Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I was more about starting next week but to think Mappa only had the delay after Secret Inventory cause it was needed to finish on time with that stupid insane production schedule. Shibuya is just a great arc that they can get away with it, but Mappa better becareful because if they continue this bullshyt or make it even worse its gonna finally stab them in the back.
To be honest, Chainsaw Man -which is the IP Mappa has the most stakes on by far- might get fukked again :dead:

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
To be honest, Chainsaw Man -which is the IP Mappa has way the most stakes by far- might get fukked again :dead:
CSM S2 they HAVE to nail. If they fukk it up you aint getting the manga crowd. Which would be a giant L on Mappa's front.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Hey welcome to how us manga readers are half the time :mjgrin:

@Ironman is the man with the analysis thats all that I know
full

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I need some cliff notes for that JJk episode lol idk wtf was going on
Megumi was going to get killed by the piece of shyt curse user with blonde hair (Haruta, the one who fought Nobara and got the shyt beat out of by Nanami), the only ace Fushiguro had in his sleeve was force the blonde fukker to be part of a ritual with the only one of the 10 shadows that has never been tamed: Mahoraga, knowing full well that the Shikigami was going to kill the curse user and kill Megumi as well.

So, what happens next:

1.- Sukuna realizes something is going on so he tells Uraume to keep waiting and get ready (we don't know for what yet). So he shows up, saves the blonde fukker and realizes that Megumi just kamikazed himself and unleashed Mahoraga. In order to stop Maho, Sukuna has to defeat it.

2.- Sukuna once again says he needs Megumi for something so he heals him up a little before going to battle.

3.- Sukuna vs Maho. It's basically 12 minutes of Sukuna using his "Cleave" technique on everyhing in his path in order to hurt and try to defeat Mahoraga. Because Maho is such a beast and "Cleave" adjust to the level it needs to cut the oppoent, all of Shibuya gets fukked up beyond recognition. You basically saw two tornados destroy that whole part of the city.

4.- As the fight continues, Sukuna begins to understand how Mahoraga works. It's a a Shikigame that adapts to all phenomena, so every time it got sliced up by an attack, it adapted and then the circle crown above its head moved, starting a new cycle with a Mahoraga with more knowledge and no injuries. Sukuna laughs because he realizes that's the technique Megumi wanted to unleash in season 1, which would've killed Sukuna with the amount of fingers he had back then.

5.- Once he realized what the fukk Maho was about, Sukuna unleashed his Domain Expansion, which is different from other DE (we get the full explanation in the anime). The surefire hit consists of a series of "Cleaves" and "Dismantles" (which fukk up non curse users) and a 140 meters radius (which Sukuna reduced from 200 meters so he wouldn't hurt Megumi).

6.- The attack defeats Mahoraga and also completely destroys everything in the 140 meter radius, including the people in it.

7.- Sensing he's about to lose control of Yuji's body, Sukuna leaves Megumi in front of Shoko, who has the ability to heal him up. And before he gives control back, Sukuna stands right in front of the destruction he created so he can torture Yuji by letting him see the devastation AND get the memories of everything Sukuna did while in control.

PS: We also get an explanations of Haruta's technique. Which basically stores small everyday "miracles" and releases them when his life is in danger in order to save him. It's explained those miracle had been drained in order to save him from Nanami's ass beating. So when Sukuna tells him to go away, he Cleaves him and dies.

PS2: When explaining Maho's power, we get a flashback of Gojo telling Megumi than hundreds of years ago, someone from the Gojo clan had the same techniques as him, and someone from the Zenin clan had Megumi's 10 shadows technique. When they fought each other, both died, implying that Fushiguro has the potential to be on THAT kind of level.

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Despite all the news on Mappa I'm really happy they adapted these Sukuna moments in Shibuya so well. Sukuna is literally adapting on the fly. And he hasn't been serious since ep 2 of S1. Hell Gojo hasn't either if we being honest he just got sealed due to the shock of his dead friend being right in front of him.

