Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I liked Suzume, though I can understand in a sense if the movie was just too bittersweet for a movie.

Above ^

I dont even think it was bitter sweet. I just thought the pacing was horrible a lot of the characters and sub plots weren’t really given time to breathe. It’s like they couldn’t decide on the type of movie they wanted it to be.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Above ^

I dont even think it was bitter sweet. I just thought the pacing was horrible a lot of the characters and sub plots weren’t really given time to breathe. It’s like they couldn’t decide on the type of movie they wanted it to be.

Actually I think that's where the big problem with this movie is... it really doesn't hit you fully, unless your Japanese yourself.

Suzume's entire trauma was on losing her mother in the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami; as the road trip was going to a village that was lost to the Tsunami.

Each checkpoint they went to; The Spa, The School, The Carnival Grounds, The Village... they were once places teeming with life, joy, happiness... and now they sit, abandoned... dead... just never to be used again.

Which leads to Japan's current crisis, the old are getting older, but there is less and less kids being born; leading to more abandoned places, places to be taken over by nature, and with it, the past... forgotten.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
and its terrible :mjlol: hell's paradise and goblin slayer over jjk because he wants attention
11 years deep and still can't troll properly. AOT as the GOAT anime too, shyt is too obvious.

no-going.gif

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
11 years deep and still can't troll properly. AOT as the GOAT anime too, shyt is too obvious.

no-going.gif

Naaaaaaaa naaaaa naaaaaa don’t leave nicca:skip:

We ain’t cross paths in some time and been kinda keeping our distance, not breaking the peace treaty

But I been waiting for this.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Actually I think that's where the big problem with this movie is... it really doesn't hit you fully, unless your Japanese yourself.

Suzume's entire trauma was on losing her mother in the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami; as the road trip was going to a village that was lost to the Tsunami.

Each checkpoint they went to; The Spa, The School, The Carnival Grounds, The Village... they were once places teeming with life, joy, happiness... and now they sit, abandoned... dead... just never to be used again.

Which leads to Japan's current crisis, the old are getting older, but there is less and less kids being born; leading to more abandoned places, places to be taken over by nature, and with it, the past... forgotten.

Again, the entire movie should have been built around the road trip aspect and that narrative because that sounds a lot more interesting than the 15-20 minutes all that stuff actually takes place in

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You really sellin this shyt.

So you saying this like an anime Warriors?

:ohhh: :ohhh:

Yes.

I'm not even selling it like that. Just being objective and calling it like I see it.

Show is quality if you enjoy/like certain shyt. Show is mid if you don't.

I rather you hear from a nikka that actually liked the show on why to watch it then, take advice from nikkas that don't fukk with it.

That's like letting some gay nikka convince you not to holla at some dime. :childplease: