LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch God damn just finished watching Zheng's backstory man :mjcry:.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-02_at_6.52.21_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-02_at_7.07.14_PM.png

Having his father leaving Zhao after he was born. Left with a mother who practically hated him and cursed him for ruining her life. Torrmented that made his life miserable for being Qin. The fact that he was on the brick for so long is a miracle.

We learn why Xia Zi has such an important spot for him in the present. She saved him from both in both a physical and mental state of mind. And did more for him then that PoS mother ever did in his life.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-04_at_7.22.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-04_at_7.26.39_PM.png

Zi really was a great character in the small time she used. She was one who was saved by a man who sacrificed himself for her and repay all the lives that were sacrificed for him. (Assuming his own associates and alike.) She does the same for Zheng and we see how Zheng is simply striving to make a difference.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-04_at_7.53.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-04_at_7.56.07_PM.png

Now we get the reveal these 2 are working together. To add on it even more Zheng's mom holds not a single drop of love for her own flesh in blood. And this whole cat and mouse game is so she can trick her own son and be with Lu. :pacspit:

Lu's entire game has been manipulating things bit by bit so he can rise to more power and to what is now a minister. Gotta respect the threat that he makes. As evident beginning of the season with the negotiations he is not one to be taken lightly. The fact that Zheng's was at her happiest with Lu and he used her to claim power and she comes back to his side shows how mentally deranged she is.

Poor Xiang :francis:. You hate to see her getting stabbed at the end of the episode.
He's definitely got one of the worst backstories for a royal, dude was an unwanted b*stard turned bargaining chip turned starving pauper outcast turned heir by chance just to be hunted, traumatized and betrayed again and that's all before getting home. Then all the subterfuge and the coup from his own brother from the 1st season and now he's dealing with Lu.

Yeah, there's a very short list of guys with this amount of fukkery and to not even be the MC?

I will say his mother was one of the few characters that I genuinely didn't like. She's no Shou Tucker but she's legit unlikable and slimy, bih fukked up my vibe in every scene. If only a stray arrow could randomly dome this broad :wow:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This is exactly my kinda weird. A mangaka really thought out the anatomy of monsters and plants with enough depth to make it all a working biome, but did it with the awareness of how gross eating any of that ish would be. The mage's reactions were great :mjlol:
Man Trigger really doesn't miss these. Along with what seems like a full well written series and you have the makings of a real good one. Also its confirmed for 24 eps :blessed:

She was killing throughout :mjlol: Especially from this scene below when the did the double take :pachaha:

Screenshot_20240104-195339.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
After a rewatch of The Dangers of My Heart S1 also watched the adaptation of twitter shorts that they dropped this week before S2 starts this weekend. These shorts highlight the point why the manga is considered the best ongoing Rom-com and how the anime showcases how it deliver a story of growth and being a great example in storytelling of showing not telling.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Sousou no Frieren Episode 17 adapted Chapters 35+36 as expected. No any noticeable anime original changes by per usual these chapters were animated beautifully.

This episode highlights what I love about this series so much. Stark and Fern had a fight, which felt very real. Stark feeling sorry for doing something wrong to Fern, but Fern slightly felt scared for Stark grabbing her shoulder. Stark is really pure and Fern is still awkward and these two are still growing up. But of course Sein wants them to get together already like the rest of us.

The farewell with Sein is not a goodbye and hope I see you again. For Frieren its a goodbye and I will be looking forward to the next time we meet. Taking what many use as a negative and look at in a positive light. Which is one of the strongest points of this series.

Himmel 's quote when he says that children aren't the only ones who need emotional support couldn't be anymore true. Sure as you grow up you want to be independent and treated like an adult. But you shouldn't forget to rely and depend on cherished ones when the time requires of it.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_2.46.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_2.53.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_2.54.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_2.58.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_2.58.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_2.59.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_2.59.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_3.00.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_3.03.48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_3.08.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_3.09.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_3.23.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-05_at_3.28.41_PM.png

Also OP for 2nd cour is below

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Tried 3 different seasonals.

The first being "The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic". Honestly visuals wise it looked good. And so many of the common isekai troupes were not there being super refreshing. Rose makes a strong first impression. And tbh cast looks very likable this looks like a good one. Mc has a proficiency in healing magic, but given the title there is def a twist coming.

Another one I really liked was the "The Unwanted Undead Adventure". This seems to be basically follow how a low ranking adventure who dies and becomes a ghoul come back to being an adventurer. Episode had great direction and good visuals. Like Ishura could be a sleeper for this season.

Last one is "Pon no Michi". An original series we basically have 5 girls playing mahjong in their secret hideout. Also feature a talking duolingo that only Nashiko can hear. First episode had a fun vibe to it and obviously this show depends how well it can explain mahjong for the viewer.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I watched the movie breh.

