Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Embrace this neg
ezgif-3-ed6dcb7de6.gif
:mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Ragna Crimson pacing falling apart 2 episodes into the 2nd cour. This whole arc should have been 3 cours instead of 2. The latter part of this cour will likely better but it's a shame there is a good amount of context in terms of how scary the dragons that the anime is doing a poor job illustrating.

Well Crimson fukkery might be the only reason to keep watching the anime.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Apotecary Diaries is a really well made show, but the thing that keeps me watching weekly is the adjacent comedy. Jinshi having constant blue balls from Mao Mao is :mjlol: this dude can't be a eunuch, right? The way this show goes Mao Mao gonna find out by seeing him with a boner or something :dead:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Apothecary Diaries Episode 15

As soon as that younger brother walked in he was practically making it known he was guilty in some fashion. Honestly his motive is pretty common jealousy in the family is something you see even in todays modern society.

Lakim feels like the closest thing we have to antagonist in some fashion. Having traits similar to Maomao, but there is no way it can be Maomao given her age. It highly implies that maybe this was Maomao's mother. This makes me curious where she is now. I get a bad feeling Lakim did something in spite and if my hunch is right he is one sicko. Curious how Jinshi handles this going forward.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.06.36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.06.40_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.06.45_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.12.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.13.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.13.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.14.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.14.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.14.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.14.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.15.40_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-20_at_6.16.11_PM.png

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Apotecary Diaries is a really well made show, but the thing that keeps me watching weekly is the adjacent comedy. Jinshi having constant blue balls from Mao Mao is :mjlol: this dude can't be a eunuch, right? The way this show goes Mao Mao gonna find out by seeing him with a boner or something :dead:
I thought that when they that older concubine left and he was holding onto her I thought they would of done a reveal about him not being a eunuch but I guess they want to save it for a bigger moment.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I thought that when they that older concubine left and he was holding onto her I thought they would of done a reveal about him not being a eunuch but I guess they want to save it for a bigger moment.
Yeah, so far all we've gotten is Mao Mao's theory about the baby swapping so I guess we'll see that whole thing come full circle soon enough.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Shangri-La Frontier episode adapted Chapters 30 + 31 plus the first page of chapter 32. I really like this decision it ends the tone with the episode as this will be a long fight. They added more with Rei when she was nervous about sending the message to Sunraku. Also when Ashura Kai got attacked they added a shot of Psyger-100 which wasn't in the manga.

Also fun addition at the end to see everyone copy Towa, but the real Towa changed her hair. It goes to show that famous people can play these VR MMO's since fans will want to make their character be their idol. Although some of these were kind of cursed lmao.

Regarding the episode, it was Fun one before the big battle. Between Rei and Sunraku message exchange where Rei took way longer then she needed to. Arthur ratting out Ashura Kai was great. The best part of it was that it seems the leader was her brother. :russ:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9.44.34_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9.44.41_AM.png

The fight is starting and so far it looks good. Sunraku's reaction time is really good. Meanwhile Katzo seems very focused on Wethermond as he watches Sunraku fight him. It's clear that both of their adaptability skills is one of the big reasons why Arthur choose them. Though its quite evident this will be a long fight.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9.39.19_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9.39.35_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9.56.32_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9.57.26_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9.58.37_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9.58.50_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9.59.16_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9.59.18_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9.59.48_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_10.00.38_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_10.00.50_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_10.01.53_AM.png

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I’ll probably watch it before I continue the show.

The show really exceeded expectations.

All I need is Takemitchy to finally learn how to fight and hold his own.

:blessed: :blessed:
I ain't gonna lie, I stopped watching Tokyo revengers cause that nıgga was just too pụssy. All the side characters I fụcked with got murked. I may have to chalk it up, run through season 2 and enter season 3. If this nıgga don't grow no balls, I'm gonna be pissed.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
7th time Loop ep 3 builds on what the shows has down with the previous 2 episodes, with some really nice writing and even diverting from tropes where Rishe's character stands out rather rely on men to save her whenever she is in a bind. (Which is a poorly written trope that appears in these female led otomes & fantasy series.

This show continues to impress. Visually the ballroom dance was stunning. You could see immediately when he announced that Rishe as his future wife all those bytches just got jealous. She really drank the spicy wine well god damn. I imagine most woman wouldn't be able to handle that. But thanks to Rishe's various particular experiences, thats not much for her to handle.

Honestly the idea for her to evaluate the maids was very very smart. After all she was a maid in one of her loops. But the ending part of the episode really showcases Rishe. We typically all the head maid is an actual bytch and doesn't get chosen.

