tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Season 3 and 4 going to have you all kinds of fukkeup :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ:
I think that was when I was trying to just understand what Gege was using as explanation and I just gave up. :hubie:

Honestly Gege despite being labeled a misogynist writes characters very well. Yuji, Gojo, Getou, Megumi, Maki, Mai & Yuta were all very well written I would say. Each of their development was really good.

Writing of the story itself and the whole convoluted power scaling is where people be like :skip:. When people prop up JJK IT IS NOT these things.

Demon slayer was wild overrated. JJK is cool, cant say its GOAT'd yet, but so far its better than all them other shonens. Chainsaw mayn aint get enough episodes, but i think it is also better than demonslayer. i bushed AOT a long time ago so wont speak on it :hubie:
Well if we being honest with battle shonens its mostly about the fights. Demon Slayer got high animation, but in reality its pretty generic. Fun show but the hype for it was way out of line. JJK does get credit of breaking what you see in standard shonen. Plus fights go insane.

If we talking strictly story wise you gonna find better stuff out there. (AOT not being one of them since that became more convoluted as time went on)

Dr. Stone went hard as fukk today. nikkas brought the burner out. :blessed:
Man talk about a show that stays consistent as fukk. Part one of New World was slowly setting the stage for what we are getting in part two. This show hasn't missed since like episode 2 in part two.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Not gone lie, I have no clue how curse energy works. Their explanation be tantamount to Star Trek technobabble. shyt be making no sense. Even HXH Nen as convoluted as it gets had a easier working system :laugh:

Because GOAT narrator explained shyt so you weren't fukking lost.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Lol facts. None of this shyt makes sense to me but the piff is so uncut I don’t even care:pachaha:.

:russ: Jujutsu Sorcerers outright chilling in Shibuya, then they outright making gang signs with their fingers like they are part of some crew, and then a building blows up and they were like, :youngsabo: "You saw this shyt, huh? Well like I am a part of the Tae-Bo Clan, and this shyt was passed down. But since your like Some Special Grade curse, you probably knew about THAT but didn't know I ran with the Tae-Bo Clan. Oh wait, your like a A-Grade Cursed Spirit, my bad."

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
JJK - If Kal-El and Zod has magic and didn't give 2 fukks about those puny humans. :wow::blessed:

I'm tired of you MFers not putting respek on ToG and GoHS names. :ufdup: Manhwas are fire. :ohlawd: The problem is Crunchyroll fukked up the landing. :scust:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
So far so good with JJK season 2 where I'm at right now but I gotta say that either I'm just old or the breakneck pace of current anime is just not rewarding. It's hard to have attachment to these characters and care about the stakes of who lives or dies when I haven't had a chance to get to know them. I've seen season 1 twice but have already forgotten the names of every character not named Yuji or Gojo so I don't have any investment in what happens to anybody.

When you watching the more slower paced anime you have time to grow into the characters and get to know them so when the action comes there's suspense. Right now this is just action scene after action scene and I haven't had a chance to actually learn and get into the world.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
So far so good with JJK season 2 where I'm at right now but I gotta say that either I'm just old or the breakneck pace of current anime is just not rewarding. It's hard to have attachment to these characters and care about the stakes of who lives or dies when I haven't had a chance to get to know them. I've seen season 1 twice but have already forgotten the names of every character not named Yuji or Gojo so I don't have any investment in what happens to anybody.

When you watching the more slower paced anime you have time to grow into the characters and get to know them so when the action comes there's suspense. Right now this is just action scene after action scene and I haven't had a chance to actually learn and get into the world.

:sas2:

@42 Monks

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

Since we keeping it 100 here. I still don't know what any of their motivation is to do what they do. Especially Yuji

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

You are not wrong but I think it's for the best in this current era. Nowadays battle shounen doing deep character development leads to whole arcs of pure filler that make people go :unimpressed: or long flashbacks that become a hilarious troupe/meme. And it leads to plot armor that negates death as an option to anyone worth a damn (exept the old mentor figure or a 1 good secondary character)..

JJK certainly goes overboard with it, as very few characters get any time or focus and it's mostly the villains that have the sort of dedication we usually see for the MC and his gang. Gege is hilarious in how he throws a quick flashback just to do the bare minimum :russ:

But at least to me, it works. The whole setting is about the good guys being in a huge disadvantage unless Gojo is involved. Special grades curses are not to be fukked with and the rankings of sorcerers tells you how much of a chance or how much help they gonna need on any given fight. That's way they gang up on curses whenever they can. It's desperate times 24/7 and there's no long term storytelling.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Since we keeping it 100 here. I still don't know what any of their motivation is to do what they do. Especially Yuji

Yeah like they gave a backstory to the blue haired guy in the cast earlier
and how he got recruited as a jit, dude's like "will my sister be happy if I become a sorceror? :lupe:"

Gojo goes "no but be strong :unimpressed:"

Like what kind of motivational backstory is that? :dead:

Then you expect me to actually care when he gets into a high stakes battle later when this man has the personality of a doorknob? I don't even remember his ability :mjlol:

You are not wrong but I think it's for the best in this current era. Nowadays battle shounen doing deep character development leads to whole arcs of pure filler that make people go :unimpressed: or long flashbacks that become a hilarious troupe/meme. And it leads to plot armor that negates death as an option to anyone worth a damn (exept the old mentor figure or a 1 good secondary character)..

JJK certainly goes overboard with it, as very few characters get any time or focus and it's mostly the villains that have the sort of dedication we usually see for the MC and his gang. Gege is hilarious in how he throws a quick flashback just to do the bare minimum :russ:

But at least to me, it works. The whole setting is about the good guys being in a huge disadvantage unless Gojo is involved. Special grades curses are not to be fukked with and the rankings of sorcerers tells you how much of a chance or how much help they gonna need on any given fight. That's way they gang up on curses whenever they can. It's desperate times 24/7 and there's no long term storytelling.
I think they need to achieve balance. Every anime can't be john wick man. That's why these shows are hot on twitter for a few weeks and disappear from people's minds. It's not because of social media or short attention spans, it's because they are using shortcuts.

That said I'm not ragging on JJK, I like it, I'm almost fully caught up.