This is one of those episodes you gotta watch a 2nd time to really absorb it in. It really was mesmerizing if I had to call it something. Poor Yuji man. Most shonen you got a person in Sukuna's body as an ally, but here Sukuna does nothing but bring him pain and misfortune. Him just absorbing all those events they didn't have to my boy like that :mjcry: These 2 images speak volumes man

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-11-16_at_2.07.14_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-11-16_at_2.10.36_PM.png

One little note as a manga reader (kind of a big spoiler): It's cool to see this is point where it hits you that Sukuna is after Megumi's techniques. Like there was foreshadowing before but after this episode (or chapter in the manga) it's clear that he is after Megumi's cursed techniques.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Megumi was going to get killed by the piece of shyt curse user with blonde hair (Haruta, the one who fought Nobara and got the shyt beat out of by Nanami), the only ace Fushiguro had in his sleeve was force the blonde fukker to be part of a ritual with the only one of the 10 shadows that has never been tamed: Mahoraga, knowing full well that the Shikigami was going to kill the curse user and kill Megumi as well.

So, what happens next:

1.- Sukuna realizes something is going on so he tells Uraume to keep waiting and get ready (we don't know for what yet). So he shows up, saves the blonde fukker and realizes that Megumi just kamikazed himself and unleashed Mahoraga. In order to stop Maho, Sukuna has to defeat it.

2.- Sukuna once again says he needs Megumi for something so he heals him up a little before going to battle.

3.- Sukuna vs Maho. It's basically 12 minutes of Sukuna using his "Cleave" technique on everyhing in his path in order to hurt and try to defeat Mahoraga. Because Maho is such a beast and "Cleave" adjust to the level it needs to cut the oppoent, all of Shibuya gets fukked up beyond recognition. You basically saw two tornados destroy that whole part of the city.

4.- As the fight continues, Sukuna begins to understand how Mahoraga works. It's a a Shikigame that adapts to all phenomena, so every time it got sliced up by an attack, it adapted and then the circle crown above its head moved, starting a new cycle with a Mahoraga with more knowledge and no injuries. Sukuna laughs because he realizes that's the technique Megumi wanted to unleash in season 1, which would've killed Sukuna with the amount of fingers he had back then.

5.- Once he realized what the fukk Maho was about, Sukuna unleashed his Domain Expansion, which is different from other DE (we get the full explanation in the anime). The surefire hit consists of a series of "Cleaves" and "Dismantles" (which fukk up non curse users) and a 140 meters radius (which Sukuna reduced from 200 meters so he wouldn't hurt Megumi).

6.- The attack defeats Mahoraga and also completely destroys everything in the 140 meter radius, including the people in it.

7.- Sensing he's about to lose control of Yuji's body, Sukuna leaves Megumi in front of Shoko, who has the ability to heal him up. And before he gives control back, Sukuna stands right in front of the destruction he created so he can torture Yuji by letting him see the devastation AND get the memories of everything Sukuna did while in control.

PS: We also get an explanations of Haruta's technique. Which basically stores small everyday "miracles" and releases them when his life is in danger in order to save him. It's explained those miracle had been drained in order to save him from Nanami's ass beating. So when Sukuna tells him to go away, he Cleaves him and dies.
Appreciate it breh! :myman:

Super helpful breakdown.

Let me get one thing straight Megumi was going to sacrifice himself just to kill that one blonde dude :skip:

Would that big dude have disappeared if he killed both of them?

Also what do they mean by subjugate? How do you subjugate the shadows?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
CSM S2 they HAVE to nail. If they fukk it up you aint getting the manga crowd. Which would be a giant L on Mappa's front.
And that's why it might bite them in the ass. They are gonna try to rush it and they already had a more difficult job considering they were trying a very hard thing to do with Season 1 (perfect blend of CGI and traditional animation). I don't know if they'll completely change the stye for season 2 and go for something more traditional or try to keep improving what they did in S1 (which at least to me, it was still impressive as fukk given what they were aiming for).

Super helpful breakdown.

Let me get one thing straight Megumi was going to sacrifice himself just to kill that one blonde dude :skip:

Megumi had been very close to summoning Mahoraga like two or three other times (once against Sukuna). Dude has always been on the verge of sacrificing himself. Why he chose Haruta to finally do it I honestly can't remember. I think it was because he felt he was going to die anyway so fukk that blonde piece of shyt :heh:

You tame a Shikigami by doing an exorcism. We never see Megumi do one, but it's implied he did it for all of the shadows he's summoned before.

Yes, once the ritual was over, Mahoraga would've disappeared, at least that's how I understand it. What makes it a "fukk you" move by Megumi is that for you to subjugate a shikigami, you have to do it by yourself. If someone else helps you, the shadow is not under your control, it just disappears. So Fushiguro went "good luck with this one, byeee :umad:" and assumed he was going to die.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Kenshin remake is starting with his next arc by adapting the Restoration manga which I believe is just a side story.