But rather here we get Rishe looking into Diana more so. And see that compared to the typical maid she is well educated. What she did in the annoucement was test her character. Once she reminded Diana how it was when she started and made the point of how much reading and writing helped her, I am glad she realized she was in the wrong.

Regarding Arnold's scar, my first guess would speculate it is due to his father perhaps, considering the fact he ends up killing him to start a war.

Very impressed with Rishe did. And this show's writing continues to be very very excellent so far.
One of my favorite new shows of this season.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_12.47.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_12.50.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_12.53.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_12.55.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_12.57.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_12.58.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_1.00.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_1.00.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_1.03.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_1.04.30_PM.png

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Enjoyed the first 3 episodes of solo leveling. The show is very good so far, but worried that the story will fall apart like it does for somewhat similar shows.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@LordDeathwatch

I'm going to throw this question out there. What do you think is the most crucial thing to an anime. The various things that come to mind is

• Visuals
  • Pacing
  • Voice Acting
  • Music
  • Direction (more so then writing because considering the fact ~95% of anime are adaptations.)
Obviously different series will favor one over the other. Battle series will depend on visuals more, while a big fantasy world will depend on pacing the most and for something like Romance & SoL Voice Acting is number 1.

Bad pacing can ruin and destroy any great manga. In fact the more I think about pacing is something that you have to get right because if not it really hinders you. Kingdom is a series in its first 2 seasons where only the pacing and voice acting was done right. But because of that the series was in a position where based on what I understand S3 gets a massive upgrade with Visuals and Direction and the series supposedly gets to a level that does the manga justice from what I heard.

Voice acting is something I think we take for granted. Considering how good and consistent it is. But you really notice something wrong when the voice acting is done purely since we are used to such a high standard.

Direction gets overlooked a lot of times, but great direction can be so crucial. How do you handle these great mangas/ novels and turn them into great anime. JJK, The Dangers in My Heart, Sousou no Frieren and Apothecary Diaries are various shows that not only live up to their various source materials, but even elevate them.

Visuals is kind of like a double edged sword. In both good and bad extreme points that can elevate or ruin an anime. But similar to music if the rest of the parts aren't there, great visuals can't really do its things. Overall visuals and music really require a strong foundation with the other 3 elements.

So for me given how consistent voice acting is I would say Direction and Pacing is the most crucial.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch

I'm going to throw this question out there. What do you think is the most crucial thing to an anime. The various things that come to mind is

• Visuals
  • Pacing
  • Voice Acting
  • Music
  • Direction (more so then writing because considering the fact ~95% of anime are adaptations.)
Obviously different series will favor one over the other. Battle series will depend on visuals more, while a big fantasy world will depend on pacing the most and for something like Romance & SoL Voice Acting is number 1.

Bad pacing can ruin and destroy any great manga. In fact the more I think about pacing is something that you have to get right because if not it really hinders you. Kingdom is a series in its first 2 seasons where only the pacing and voice acting was done right. But because of that the series was in a position where based on what I understand S3 gets a massive upgrade with Visuals and Direction and the series supposedly gets to a level that does the manga justice from what I heard.

Voice acting is something I think we take for granted. Considering how good and consistent it is. But you really notice something wrong when the voice acting is done purely since we are used to such a high standard.

Direction gets overlooked a lot of times, but great direction can be so crucial. How do you handle these great mangas/ novels and turn them into great anime. JJK, The Dangers in My Heart, Sousou no Frieren and Apothecary Diaries are various shows that not only live up to their various source materials, but even elevate them.

Visuals is kind of like a double edged sword. In both good and bad extreme points that can elevate or ruin an anime. But similar to music if the rest of the parts aren't there, great visuals can't really do its things. Overall visuals and music really require a strong foundation with the other 3 elements.

So for me given how consistent voice acting is I would say Direction and Pacing is the most crucial.
We're on the same page because I would have Pacing as an undisputed #1 and then Direction followed surprisingly by Voice Acting. People absolutely destroyed OPM because of a perceived abysmal drop in visuals but I still enjoyed it immensely because literally everything else was there. Kingdom is another excellent but extreme example for the visual argument.

One of the best points of reference for Music being key is FMA: Brotherhood/HxH because the score for everything from comedy to action to dramatic tension are things that really made or broke a moment. At the same time, both those series were extremely strong in every other category as well so I can't point to just that element but it was certainly key.

Pacing will absolutely murder a series, even if it's written and scored like an Oscar contender. If nothing ever happens or conversely, if it feels microwaved and unearned, it'll be a fatal flaw. God of High School and Ragnarok are the first offender that come to mind but there's plenty of others. It drops from a contender to tolerable time filler.

Voice Acting is key and underrated because if your badass, well built MC sounds like Pee Wee Herman or like they chew Newports, it definitely detracts from things and breaks immersion.