:blessed: :blessed:
@LauderdaleBoss

The brother acted crazy as shyt compared to the one on the show. I was thinking they should off Kisaki in the anime, but he didn’t seem like he’d be down with that. In the movie though, he was out for Mikey lmao.

I think he’s a better character when rational, but I could see him saying something like that later in the show.

That last fight in the movie was done a lot better than in the show. They really stepped it up in that scene and made it more into a fight.

@LordDeathwatch

I got 2 episodes left until I gotta watch sub.

Just finished the Christmas battle.

Man when Takemitchy punched that nikka with the red jacket in the face, finally!!

:wow::wow:

That had to be the best part of the show for me. nikkas was just trying their hardest to beat that nikka, but just couldn’t.

Reminds me of all those shounen battles of fighting an OP villain.

And I know they not gonna just have one of the bad dudes in heels like it’s normal.

I was like wtf

:mjlol::mjlol:

I can already tell now that Takemitchy and Kisaki got beef because Hinata loves Takemitchy. I kinda didn’t want it to go that way, but they were kids at the time, he just couldn’t accept Hina liking Takemitchy. That’s my guess anyway, I wonder how things will play out.

Anyway, it was good to finally see Takemitchy get a hit on a main villain when no one else really could.

And he got another chick feelin him now too. Talkin about she don’t mind it being a one sided crush.

:mjlol: :mjlol:

I gotta watch the rest of this show.

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

@LauderdaleBoss

The brother acted crazy as shyt compared to the one on the show. I was thinking they should off Kisaki in the anime, but he didn’t seem like he’d be down with that. In the movie though, he was out for Mikey lmao.

I think he’s a better character when rational, but I could see him saying something like that later in the show.

That last fight in the movie was done a lot better than in the show. They really stepped it up in that scene and made it more into a fight.

@LordDeathwatch

Man when Takemitchy punched that nikka with the red jacket in the face, finally!!

That had to be the best part of the show for me. nikkas was just trying their hardest to beat that nikka, but just couldn’t.

And I know they not gonna just have one of the bad dudes in heels like it’s normal.

I was like wtf

I can already tell now that Takemitchy and Kisaki got beef because Hinata loves Takemitchy. I kinda didn’t want it to go that way, but they were kids at the time, he just couldn’t accept Hina liking Takemitchy. That’s my guess anyway, I wonder how things will play out.

Anyway, it was good to finally see Takemitchy get a hit on a main villain when no one else really could.

Yeah bro, the Christmas battle is one of those moments that stick with you for the rest of the series. With you switching to the sub, it'll be a slight adjustment but I don't think it's going to hinder your enjoyment at all. The voice actors do a great job of conveying that emotion so you won't miss a beat.

As far as Hinata, bros before hoes is a thing for a reason. Those who forget always regret it in the end. :hubie:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

@LauderdaleBoss

@LordDeathwatch

I was like wtf

And he got another chick feelin him now too. Talkin about she don’t mind it being a one sided crush.

Yooooo my nikka I'm glad you fukked with the movie. Told you that shyt was dope as hell. They really did the anime justice and did some things better. Plus they ended it on a good part.

All your questions will be answered in Season 3 which is bananas :ohlawd:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
As far as Hinata, bros before hoes is a thing for a reason. Those who forget always regret it in the end. :hubie:
I like Takemitchy’s dub voice better. I only listened to a second, but his sub voice sounds way deeper and too cool for him.

What you mean breh? I thought Kisaki
was a hoe ass nikka from the jump.

Does something else happen?

Don’t tell me Hina does my boy Takemitchy dirty!?

I hope she doesn’t.

Does something with her Happen this season? I might have to look it up if it’s not in this season.

:ohhh: :ohhh:

Last edited:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Yooooo my nikka I'm glad you fukked with the movie. Told you that shyt was dope as hell. They really did the anime justice and did some things better. Plus they ended it on a good part.

All your questions will be answered in Season 3 which is bananas :ohlawd:
Yeah I really liked how they had the fights at night. I wish they did that during the show.

I’m watching sub now I can’t wait lol.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
@LauderdaleBoss

When you said the payoff for Takemitchy was worth it, did that part already happen?

Because in the new OP I still see him getting his ass beat lmao.

I think he might be runnin in circles now trying to get kisaki back into Toman to keep Mikey from wildin out, because with him in Toman, the future was still bad for them.

I really wonder if he’ll stick with that plan or not, but to me it doesn’t make much sense because what will he do to change the future if he does come back?

I like this show for making me think like this.

I’ve been feenin to watch it everyday since I started.

I hope Takemitchy beats his ass and some other people too.

Only like 12 episodes left. I enjoyed the shyt out of this show.

:mjcry: :mjgrin: