winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
People just really like to exaggerate anime rankings. Chainsaw Man might not be the second coming of Christ but it's a solid watch. It's easily an 8/10 level anime and that's not a mid series. The problem with Chainsaw Man is it was overhyped by manga readers. Anime onlys went in expecting the best shyt ever and got let down.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
People just really like to exaggerate anime rankings. Chainsaw Man might not be the second coming of Christ but it's a solid watch. It's easily an 8/10 level anime and that's not a mid series. The problem with Chainsaw Man is it was overhyped by manga readers. Anime onlys went in expecting the best shyt ever and got let down.
definitely belongs right next to tower of god and god of highschool when you put it like that

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
definitely belongs right next to tower of god and god of highschool when you put it like that
Also 2 animes that burned me

I deserve a L for letting myself get hyped just because I saw a char in the god of hs trailer do a stone cold stunner, but tower of god was uncalled for

I get mad as fukk every time I see that tower of god thread bumped in the film room :pacspit:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
chainsaw man is one of those titles - anime and manga - that loses almost all of its luster if you're not binging it
Legit each part is basically one giant arc . But also its how Fujimoto writes where you need to get the full picture to make of it. Way different then a typical Shonens where you have a clear defined arcs. I mean technically CSM does have "arcs" for each part but they flow into the next to a point you might as well call it one big arc. Of course this style of writing aint for everyone.
Biggest issue with CSM is that manga readers hyped it up because of stuff the anime wasn't gonna cover. The end of S1 got the balling rolling where CSM picked up for most readers.

Honestly to the anime's credit it made the earlier stuff more interesting then when I read. Direction in regards to voice acting and those aspects were really well done.

:unimpressed:

Anyway I'll be back after I catch up to JJK, i rewatched season 1 earlier this year so I shouldn't be too out of touch
Make sure to watch JJK 0 before you get started on S2. It enhances the first arc quite a bit imo.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Legit each part is basically one giant arc . But also its how Fujimoto writes where you need to get the full picture to make of it. Way different then a typical Shonens where you have a clear defined arcs. I mean technically CSM does have "arcs" for each part but they flow into the next to a point you might as well call it one big arc. Of course this style of writing aint for everyone.

Biggest issue with CSM is that manga readers hyped it up because of stuff the anime wasn't gonna cover. The end of S1 got the balling rolling where CSM picked up for most readers.

Honestly to the anime's credit it made the earlier stuff more interesting then when I read. Direction in regards to voice acting and those aspects were really well done.

Make sure to watch JJK 0 before you get started on S2. It enhances the first arc quite a bit imo.
chainsaw man only has one legit good arc tho lol. and those same manga readers are the ones who are too young or too new to the medium to know what a page-turning, narrative-devoid roller coaster looks like imo.

ppl think im a hater but fr people give passes to the wildest shyt and go through stuff knowing they looking at straight forgettable mediocrity - most of it better enjoyed in gif/clip form anyways. you hype everything you hype nothing.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Just finished it
full

Solid watch

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
its about who you trust out here

jjk s2 is movie level stuff nonstop

some of us tried to tell folks about chainmid man

demon slayer basically the level of MHA without the season by season fall off :mjlol: its by the numbers but the numbers work. looking back, i don't think i had a good thing to say about AoT outside of some big moments here and there. no idea how people stuck with it from week to week with years in between.
"Chainmid Man"....

:dead:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

That's almost always the problem. People reading the source are far ahead of whatever a 12 episode anime will cover. The beginning of something is rarely ever the best part (unless it's My Hero Academia).

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Screenshot_20231115_115348_Chrome.jpg

@Jmare007 you keep on mentioning creative liberties, but with the director calling the episode that came out being absolute crap a month ago and all the leading drama and now there is a legit production crash within mappa for S2 of JJK. And they aint gonna delay it because that would mean delaying CSM S2. (Since its obviously coming next year and Mappa has more stake in CSM then JJK.)

Creative liberties is more the lines of Heavenly Delusion, Frieren and Apothcary Diaries where there is a clear difference in style but quality is all the same. This aint it.

Mappa really out here getting the anime industry and community to hate them. And back to your previous point from before regarding Culling Games arc being done in 1 season. Since Mappa gonna have issues like this or something even worse if they try to pull that off. :huhldup:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Screenshot_20231115_115348_Chrome.jpg

@Jmare007 you keep on mentioning creative liberties, but with the director calling the episode that came out being absolute crap a month ago and all the leading drama and now there is a legit production crash within mappa for S2 of JJK. And they aint gonna delay it because that would mean delaying CSM S2. (Since its obviously coming next year and Mappa has more stake in CSM then JJK.)

Creative liberties is more the lines of Heavenly Delusion, Frieren and Apothcary Diaries where there is a clear difference in style but quality is all the same. This aint it.

