57.31_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-27_at_9.00.03_AM.png

Lu Mu the fukking b*stard :damn:. We know he was plotting shyt but I would never expecta nation alliance. Really showing casing why he beat Wang Yi back in S1. And we know he aint just some pretty boy tactician he has been through the trenches as well given the scars he has on his arm.

Tho Kaine with a Xin dumbass level question "Why aren't no smiling?". :mjlol: He knows the reality what this alliance means.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-27_at_9.03.35_AM.png

Big moment for Zheng. Everything feels like its going to shyt with the colation army. But whats impressive he even gets Buwei Lu's side to get their shyt together. Well talking coming back with a bang to start the season really putting the emphasis that Lu Mu will truly be a thorn in Xin's side.
Yeah that jump into quality animation and overall art direction feels like a real blessing after going through a hellacious trial. Get out of boot camp and find a fat bonus in your bank account, we out the mud and ain't never going back. :blessed:

Speaking to the designs in general, I've personally always appreciated the fact that it's distinctly Chinese. Like, none of these characters could be dropped in your typical Japanese show and not immediately stand out as different. Some people don't like some of the angles and shapes but I think it just adds onto the overall atmosphere of the series; this is China and it's little touches like this that set it apart.

As far as Lu Mu, yeeeeaaah I told you this MF was going to be a damn problem. Homeboy is a political, tactical, and battlefield power which is something we've never seen in this series in one. Standouts in each particular field, even some who can embody 2 sports like Pee Wee but no triples. Trying to unify China when it doesn't want to has created unlimited resentment and he is that chosen face, which should tell you everything you need to know.

He's basically Aizen with good intentions and 30% of the charisma, so get used to him.:unimpressed:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah that jump into quality animation and overall art direction feels like a real blessing after going through a hellacious trial. Get out of boot camp and find a fat bonus in your bank account, we out the mud and ain't never going back. :blessed:

Speaking to the designs in general, I've personally always appreciated the fact that it's distinctly Chinese. Like, none of these characters could be dropped in your typical Japanese show and not immediately stand out as different. Some people don't like some of the angles and shapes but I think it just adds onto the overall atmosphere of the series; this is China and it's little touches like this that set it apart.

As far as Lu Mu, yeeeeaaah I told you this MF was going to be a damn problem. Homeboy is a political, tactical, and battlefield power which is something we've never seen in this series in one. Standouts in each particular field, even some who can embody 2 sports like Pee Wee but no triples. Trying to unify China when it doesn't want to has created unlimited resentment and he is that chosen face, which should tell you everything you need to know.

He's basically Aizen with good intentions and 30% of the charisma, so get used to him.:unimpressed:
Aizen was fukk boy. He was that manipulator who had the whole soul society fooled. Very few gonna touch of his charisma cause god damn you HATED him.

The Chinese designs are both refreshing as feel unique and it helps with the immersion of being in China. Apothcary Diaries is based on fictional country thats based on China and the anime is top notch, but they still look more Japanese. Like you know from just the designs that oh that's Kingdom.

But I do got to appreciate how Kingdom setup Lu Mu as the big antagonist. We see his tatical skills to bring down Wang Yi. Despite being in a bad position in negotiations against Buwei Lu able to limit the damage when the alliance was formed. And we see he holds his own 1:1 vs Xin. How Zheng and Xin climb this giant mountain to beat him will be very interesting.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Aizen was fukk boy. He was that manipulator who had the whole soul society fooled. Very few gonna touch of his charisma cause god damn you HATED him.

The Chinese designs are both refreshing as feel unique and it helps with the immersion of being in China. Apothcary Diaries is based on fictional country thats based on China and the anime is top notch, but they still look more Japanese. Like you know from just the designs that oh that's Kingdom.

But I do got to appreciate how Kingdom setup Lu Mu as the big antagonist. We see his tatical skills to bring down Wang Yi. Despite being in a bad position in negotiations against Buwei Lu able to limit the damage when the alliance was formed. And we see he holds his own 1:1 vs Xin. How Zheng and Xin climb this giant mountain to beat him will be very interesting.
Slandering Aizen da Don?:picard:

No but seriously, this season is definitely their best and not because this is the biggest conflict but because we're finally going to see almost every major player in the Kingdom universe as it stands currently. Different strategies, different personalities, and a damn good amount of character progression. Xin couldn't handle even half these characters dolo so we're going to see how well Qin does without the MC pulling the weight.

To channel my inner @Balla , the 2 OP for this season are just cheeks unfortunately. :scust: