Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:what: Who the hell is responsible for making the English Titles? What happened to Dragon Ball, or Death Note, or Inuyasha? Lately it seems more and more titles are like abusing keeping it simple, stuff like Tokyo Revengers would be like -Takamichi- I was a coward in my youth until I went back in time and joined a Motorcycle Gang with 0 Fighting Ability.

One thing I love about the animes with the long titles is the basicness :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished my rewatch of High Card before S2 starts tomorrow and damn this was better then I remember it.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-07_at_6.28.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-07_at_7.00.49_PM.png

One main complaint people have with the series when the series focuses exclusively on Finn and the orphanage and Chris saving his sister. While I guess for overall main plot you could argue this was an odd decision but given season 2 was confirmed at the end of the finale its part of the process imo.

For these two guys their issues are really similar. Finn's goal from the jump was to support the orphanage since that was his first home after waking up from amnesia. After it gets burned down its Chris who brings him back up and mentions you can have more then one home. Basically more then one place to belong to. High Card being that.

Chris is the typical character who hides behind a mask. His father, himself and sister had a happy life till he got into an accident which forced his father to play a 4 card X-Hand to sacrifice his life for Chris. During the episode where he is with his sister is the first time he acted like a real person. As his sister is the last family member he has is willing to give up his life for his sister. But what he fails to understand is that for the rest of High Card him dying is the equivalent to a family member dying. Not to mention doing that to his sister is too cruel and she would likely turn cold like how Chris did after his father died.

So Finn decides to gamble and forces Chris to on play 3 hand. Instead of one dying they they both get to live .Presumably its with the indication some of his life stock was given to her but not all.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-07_at_6.24.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-07_at_6.30.42_PM.png

The power dynamic between Klondike and Pinochle is interesting. High Card being under Pinochle they serve as the underworld equivalent to justice, while Klondike strives to use the cards for their own purpose. On the surface level its seems its Good (Pinochle) vs Evil (Klondike). But between the flashback and them trying to kill Chris in the last 2 episodes, it makes you really question are the good guys in the underworld really good.

Or is justice just a convenient tool for them to carry out their goals, which is similar to the Klondikes. Also given the fact that Greg Young (head inspector) is close with both of the factions leaders it makes you wonder if Theodore, Greg and Ban were partners at one point? Then you have the thing with the Dark Knight, which there is so many questions about.

Animation and Art was great in S1. This show could be a sleeper come S2 if they deliver.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Finished my rewatch of High Card before S2 starts tomorrow and damn this was better then I remember it.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-07_at_6.28.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-07_at_7.00.49_PM.png

One main complaint people have with the series when the series focuses exclusively on Finn and the orphanage and Chris saving his sister. While I guess for overall main plot you could argue this was an odd decision but given season 2 was confirmed at the end of the finale its part of the process imo.

For these two guys their issues are really similar. Finn's goal from the jump was to support the orphanage since that was his first home after waking up from amnesia. After it gets burned down its Chris who brings him back up and mentions you can have more then one home. Basically more then one place to belong to. High Card being that.

Chris is the typical character who hides behind a mask. His father, himself and sister had a happy life till he got into an accident which forced his father to play a 4 card X-Hand to sacrifice his life for Chris. During the episode where he is with his sister is the first time he acted like a real person. As his sister is the last family member he has is willing to give up his life for his sister. But what he fails to understand is that for the rest of High Card him dying is the equivalent to a family member dying. Not to mention doing that to his sister is too cruel and she would likely turn cold like how Chris did after his father died.

So Finn decides to gamble and forces Chris to on play 3 hand. Instead of one dying they they both get to live .Presumably its with the indication some of his life stock was given to her but not all.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-07_at_6.24.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-07_at_6.30.42_PM.png

The power dynamic between Klondike and Pinochle is interesting. High Card being under Pinochle they serve as the underworld equivalent to justice, while Klondike strives to use the cards for their own purpose. On the surface level its seems its Good (Pinochle) vs Evil (Klondike). But between the flashback and them trying to kill Chris in the last 2 episodes, it makes you really question are the good guys in the underworld really good.

Or is justice just a convenient tool for them to carry out their goals, which is similar to the Klondikes. Also given the fact that Greg Young (head inspector) is close with both of the factions leaders it makes you wonder if Theodore, Greg and Ban were partners at one point? Then you have the thing with the Dark Knight, which there is so many questions about.

Animation and Art was great in S1. This show could be a sleeper come S2 if they deliver.

Im wait for another banger of a OP/ED

Also some more Love and Peace :takedat:

High-Card-04-22.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Seven Seas is really pushing through the audiobook version of Mushoku Tensei. Towards the end of this month they'll have reached volume 9. Considering the first book came out in September of 2023 they're about to pass the anime at this pace. Spotify lets me listen to 2 volumes a month of this at no extra charge.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Man never thought I would have a backlog

Got Attack on Titans
Bleach thousand year war
Got to pick up Tokyo Revengers again since brehs are raving about it
Got to pick up MHA again
Dark Gathering
Apot Diaries
High cards
Malevolent Spirit and a host of other shyt Om not thinking off not to include my seasonal watch of MID ass Isekais

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Im wait for another banger of a OP/ED

Also some more Love and Peace :takedat:

High-Card-04-22.jpg

That bytch was batshyt crazy :mjlol:.

But man that OP and ED was fukking heat. :banderas:

From a visual standpoint? Absolutely. That should be light work for someone that's survived early Kingdom though. :mjgrin:
Oh I know that would be easy for me :mjlol:

But more so speaking of what expectations would be for OPM. Imo when you experience the height of top notch visuals, which supposedly OPM S1 was that is how you want for it going forward. It's like going from premium steak to a homemade burger. Sure the contents of what you are eating is still good, but that steak will hit spots that burger won't. :wow:.

The funny thing about Kingdom you have the opposite in that S1 you were given the most inedible meal in the world and in S2 you are given something that is actually edible you just are thankful for that. And you are hopefully it continues to get better which you have said enough times how massive the jump is.

My point isn't that visual are everything because it aint. Visuals, music and voice acting are what can make an anime special. They can really make THE difference from a good anime to a great one. Helck and Frieren both have special well written stories, but the differences in animation is simply what separates these two as an easy example.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Mr. Villain's Day Off is fukking stupid hilarious.

Basically the guy is a baddie in a bunch of Intergalactic Aliens looking to blow up Earth, but protected by Power Rangers. However this deals with his life on his days off... like watching cute Pandas, getting pissed that his favorite ice cream bar is gone.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Mr. Villain's Day Off is fukking stupid hilarious.

Basically the guy is a baddie in a bunch of Intergalactic Aliens looking to blow up Earth, but protected by Power Rangers. However this deals with his life on his days off... like watching cute Pandas, getting pissed that his favorite ice cream bar is gone.

This manga is fukking hilarious and gets better with as it goes on :russ:

Was planning to binge it after the season since I already read it.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Man never thought I would have a backlog

Got Attack on Titans
Bleach thousand year war
Got to pick up Tokyo Revengers again since brehs are raving about it
Got to pick up MHA again
Dark Gathering
Apot Diaries
High cards
Malevolent Spirit and a host of other shyt Om not thinking off not to include my seasonal watch of MID ass Isekais
On the upside, you're going to be very happy with the content as you gradually find the time. That's some quality stuff. :ehh:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
images

I remember this getting a lot of praise from critics and wanted to check it out before my Crunchyroll free trial expired. Have to say it lived up to the hype. Beautiful animation, beautiful story, and great ending.