Mappa really out here getting the anime industry and community to hate them. And back to your previous point from before regarding Culling Games arc being done in 1 season. Since Mappa gonna have issues like this or something even worse if they try to pull that off. :huhldup:
The animation throughout the season has been heavily praised (and for good reason). These dudes killing themselves for their art and givings us amazing shyt to watch. The Dagon episodes were clearly a different style and direction than the Yuji/Choso and last episode. Those are style choices and it's pretty clear, supposed last ep. was outsourced too si it was even more obvious how that other people were making different choices (and it came off perfectly on screen). We've seen enough anime to recognize when people are going for different stuff. We've seen Toji do incredible shyt in like 4 different animation styles and they have all been awesome.

The fact Mappa is a piece of shyt company to work for and that animators are tired of their shyt -and when they watch the finished product they decide it was not worth the godlike effort- is a completely different discussion.

And I've told you like four times already that CG should be done in 2 different cours, not one straigh season like Shibuya. My point about that arc is that it can be adapted in the same amount of episodes as this current season. I'm not asking for people to drain themselves and work insane deadlines to get it done.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The animation throughout the season has been heavily praised (and for good reason). These dudes killing themselves for their art and givings us amazing shyt to watch. The Dagon episodes were clearly a different style and direction than the Yuji/Choso and last episode. Those are style choices and it's pretty clear, supposed last ep. was outsourced too si it was even more obvious how that other people were making different choices (and it came off perfectly on screen). We've seen enough anime to recognize when people are going for different stuff. We've seen Toji do incredible shyt in like 4 different animation styles and they have all been awesome.

The fact Mappa is a piece of shyt company to work for and that animators are tired of their shyt -and when they watch the finished product they decide it was not worth the godlike effort- is a completely different discussion.

And I've told you like four times already that CG should be done in 2 different cours, not one straigh season like Shibuya. My point about that arc is that it can be adapted in the same amount of episodes as this current season. I'm not asking for people to drain themselves and work insane deadlines to get it done.
Ok then I mis remembered with how you worded cause a split cour is obviously a much better approach.

Tho I guess we will just agree to disagree since not even talking about the art style of the animation in the first Dagon fight was still rough compared to what we usually get from mappa JJK. Fight choreography in particular in that episode was much lower then what we usually get. Ep 12 was slightly lower as well but it wasn't too noticable and then the Nanami stuff where they went out way harder then they really had to. Again its not bad but compared to what we consistently got in S1, JJK 0 and Secret Inventory you know Shibuya could have been consistently better imo.

Honestly Shibuya is an arc that is kind of horrible in terms of production to not be finished before hand cause there is no week where its like oh this week we can not go as hard. The entire arc is a streamline of fights and all are pretty highly demanding.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Bro the misunderstandings and fukkery in this Emmience Episode was fukking great :russ:

S2 Ep 7

So many misunderstandings and I love each and everyone of them. Shadow Garden being depressed but suddenly they translated that message to what was proably not what Cid meant to write it. So they stole the money from Gettan. But Cid was unaware of that. Cid fighting Gettan for the gold while Gettan was fighting because he thought Cid was talking about Yukime. :mjlol:

Ironically enough Cid is there once again for her after Gettan wounded her. And now she has allied herself with shadow garden. Then we got Cid who gets the impression that the gold is underneath the snow. But he gives up before Delta finds something, but Cid has already wondered off. :deadrose:

To top it all of Cid still thinks the girls are still mad at him. So he is gonna apply this approach. Classic Cid lmao.

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.05.34_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.10.32_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.20.02_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.20.16_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.24.44_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.25.36_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.28.16_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.29.29_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.30.06_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.31.00_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.32.38_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.33.03_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.33.22_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.33.25_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.36.42_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-15_at_10.36.45_AM.png

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Guess I'm back in to catch the JJK train. :unimpressed:I swear I try not to be pessimistic towards these shows but damn. nikkas said demon slayer was the GOAT and walking that back. Hyped up Chainsaw man shyt was mid. AOT just finished and nikkas saying top 5. JJK people saying is the modern GOAT even though they just called demon slayer the GOAT.

I'll give JJK another chance but this shyt better deliver

I only watch JJK because of the elite fighting animation. Story, characters, etc... all that shyt is mid to me. None of that shyt resonates with my spirit. Plenty of shows that I enjoy more, but nikkas can't deny that action tho, even when its weird as fukk. nikkas fighting giant bugs and other stupid shyt. I used to think it was a great value updated version of YuYu, but this season feels like I'm watching Chainsaw man again, but with better fights.

Sometimes you just gotta realize certain shows ain't meant to be your favorite. Just something to watch.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I only watch JJK because of the elite fighting animation. Story, characters, etc... all that shyt is mid to me. None of that shyt resonates with my spirit. Plenty of shows that I enjoy more, but nikkas can't deny that action tho, even when its weird as fukk. nikkas fighting giant bugs and other stupid shyt. I used to think it was a great value updated version of YuYu, but this season feels like I'm watching Chainsaw man again, but with better fights.

Sometimes you just gotta realize certain shows ain't meant to be your favorite. Just something to watch.
That's actually EXACTLY how I felt about season 1. I was like "the only reason people hyping this up is because they didn't watch YYH"

I did actually enjoy JJK0 so we'll see how I feel about the 2nd season, but the 1st season wasn't deserving of the praise, shyt was just aiight