Gotta love the thought process that if they can't afford health care just get rid of them. Over here in the United States it reminds me how expensive medicare can, but there is a line you just don't cross and good thing Kenshin is here. Well no surprise they trying to eliminate Dr. Elder because if your competitor offers a better deal then you that is a business problem. Curious who the muscle they are bringing to fight Kenshin. Next episode we should have a nice fight. :ehh:

3b0iJpM.jpeg

It was obvious Dr. Elder was a woman. But its safe to assume that if she were to be a doctor as a female there would be a gender bias saying see isn't capable of being a doctor. Curious what her story behind it is.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Super helpful breakdown.

Let me get one thing straight Megumi was going to sacrifice himself just to kill that one blonde
dude :skip:

Remember in season one Gojo was speaking to Megumi about dying to win and risking death to win? This is a continuation of that :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: Megumi from episode 4 I believe when he fought Sukuna has pretty much been on a suicide long ass mission because he knows he summon Maho if it gets bad. He doesn't believe in his own strength enough and Gojo been trying to drill it into his head that he has ridiculous potential. Except unlike Yuji Megumi thinks too gotdamn much and always on some fukk life Maho coming:blessed::blessed::blessed::dead::dead:

Now Sukuna is also full on board in believing Megumi has potential just like Gojo does.

Far as Sukuna we actually still have no idea what that fire move he uses is, it is NOT his domain expansion. His Domain is the cleave and dismantle stuff so that fire move is hinting that despite curse users only having one technique which is standard he somehow has multiple :lupe:Oh....also.Sukuna confirmed he is NOT a cursed spirit. This motherfukker is legitimately different :whoa::damn::damn::damn:

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Remember in season one Gojo was speaking to Megumi about dying to win and risking death to win? This is a continuation of that :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: Megumi from episode 4 I believe when he fought Sukuna has pretty much been on a suicide long ass mission because he knows he summon Maho if it gets bad. He doesn't believe in his own strength enough and Gojo been trying to drill it into his head that he has ridiculous potential. Except unlike Yuji Megumi thinks too gotdamn much and always on some fukk life Maho coming:blessed::blessed::blessed::dead::dead:

Now Sukuna is also full on board in believing Megumi has potential just like Gojo does.

Far as Sukuna we actually still have no idea what that fire move he uses is, it is NOT his domain expansion. His Domain is the cleave and dismantle stuff so that fire move is hinting that despite curse users only having one technique which is standard he somehow has multiple :lupe:Oh....also.Sukuna confirmed he is NOT a cursed spirit. This motherfukker is legitimately different :whoa::damn::damn::damn:
I thought he may have said that only because he was occupying Yuji’s body aka human atm :patrice:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
One little note as a manga reader (kind of a big spoiler): It's cool to see this is point where it hits you that Sukuna is after Megumi's techniques. Like there was foreshadowing before but after this episode (or chapter in the manga) it's clear that he is after Megumi's cursed techniques.
No question
Sukuna going "so THIS is what you were trying to pull off last time we fought :ohhh: I was right about you kid :blessed:

To be honest, watching this season of the anime has made the manga much easier to understand. It's one thing to keep up weekly in the manga with all the action and exposition bubbles thrown at you here and there (and very rarely getting the ones that truly explain the important shyt) and another to watch the anime and getting the explanations on one scene.

It also makes the current stuff in the manga hit better because there's A LOT of callbacks Gege does that go kinda unnoticed between all the fukkery and fights he does (and the time it takes for him to go back to those things).

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
No question
Sukuna going "so THIS is what you were trying to pull off last time we fought :ohhh: I was right about you kid :blessed:

To be honest, watching this season of the anime has made the manga much easier to understand. It's one thing to keep up weekly in the manga with all the action and exposition bubbles thrown at you here and there (and very rarely getting the ones that truly explain the important shyt) and another to watch the anime and getting the explanations on one scene.

It also makes the current stuff in the manga hit better because there's A LOT of callbacks Gege does that go kinda unnoticed between all the fukkery and fights he does (and the time it takes for him to go back to those things).
Which is why I think
The Culling Games won't be As SLOOOOOOOOWW at least I'm hopeful enough that they'll streamline a lot of the exposition