LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Only concern I do have is how they will deal with Xin with these general 1 vs 1 fights. Cause with how insane some of these generals are. Gotta be honest I don’t think he would have beaten Lun Hu if he could dual wield. The key is making the victories feel earned.

This is Xin and Zheng’s journey. It less of an issue with Zheng cause that’s politics. And it’s easy to manipulate that stuff in one’s favor or vice Versa. And we know how capable Zheng is.
Zheng is extremely versatile and has an unwavering determination, any setbacks he's had are due to things laid out years in advance and out of his control or because he's too morally grounded to take the quicker, efficient route. Ironically, that's what keeps the loyalty of the people around him for the most part and makes him a compelling character.

Xin is just a gutsy underdog who's spark has been recognized by people who've either done great things or witnessed greatness before. All that unnatural freakish athleticism and intuition got him in the door but now he's actually seeing how much his repertoire is lacking and it's nearly gotten him killed. On the flip side, breh is willing to get it out the mud and he's got a supporting cast that makes up for every area he lacks. He's improving at an enormous rate but it's still not enough for his goals or the guys he's sharing the stage with. If he wanted to just be a top officer, the series could have ended at S2 because he outclassed most of them. But General? Better yet the Greatest General? Yeah he's got work WORK to do.

This show does an excellent job of actually making this MC's goal seem damn near unachievable but keeps you rooting for him. As he's climbed and things heat up, we see more of the peaks across this world and you realize how badly the odds are stacked against him. A new Titan of warfare waiting on the mountaintop but we weren't up high enough to see him before.

Qin has a LOT of opps :picard:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
High Card Season 2 - 3 episodes, I'll probably drop this
Undead Adventurer - I'll give it another few eps
Solo Leveling - Good so far.
Metallic Rouge - okay, so far
Ishura - This better pick up.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Okay, episodes 9 and 10 of Frieren is special. Like both episodes were just so cold, but the moment in episode 10 was one of the coldest things I've seen in awhile in an anime. No clue why I slept on this show so long, but I think being able to binge makes it better because I can go on my own pace. I will probably catch up soon, but the show is def exceeding the hype for me

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
4 episodes in Dungeon Meshi keeps surprising me. Defiantly one of the best shows of the season.

Senshi brought a few things I really liked in this episode. First being convenience and ease are not the same thing. Former relates to something that is made available and its easy to get and in most cases you trade for it. While ease is something that makes a task easier.

Both of these things could allow your skills to worsen since it is more convenient to buy something. Now the more skilled you are at a task it can be easier to accomplish. But the issue is what if it is easier to accomplish, but you end up with a worse product. I respect Senshi for always wanting to make sure his skill and his cooking is always up to standard.

Also his point that everything has a purpose. For example the golems are what keeps the more dangerous monsters from rising. Not only that but he gets some nice vegetables from harvesting them. The thing with the bathrooms (which I was surprised if there was a thing) well somebody has to clean them lmao.

Regard Marcille vs the Orc, Marcille kind of pointing out the flaws in his argument. The orcs have the thing where it's fine to do bad things if it means to survive. But the kid orc proved one thing, these orcs are evil creatures. And they can absolutely coexist with humans and elves.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_8.59.19_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_9.06.35_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_9.06.38_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_9.07.34_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_9.08.49_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_9.18.28_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_9.25.07_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_9.26.10_AM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
"My Instant Death Ability is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me!" literally is a great value Emmience and Konosuba. Much lower budget and jokes are more standard but a pretty decent parody. A perfect anime to watch when you multitasking.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_2.42.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_2.45.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_2.45.54_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_2.46.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_2.46.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_3.02.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_3.02.23_PM.png

:mjlol: :pachaha:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Witch and the Beast episode 3 finished adapting chapter 4 and fully adapted chapter 5. It's hard to not compare the action scenes to the manga which have fantastic art and choreography. And these actions scenes aren't as detailed.

Still I think the anime does a decent job with these action scenes considering its middle of the pack in terms of budget. Real nice highlight in this episode was Ashaf fully showing what he is capable of even with Guideau still in cursed form. By using the dummies to bait the kids to think they killed enough and using the crows to locate them it was checkmate. Nice to see that they don't need to use their trump card everytime. (After all it wouldn't be called a trump card if you needed to use it everytime.)

Few things to note. The first is the point Ashaf brings up that witches don't age and their power gets passed onto their descendants.

But the big thing in this episode toward the end was with the introduction of Forbidden Instruments. Those Grimoires, one kind of a Forbidden Instrument, corrupted their sons feelings towards their mom and well we knnow what they did as a result. You know what though I liked that Kiera gunned them down. Considering everything those kids put her through. I respect her descison, which you don't see too much in anime.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_7.47.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_7.47.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_8.04.27_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_8.15.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_8.15.59_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_8.17.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_8.18.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_8.18.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_8.18.40_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-25_at_8.21.56_PM.png

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Dropping Goblin slayer. Halfway through season 2 and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.

Tried undead unluxk but it didn’t keep me entertained.

Continuing to watch the witch and the beast & solo leveling. Gonna keep hunting for more shows :francis:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Unwanted Undead Adventurer as a pure fantasy has been pretty refreshing. Nice world building, very minimal tropes and the leads Renett and Lorraine feeling more like actual people in a fantasy setting then characters if that makes sense.

Visuals are solid nothing noteworthy though.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man Weakest Tamer is turning now only to be one of the big surprises so. Outstanding direction and visuals. The biggest thing it does a great job at making you feel great empathy for Ivy. Which is a big thing in a sad story like this. This episode was her origin story basically and it hit like a truck :mjcry:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_1.59.00_PM.png

Moments like this and you can see where she living what seems like a peaceful life for her family. But of course as given by what we know from the first two episodes this ain't going to continue happily.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_2.10.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_2.12.26_PM.png

Once she reaches 5 and gets her skill and star rank of the skill that is obviously where it all goes south. Visually the episode made it seem there is potential that she exceeded 3 stars, but given the bubble broke they just declared it as being starless. Which is a curse since stars are indicates being blessed by the gods. And well you can figure how relgious nut cases can be.

Screw the father, the first indication that not is this not my child, but ventures to want to kill the girl :pacspit:. I do wonder where the mother is in all of this. Is she a goner for giving birth to a starless child?

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_2.20.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_2.24.12_PM.png

God bless the fortune teller where there is some indication that she was also reincarnated into this world. If it wasn't for her Ivy wouldn't survive one day after her birthday and have the tools to start her journey when she turned 8. Unfortunately they are pinning everything on the child :mjcry: :pacspit: . Poor girl is going through so much hell that no person hell even a child should go through :mjcry:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_2.27.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-26_at_2.27.38_PM.png

But as we return to the present we see that given the nasty injury and as expected Sora fully heals Ivy. This point raises the great point of how low Ivy's life was. She was targeted as being a "witch" of the village by these religious nut cases and finally has her first companion who has her back. Really good stuff overall.