T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
i don’t usually rewatch episodes of anime until I’m doing a full rewatch but I’ve rewatched the last episode of JJK 3 times. Absolutely insane. Still makes no sense to me but I love it. My only real issue is why did
Megumi unleash that monster on a complete jobber :pachaha: ?You would’ve thought he would’ve unleashed that on his pops. That weak ass mfer didn’t warrant that. Also why is Sukana’s domain expansion different? I didn’t understand the explanation. And can someone explain domain expansions in general to me:russ:. I used to get the concept during the first season but I refuse to google JJK cause I’m avoiding spoilers like the plague. Like what are the conditions for one to use a domain expansion?
Domains are nowhere near as confusing as theyre being presented

You make a barrier

Your technique manifest how it looks, jogo's was all lava, Mahito was hands everywhere

Your technique is an automatic hit unless they interrupt it with their own domain expansion or use a simple domain, both cancel out the automatic hit, we saw Megumi doing this against Dagon, it saved everyone, UI UI used it to stop smallpox Diety from dropping that rock on his head as well.

That's a regular Domain situation.

Sukuna made his shyt appear without a barrier around it, ironically, when you put your own ability at a handicap like that(people had the ability to escape it since no barrier) you boost it's power, that's a separate thing called a Binding Vow and multiple characters have used it to boost their abilities.

Open Domain + Binding Vow = stronger attack with a boosted range

We never seen another sorcerer come up with some shyt like that, it just shows Sukuna knows way more about sorcery than everyone else in the cast

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Welp

Based on this trailer they about to speed run through a million chapters like they did season 1. Some of the illest pull ups and finessing could potentially get ruined :francis:

Even if they go 24 episodes, some of these panels they showed just now are miles apart iirc :picard: imagine the outrage if they did One Piece like this

That was a bullshyt "trailer" tho, it's a webtoon, every single panel they showed was from the comic, absolutely nothing animated was shown

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
What was confusing about domains for y'all this week? :patrice: that's one of his least egregious elements imo. He does do bullshyt alot but on my reread I've noticed a lot of the times it's just nikkas forgetting stuff that got explained,

The breh above me literally just posted he forgot how they worked, a lot of y'all are refusing to say that part, then taking some moments where he WAS definitely on some bullshyt, and then throwing that blanket over the entire story :mjlol: nah nikkas it's half and half. We can call out the nonsense without over exaggerating.

I do hate the way this nikka explains stuff tho, he's re-explained simple domains like 4 different times but it's literally the same thing being used a different way :upsetfavre:Characters using binding vows left and right but extremely quickly and without explanation so people don't understand it's all the same thing, etc. I get he wants people to just remember shyt so things can happen quicker, but the wording itself is so inconsistent even if the concept is exactly the same

And these anime subtitles are very different from what the manga translations have been for years :dahell: we in a kitchen now? I'm seeing they getting clowned for the mistake, shyt had me thinking I was crazy for a sec, they gotta tighten the translations up, makes me think about how they made the wording in Tower of God anime extra confusing at times for no reason
Well to be fair Japanese is a context heavy language so same words can have a different meaning. Even if the anime and manga have the same kanji used, but a different translator is used they can interrupt it in english differently. A literally 1:1 translation is awful in most cases. Plus keep in mind Crunchyroll doesn't offer shyt to its translators. It's awful working conditions most prob hate their jobs. The JJK translation isn't a wrong translation, but its def awkward in the text its used in the show.

If anyone cares go to this link as it goes into more detail

Honestly if HiDive goes down translation quality might just get worse and worse as Sony has a monopoly on the anime industry. And most of fan subs aren't a thing since 99% of anime each season gets translated. It's a whats a point situation.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Domains are nowhere near as confusing as theyre being presented

You make a barrier

Your technique manifest how it looks, jogo's was all lava, Mahito was hands everywhere

Your technique is an automatic hit unless they interrupt it with their own domain expansion or use a simple domain, both cancel out the automatic hit, we saw Megumi doing this against Dagon, it saved everyone, UI UI used it to stop smallpox Diety from dropping that rock on his head as well.

That's a regular Domain situation.

Sukuna made his shyt appear without a barrier around it, ironically, when you put your own ability at a handicap like that(people had the ability to escape it since no barrier) you boost it's power, that's a separate thing called a Binding Vow and multiple characters have used it to boost their abilities.

Open Domain + Binding Vow = stronger attack with a boosted range

We never seen another sorcerer come up with some shyt like that, it just shows Sukuna knows way more about sorcery than everyone else in the cast
Just look at how long this post is, but then you claim it's not complicated :mjlol:

Another thing is I hate the verbiage of "guaranteed hit" as if sukuna wasn't putting hands and feet on that thing. It got impaled by a power circuit or some shyt. I guess they are saying that it missed. :mjlol:

"Guaranteed hit" is not describing what's happening to people put into domain expansions whatsoever.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
domains aren't confusing? bro WHAT

there isn't a single consistent thing about domain expansion :laff: don't get me started on reverse cursed energy. that shyt is literally plot armor

half the time shyt don't even follow its own rules JUST to create additional suspense lmao

Reverse Cursed Technique got nikkas regenerating like Majin Buu :dead: :dead:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Just look at how long this post is, but then you claim it's not complicated :mjlol:

Another thing is I hate the verbiage of "guaranteed hit" as if sukuna wasn't putting hands and feet on that thing. It got impaled by a power circuit or some shyt. I guess they are saying that it missed. :mjlol:

"Guaranteed hit" is not describing what's happening to people put into domain expansions whatsoever.
Bruh that explanation in person is barely a minute's worth of talking

:dwillhuh: bruh what are you talking about, domain had nothing to do with him using his hands and feet, and NONE of that was during his domain expansion, that was just their regular fight with crazy animation

:hhh: are you watching the same show?

"Guaranteed hit" refers to his slashing technique, when he used it that's when you saw everything get chopped up all in one moment. We quite literally saw that, and they showed us how the slashing didn't stop until he ended the domain and used the fire move.

What is your brain implying that guaranteed hit means? We saw nanmin and them getting auto-hit by the fish curse at the start of the fight, we saw Mei Mei and UI UI get auto-hit by the smallpox curse, that's all it's referring to

It's wild you literally had no idea what you were looking at :wow:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

there isn't a single consistent thing about domain expansion :laff: don't get me started on reverse cursed energy. that shyt is literally plot armor

half the time shyt don't even follow its own rules JUST to create additional suspense lmao
Y'all not explaining what you're confused about, outside of the simple domain stuff, the regular domain explanations have been pretty uniform

The breh who did respond had zero idea when the domain even started, thought they whole fist fight was in the expansion, does that count as confusing writing or a nikka just not paying attention? :unimpressed: tell me where you got confused and we can talk about it or you're proving my point here

This story did not get confusing until well after this point, y'all gonna feel ridiculous when you go back and rewatch this stuff and realize it was straight up told and shown to you

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Honestly thats not even the worst. When next season when they introduced Hakari and his fukking jackpot bullshyt :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bruh that explanation in person is barely a minute's worth of talking

:dwillhuh: bruh what are you talking about, domain had nothing to do with him using his hands and feet, and NONE of that was during his domain expansion, that was just their regular fight with crazy animation

:hhh: are you watching the same show?

"Guaranteed hit" refers to his slashing technique, when he used it that's when you saw everything get chopped up all in one moment. We quite literally saw that, and they showed us how the slashing didn't stop until he ended the domain and used the fire move.

What is your brain implying that guaranteed hit means? We saw nanmin and them getting auto-hit by the fish curse at the start of the fight, we saw Mei Mei and UI UI get auto-hit by the smallpox curse, that's all it's referring to

It's wild you literally had no idea what you were looking at :wow:
nah. guaranteed hit was literally the language used when first explaining what the point of a domain expansion was

since then, that 'hit' has changed from physical, to spiritual, to changing the environment itself, etc
and 'guaranteed' has changed from gradual/limited damage, to control effects, to conditions which eventually lead to death
and then there's partial domains that escape the loose definitions of both as well as the space required to use certain functions too
then you have changing restrictions on what's necessary to escape, damage, or penetrate the barrier too

like you got people getting locked in caskets, crushed by boulders, and that's not even the actual 'hit' and its just breezed over like wtf :dead:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I do hate the way this nikka explains stuff tho, he's re-explained simple domains like 4 different times but it's literally the same thing being used a different way :upsetfavre:Characters using binding vows left and right but extremely quickly and without explanation so people don't understand it's all the same thing, etc. I get he wants people to just remember shyt so things can happen quicker, but the wording itself is so inconsistent even if the concept is exactly the same
100% this. I've also re read a lot of chapters the past few weeks and it's really :ohhh: how A LOT of shyt went over my head because of different wording, and specially the placing of his explanations. shyt be coming out of nowhere while you already trying to figure out what the fukking is going on in a fight or encounter :dead: so it's very easy to forget or get confused when the same thing is explained in 4 different ways in months apart and in different contexts.

Not when it was in Sukuna's domain :dwillhuh:

Look, I'm not gonna defend Gege's power system because that shyt IS confusing but the anime made it pretty clear that:

1.- Sukuna took a while to figure out what the fukk was Mahoraga's deal.

2.- Once he realized Mahoraga's ability was to adapt to anything (that's after he impaled it and all that shyt) he decided to use his Domain Expansion.

3.- In the Domain Expansion it's explained pretty clearly that Malevolent Shrine is a series of cuts that never stop until the Domain is gone, and that Sukuna had to slice Mahoraga up quicker than it could adapt and he needed to use something it hadn't adapted prior, so he uses "(Open)" to burn the fukker WHILE slicing (and destroying) everything.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
nah. guaranteed hit was literally the language used when first explaining what the point of a domain expansion was

since then, that 'hit' has changed from physical, to spiritual, to changing the environment itself, etc
and 'guaranteed' has changed from gradual/limited damage, to control effects, to conditions which eventually lead to death
and then there's partial domains that escape the loose definitions of both as well as the space required to use certain functions too
then you have changing restrictions on what's necessary to escape, damage, or penetrate the barrier too

like you got people getting locked in caskets, crushed by boulders, and that's not even the actual 'hit' and its just breezed over like wtf :dead:
To me, Domain Expansion was something Gege clearly regretted as soon as he presented the concept.

It really went from the ultimate techinique with a guaranteed hit that would probably fukk you up/kill you to immediately introducing ways to avoid the hit or big damage :russ:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
To me, Domain Expansion was something Gege clearly regretted as soon as he presented the concept.

It really went from the ultimate techinique with a guaranteed hit that would probably fukk you up/kill you to immediately introducing ways to avoid the hit or big damage :russ:
straight up

it went from, if you're pulled into one - you're cooked.

then it became some weird anime version of SAW x Deathnote where gege just decides to imagine wild shyt together just for the sake of spectacle and tension